- Explorers Lions Rock Rapids Tented Camp offers ”glamping at its best” on the banks of the iconic Sabie River which is a brief 10-minute drive from the nearby town of Hazyview.
- Fun filled nearby attractions & activities can include day trips into the Kruger National Park where the Phabeni gate is the closest at an approximate 15-minute drive from the camp.
- Spend time exploring the area or simply relaxing with a chilled glass of wine on the banks of the Sabie River, surrounded by nature.
- Big FiveNo
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
- WI-FI FriendlyNo
4.5 hour self-drive from Johannesburg
20 minute drive to the Phabeni Gate of The Kruger National Park
21 x Standard Tents
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL RATES OFFERED ARE VALID FOR SADC RESIDENTS ONLY.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges will apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children under the age of 3 years stay free of charge.
- Children between the ages of 3 – 11 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with 2 adults.
- Currently, Lions Rock Rapids Tented Camp can accommodate a third bed / stretcher bed / cot in a tent, subject to availability.
About Explorers Lions Rock Rapids Tented Camp
Explorers Lions Rock Rapids offers ‘glamping at its best’ situated on the banks of the iconic Sabie River, a 10-minute drive from the nearby town of Hazyview & 20 minute drive to the Phabeni Gate of The Kruger National Park. The camp offers guests a central base from which to explore this beautiful destination at leisure. Whilst spending time at the camp, guests are encouraged to enjoy the prolific birdlife where guests are welcome to partake in a brief hike on the grounds, or simply sit with a chilled glass of wine on the banks of the Sabie River, surrounded by nature.
About the Accommodation
Accommodation is in the form of 21 standard tents, accommodating up to 42 guests. All tents feature an en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, tea & coffee making facilities, mini-safe and a covered patio overlooking the Sabie River.
- En-suite bathroom
- Covered patio
- Mini safe
- Coffee & tea station
Hazyview is a town in South Africa’s Mpumalanga Province which is ideally situated just a few kilometres outside the Kruger National Park. It derives its name from the summer haze that envelopes the low bush land. This occurs during the heat of summer season. Hazyview is a tiny farming town and is renowned for its banana industry. In fact, the area is reputed to have the best climate in the world for bananas and you will see row upon row of these lush tropical plantations. Most of Mpumalanga’s private game reserves are found just east of Hazyview. The spectacular panoramas in Hazyview will undoubtedly remain in your memory. There is so much to experience and see in this area.
- Day trips to self-drives in The Kruger National Park
- Quad biking
- Cultural village visit
- Macadamia plantation tour
Directions from Johannesburg
• From O.R. Tambo International Airport, travel East on the N12 towards Witbank