- Kings and presidents have indulged on this magnificent, moving five-star “hotel-on-wheels”. From love-struck honeymooners, to adulated celebrities. And even ordinary folk who romanticise about a life of spectacular luxury, a life that has seemed tantalisingly out of reach. Until now…
On-board services include, but are not limited to:• Inclusive snacks and beverages served by your personal butler in your private suite on request• A limited on-board laundry and valet service• Safes in all the suites for your valuables• A van for luggage that you will not need during the journey.
- Child PolicyReservations for children on request only
LocationPretoria / Cape Town / Hoedspruit
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
2023 RATES/SCHEDULES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR BUSHBREAKS CONSULTANT FOR A QUOTE.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates quoted are for a one-way journey and are subject to change without prior notification.
- Arrival times and off-the train excursions cannot be guaranteed.
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for single accommodation rates.
- Reservations for children on request only.
- Children under 5 years travel free of charge (maximum 2 children per suite). Children will need to share the bed / beds with their parents or guardians.
- Children 6 – 11 years pay 50% of adult rate, based on a minimum of 2 children sharing in a separate suite.
- There are no special meals available for infants & children on the train.
- Children should be kept under strict supervision by their parents or guardians.
- The Club and Lounge Cars are licensed and no children are allowed in these areas.
About Blue Train
The Blue Train has been synonymous with luxury hospitality, tourism and leisure since 1946 and has enjoyed an international reputation as one of the world’s pre-eminent travelling experiences offering a unique way of enjoying some of Southern Africa’s magnificent landscapes and landmarks.
On board the train, guests indulge in fine cuisine freshly prepared on board by the Executive chefs. Each fine meal is accompanied by the best wines South Africa has to offer.
In keeping with the classically romantic ambience of the 42-seater dining car, lunch is a casual affair, while dinner is formal. Men are requested to wear a jacket and tie or dress in traditional attire and ladies are requested to dress in elegant evening wear or traditional attire.
PERSONAL BUTLER SERVICE
Personal Butlers see to the guests’ every need for the duration of their journey; be it in the comfort of their private suites or at any one of the exquisite lounges, the ultimate definition of luxury in motion.
The De Luxe Suites offer a choice of twin beds (with shower) or double beds (with bath).
The Luxury Suites are more spacious and offer twin or double beds with bath facilities.
All suites are equipped with a writing desk, individually controlled air-conditioning system and a private entertainment centre with a choice of movie channels and radio stations. The Luxury Suite has a selection of compact disks and movies on video and DVD.
ELEGANT LOUNGE FACILITIES
The warm ambience of the elegant lounge car with its large windows allows for panoramic views of the passing countryside. Enjoy high tea in the warm surroundings of the lounge car or meet for a pre-dinner drink.
Should you prefer the more relaxing ambience of a gentleman’s pub atmosphere, then the club car is the ideal place to be, offering impeccable service with its card tables, a small library and a fully-equipped bar. Here guests can watch a short film about the areas, which the train is passing. After dinner guests can also enjoy a Cuban cigar before they retire to their suites.
The Blue Train’s conference facility offers a venue for up to 22 delegates. It is equipped with audio visual and technical equipment for a high-level business meeting or small conference offering a more relaxed atmosphere.
Why not charter The Blue Train for strategic meetings, product launches, VIP breakfasts, lunches, dinner and cocktail parties, weddings and more. You can also book a charter with a difference such as a Golfing or Safari charter through the unique beauty of the “Valley of the Olifants” along the Kruger National Park, or to other attractions of the Mpumalanga or Kwazulu-Natal Provinces. Charters are not limited to the charter options or the routes mentioned above. Charters are dependant on rail network’s compatibility with The Blue Train’s technology.
The Blue Train experience starts the moment you step into any of The Blue Train’s pre-departure lounges. So, take a journey into a timeless world of grace, elegance and romance, where spectacular scenery stirs your imagination and luxurious comfort soothes your body and soul.
THE FOLLOWING BOOKING CONDITIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL ADVANCE RESERVATIONS
1. Payment of fares
50% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit due on receipt of confirmation and invoice|Balance of payment 60 days prior to the departure date
2. Cancellation policy – Charters, group bookings and individual bookings
|Less than 60 days notice 100% cancellation fee.|Once a ticket is purchased, a reservation may be changed for an earlier or later date without penalty, provided such change is made 60 days prior to the date of travel. Any subsequent changes will subject the passengers to payment of the usual cancellation fees according to the notice given.|If a change, cancellation or non-show is caused by exceptional circumstances and verified by suitable documentation, Blue Train will consider waiving all or part of cancellation fees according to the merits of each case.|A provisional reservation only becomes guaranteed once full payment has been received and a ticket issued by Blue Train.|Non-compliance with these bookings conditions will automatically cancel a confirmed reservation without further notice.|For any charter arranged outside standard advertised dates or routes and with or without special arrangements, the client will be held responsible to cover all additional costs incurred, should the said charter not materialize.
The Blue Train shall not be held responsible for damage to, or loss or theft of personal luggage and belongings, nor can we be liable for personal injury, accident, illness or death. The Blue Train will also not be responsible for instances where circumstances beyond its control lead to an interruption, earlier termination, or cancellation of any particular trip. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to instances of vis major/force majeure and/or casus fortuitus (acts of God such as floods and other natural disasters, fortuitous and unforeseen events, etc.). We strongly urge you to adequately cover for any eventualities with your insurance agent. We recommend that you also purchase a “trip cancellation” protection insurance to cover yourself in the unlikely event of a late cancellation or loss.
These booking conditions have been formulated to meet present day market needs, and supercede all previous booking conditions issued in this regard. The Blue Train reserves the right to revise the schedule without penalty.