- aha Casa do Sol Hotel Hazyview offers four different accommodation options: Casas, Villas, Twin and Double Suites, and the Casa Grande, which features a jacuzzi, private pool and sauna.
- The Cozinha Velha Restaurant serves only the freshest produce, picked from their gardens and used by the chefs in the preparation of all meals.
- The following activities are available on site hiking, mountain biking, tennis, and fishing. The Hotel is also the ideally located to tour the Lowveld and discover its nearby attractions such as The Kruger National Park, God’s Window, Blyde River Canyon and Bourke’s Luck Potholes.
- Big FiveNo
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages welcome
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes (Low-Risk)
4.5 hours drive from Johannesburg
1 hour drive from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (Nelspruit)
17 x Casa Rooms (Standard Rooms)
20 x Luxury Suites
6 x Villa Twins
5 x Villa Doubles
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children can only be accommodated in a Family Suite (Villa or Suite).
- Children under 12 years stay free and are only charged for meals. Applicable to the SADC Residents Special Offer, valid until 31 January 2022.
- Children between the age of 6 – 12 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with 2 full paying adults.
- Children over 12 years are charged as adults.
- Please contact you BushBreaks consultant for child rates.
About Casa do Sol
A perfect setting in the heart of the scenic Mpumalanga, the luxurious aha Casa do Sol Hotel & Resort in Hazyview is located next to the Elephant Sanctuary and offers pristine pools, deeply shaded glades and lush flower gardens. The prevailing sense of elegance, peace and quiet belies the fact that the wild and untamed world of the famous Kruger National Park is a mere 15 minutes’ drive away. The village architecture and sub-tropical gardens create a sanctuary of tranquillity and spectacular sunsets.
The Hotel offers four different accommodation options, Casas, Villas, Twin and Double Suites, and the Casa Grande.
Each of the 17 Casa Standard Rooms lead out onto the lush flower gardens and features an en-suite bathrooms, Patio, Shower, TV & Wi-Fi
The 5 Double Villas & 6 Twin Villas offer double beds with private gardens or terraces an features en-suite bathrooms, as well as a small fridge, a Coffee & Tea Station, Minibar, Patio, Shower, TV & Wi-Fi
The 20 Luxury Suites feature a Bath, DSTV, Patio, Safe, Shower, Sitting Area, TV & Wi-Fi
CASA DO SOL RESTAURANT
Renowned for its fine cuisine and exceptional wines, and the Cozinha Velha Restaurant seats up to 90 guests – making it the ideal location for large groups or conferencing guests. The outside patio area with its relaxing ambience and views is the perfect spot for daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, and may also be used for events during the warmer summer months. Not only is this delightful Hazyview restaurant’s breakfast buffet menu a delicious way to start your day, it also offers a light lunch menu and alternates between a set dinner menu and a full buffet for dinner. Service and authenticity play an important role in the quality of our cuisine, so the chefs use only the freshest produce, picked daily from their own gardens, in the preparation of each dish.
Located next to the restaurant, Chiquita’s Cocktail Bar, a popular and relaxing outdoor setting providing the perfect spot to enjoy a pre-dinner drink under the african stars and exchange stories about the day’s activities. There are three designated ‘braai’ (barbecue) areas: Quinchoat, the pool deck (Spanish equivalent of a ‘lapa’), and a traditional South African ‘boma’, as well as the terrace area at the Cozhina Velha Restaurant. Dinner in any of these areas can be booked on request.
During the winter months, guests can take advantage of the large fireplace in the comfortable lounge area to ward off the cold nights. Plus, a mobile bar service is ideal for any event hosted on the property.
CASA DO SOL CONFERENCING
aha Casa do Sol Hotel & Resort has two excellent conference venues, the Ilanga and Nhlangano, that accommodates 12-260 delegates. This Hazyview conference venue is ideal if you are looking for a serene location to enjoy an overnight or week-long conference.
The Hotel is the ideal home-base from which to tour the Lowveld and discover its nearby attractions: Kruger National Park, God’s Window, Blyde River Canyon and Bourke’s Luck Potholes. The Shangaan Cultural Village is also a short drive away.
On-site hiking trails, all-weather floodlit tennis courts and swimming pools are available alongside water activities at Casa do Sol’s dam such as bass fishing, bird watching and boating. Other activities include night safaris, paintball, archery, clay pigeon shooting, team building, bush-braais, and trout fishing.
Guests can also enjoy a round of golf at any of the five stunning golf courses in the vicinity of the Hotel. There are two golf courses in the Hazyview area – the Sabie River Sun Golf Course and the course at the Kruger Park Lodge. The 18-hole championship Sabie River Golf Course is located alongside Nelspruit and White River.
The Kruger Park Lodge Golf Course is a nine-hole golf course with exquisite views across Hazyview and through the valley towards Sabi. Other nearby courses include the 18-hole White River Golf Estate and the nine-hole Skukuza Golf Course in the Kruger Park.
- On-site hiking trails, all-weather floodlit tennis courts and swimming pools are available alongside water activities at Casa do Sol’s dam such as bass fishing, bird watching and boating. Other activities include night safaris, paintball, archery, clay pigeon shooting, team building, bush-braais, and trout fishing.
- The Hotel is the ideal home-base from which to tour the Lowveld and discover its nearby attractions, Big Five Safaris in the Kruger National Park, Gods Window, Blyde River Canyon and Bourkes Luck Potholes. The Shangaan Cultural Village is also a short drive away.
- Guests can also enjoy a round of golf at any of the five stunning golf courses in the vicinity of the Hotel. There are two golf courses in the Hazyview area the Sabie River Sun Golf Course and the course at the Kruger Park Lodge. The 18-hole championship Sabie River Golf Course is located alongside Nelspruit and White River.
Take Nl2 or N4 Highway (respectively) to eMalahleni (previously Witbank) and follow N4 Highway through Belfast and Machadodorp. After the Machado Plaza Toll the road will fork, take the Schoemanskloof option (left), at T-junction turn left on main N4 and continue to Nelspruit.