- Glamping Experience in a tented Camp looking out onto the Mongena Dam
- Free roaming Big Five Game Reserve Dinokeng – just 40 minutes from Pretoria in Gauteng in a malaria free area.
- Morning & Evening Big Five Safari Game Drives
10 Tented Suites overlooking the Dam with each tent featuring a tea/coffee making facility, mini-safe, air conditioning and en-suite bathrooms.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages are welcome
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationDinokeng Game Reserve, Gauteng
Approximately 40 minute drive from Pretoria & 1.5 hour drive from Johannesburg / OR Tambo International Airport.
10 x Luxury Tents
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT: Please note that Explorer’s Little Mongena Tented Camp is currently relying on a generator for power supply until solar power is installed.
SPECIAL RATES OFFERED ARE VALID FOR SADC RESIDENTS ONLY.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude the Dinokeng Conservation levy of R 80 per adult per stay & R 50 per child (under 12 years) per stay. Payable directly at the lodge and subject to change.
- There will be a single supplement of 50% on the per person rate for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children under 3 years are accommodated at no charge.
- Children between the ages of 3 & 11 years will be charged 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with 2 adults.
- PLEASE NOTE: ONLY 1 ADDITIONAL STRETCHER BED PER TENT IS ALLOWED.
- Children aged 5 years and younger are not permitted on Game Drives.
- Children aged between 6 – 11 years will be permitted on Game Drives at the sole discretion of the guide.
About Explorers Little Mongena Tented Camp
Explorers Little Mongena Tented Camp is an intimate little lodge nestled on the banks of the Mongena Dam in a Big Five Game Reserve in Gauteng. Offering a glamping experience near Pretoria, the camp is situated within the 8500ha of Mongena Game Lodge, the camp is part of the greater Dinokeng Game Reserve which spans 18 500ha, is home to pristine bushveld, free roaming Big Five, abundant birdlife and diverse general plains game population.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
The lodge can accommodate 20 guests in shared accommodation. Accommodation comprises of 10 luxury tents, with each featuring air conditioning, mini-safes, tea/coffee station and en-suite bathroom.
- Tea / Coffee station
- Mini safes
- En-suite bathroom shower only
About Dinokeng Game Reserve
The Dinokeng Game Reserve is situated in the Gauteng Province just north east of Pretoria and is Malaria free. Dinokeng, meaning “a place of rivers”, lies in the catchment area of two rivers that flow into the Olifants and Limpopo rivers, which in turn flows into the Indian Ocean. The reserve spans an area of 18500ha of pristine bushveld and is home to free roaming Big Five, an abundant birdlife and diverse general plains game.
• TAKE THE N1 NORTH TO POLOKWANE FROM PRETORIA