- The lodge is situated in a Malaria-free inside the World Heritage Waterberg Biosphere Safari Conservancy.
- All luxury suites are furnished in African Baroque style with private sun decks that views across the wetlands.
- Pedi Cultural Village.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- SPATreatment Room
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationEntabeni Safari Conservancy, Waterberg Region
3 hours (285 kms) drive from Johannesburg.
2 hours (230 kms) drive from Pretoria.
Private Airstrip with prior landing arrangements from the General Manager or the resident pilot.
10 Standard Rooms
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
BAR rates (best available rates): these are short term rates that are determined by occupancy levels which, unlike contracted rates, are only valid for a limited period of between 48 hours to seven days. In order to provide the most cost-effective itinerary we may include BAR rates in our quotation. Depending on the quoting/booking time frame we may need to re-quote BAR rates prior to confirming a booking.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Conservation Levy applies to all guests over the age of 12 years visiting Entabeni Safari Conservancy during their stay: R 90 per person per stay, over and above the accommodation rates. Payable at the lodge direct and subject to change.
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for single accommodation special rates.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge.
- Children under the age of 3 years stay free of charge.
- Child rates for children aged 3 – 11 years are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- Children under the age of 16 years need to share accommodation with their parents and may not be accommodated in their own room..
- Children need to be supervised at all times.
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on game drives.
About Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge
Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge is one of the most exclusive and luxurious of the five lodges on Entabeni Game Reserve. Entabeni is a beautiful 12,000ha malaria-free game reserve with varied terrain supporting a wide range of general game including the Big Five. Entabeni offers unspoilt African bushveld ranging from rocky outcrops, where the leopards watch from hidden crevices, to wide open savannah where the herds of zebra, wildebeest and impala congregate. Above the escarpment, the top part of Entabeni is a combination of open grasslands with wooded valleys, a favourite hangout for elephants. The lower part of the reserve is bushveld and is the haunt of the lions and general plains game. The two parts of the reserve are connected via a very dramatic and exhilarating ravine road.
Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge is probably our personal favourite in the Entabeni Game Reserve. Entabeni Hangklip Mountain Lodge’s breathtaking setting offers views stretching over the lake and plains to the Hanglip Mountain beyond. All ten suites at Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge are luxuriously furnished in a sumptuous African ‘Baroque’ style, with large wooden doors leading out to your private sun decks with its breathtaking view across the wetlands and vast open plains. There’s a sitting area with a romantic fireplace at Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge.
The main lodge area at Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge has a dining and sitting area but much activity takes place outside with a garden leading out to an attractive swimming pool area and alfresco dining. For those who prefer some quiet time with a book, there is a reading room in the loft or the wine connoisseur could visit the wine cellar for wine tasting at Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge.
Activities at Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge include twice-daily game drives in open game 4×4 vehicles, guided nature walks, horse riding, moonlit boma dinners, picnic lunches and bush sundowners. Additional activities at Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge include helicopter flips and hot air ballooning in the early morning light which is a particularly special activity. A visit to the Pedi cultural village can also be arranged at Entabeni Hanglip Mountain Lodge.
- En-suite Bathroom
- Tea & Coffee station
- Electronic Safe
- Hair Dryer
- Mini Bar (stocked on request)
- Rooms serviced daily
About Entabeni Safari Conservancy
Entabeni Safari Conservancy in the malaria free Waterberg Region of the Limpopo Province of South Africa, just 35 minute flight or two and a half hour drive from Johannesburg.
The conservancy consists of an exceptional and unique 18-hole Signature course, a luxury estate and many other facilities, situated on a Big 5 Game Reserve in the heart of the African bush.
Please note, the Entabeni Game Reserve is currently running a disease-free Buffalo Project housing the Buffalo of Entabeni in a seperate enclosure with the reserve. You may come face to face with some of Africa’s most unpredictable, dangerous yet majestic animals. Watch them feed from the safety of a game viewing vehicle while you learn all about why the buffalo has earned its place as one of the famous Big 5 and what this special project entails
- The Golf Course, designed as an 18 hole championship golf course, is the longest course in South Africa, providing all golfers, irrespective of their handicap, the experience of a true African challenge. The course plays at 6,534 meters for daily play but is capable of being extended to 7,748 meters for tournaments. Making it one of the longest in the world.The world class championship course, the Signature Course, with each hole designed by one of the world’s leading golfers, has been ranked “The Best New Course in South Africa” by Golf Digest and provides one of Africa’s most spectacular game and golf experiences.18 LEGENDARY GOLFERS
- Trevor Immelman (South Africa)
- Thomas Bjorn (Denmark)
- Jim Furyk (USA)
- Bernhard Langer (Germany)
- Michael Campbell (New Zealand)
- Colin Montgomery (Scotland)
- Mike Weir (Canada)
- Camilo Villegas (Colombia)
- Justin Rose (England)
- Padraig Harrington (Ireland)
- Raphael Jacquelin (France)
- Ian Woosnam (Wales)
- Luke Donald(England)
- Robert Allenby (Australia)
- Vijay Singh (Fiji)
- Sergio Garcia (Spain)
- KJ Choi (South Korea)
- Retief Goosen (South Africa)
- Tribute CourseThe Tribute Course, a ten-hole par-3 course, with each hole being modeled on the best par-3 holes in the world, is designed to be played in approximately 2 hours, green fees being applicable when the 9th and 10th holes are completed. This par-3 course provides a relaxing alternative and addition to the championship 18-hole Signature course.SPORTING FACILITIESVisitors to the resort can learn and practice the game of golf at the unique Golf Academy and Family Golf Centre which includes a driving range as well as chipping and putting greens. The state-of-the-art sports facility, the Field of currently offers tennis and soccer facilities.Golf activities may be pre-booked when making your accommodation reservation or, alternatively, by contacting the Pro-Shop for tee times once at the resort. Note however that all golfing facilities are closed on a Monday – except for public holidays.CONFERENCE INCLUSIONS (subject to change)
- Standard banqueting chairs
- Standard banqueting tables (round/trestle/sprigs)
- Standard table linen (black)
- Chairs covers (black)
- 1 x Data projector
- 1 x Flipchart & pens
- Conference notepads and pens
- 1 x Podium
- PA System available in Monomotapa Hall, Queen of Sheba & Sofala Conference Centre
- Standard screen (subject to venue size)
- 1 x Bottled water per person per day
- Standard venue lighting
ROAD DIRECTIONS TO LOWER ESCARPMENT OF ENTABENI GAME RESERVE
- Take N1 North Highway from Pretoria to Polokwane (Pietersburg).
- Keep on the N1 through Carousel and Kranskop Tollgates.
- Travel a further 32km on the N1. Take the Mookgophong (Naboomspruit) R101A offramp/exit (Route 289).
- Drive 8km to Mookgophong (Naboomspruit).
- Drive straight through the town of Mookgophong (Naboomspruit) on the R101A (29km) till you reach the Sterkrivier (Doorndraai Dam) turnoff (Legend Golf & Safari Resort signboard).
- Turn left and continue for 22km till you reach the Haakdoring turnoff.
- Turn left and continue for a further 10km on gravel road (passing the Legend Golf Resort traffic circle) until you reach the big ENTABENI PRIVATE GAME RESERVE sign on your right-hand side and the security entrance gate.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults