- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationKruger National Park
5 hours drive from Johannesburg. Daily scheduled flights from Jhb & Dur to KMIA (Nelspruit) Airport, followed by a 2 hour transfer. Charter flight with Federal Air into Skukuza Airport, followed by a complimentary 45 minute road transfer. A road transfer from Hoedspruit Airport to the lodge will take approximately 3 hours.
3 x Luxury Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking. Rates are subject to availability.
- Kruger National Park gate fees must be settled directly at the gate on entry into the park and are subject to change:
- South African Residents – Adult: ZAR 105 per adult per day & ZAR 53 per child per day.
- SADC Residents – Adult: ZAR 200 per adult per day & ZAR 100 per child per day.
- International Residents – Adult: ZAR 400 per adult per day & ZAR 200 per child per day.
- Kruger National Park gate entry times are as follows:
- Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 05h30 – 18h30
- Mar & Oct 05h30 – 18h00
- Apr, Aug & Sep 06h00 – 18h00
- May, Jun, Jul 06h00 – 17h30
- Please ensure that you enter the park at least 1 hour prior to the gate closing.
- All visitors who are 18 years and older, must produce a positive identity document for scanning in order to gain access to the Kruger National Park:
- SA Residents must produce their SA ID document or Driver’s Licence.
- Non SA Residents must produce their passports.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rate is per night for Sole Use of the Lodge, based on maximum 6 adults and 4 children up to 11 years.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Please note that the sole use rate is inclusive for a maximum of 6 adults.
- The lodge can accommodate a maximum of 6 adults and 4 children (in 2 bunk beds) up to 11 years, who will stay free of charge.
- Children aged 0 – 5 years are permitted on game drives conducted within the Jock Safari Lodge Concession.
- Children aged 6 – 11 years are permitted on game drives.
- Persons under the age of 12 years are not permitted on any walking safaris.
About Fitzpatrick’s at Jock
Fitzpatrick’s Lodge is the newest addition to Jock Safari Lodge. With only 3 suites, Fitzpatrick’s Lodge will ensure that personal service is always a priority for the lodge’s friendly staff. Each of the 3 luxurious suites will be equipped with their own public areas and amenities, including both indoor and outdoor showers. While the dining and entertainment area will offer both alfresco and indoor dining facilities allowing guests the unique opportunity to experience the gracious style of old world elegance surrounded by unspoilt wilderness.
Fitzpatrick’s suites boast beautiful views into the unspoilt Kruger bushveld and guests can also relax in the comforts of the central lounge overlooking the banks of the Biyamiti River. This new lodge can either be booked as a whole lodge with its own personal chef & game ranger or as individual suites.
As with Jock Safari Lodge, Fitzpatrick’s Lodge will have exclusive traversing rights in an area that is regarded as one of the best in the Kruger for its “big five” sightings. Friendly and professional staff will cater for all guests requirements from specialised game drives or game walks – with every sound, scent, footprint or broken blade of grass – as sign waiting to be interpreted and understood. The main lodge spa will also be available for Fitzpatrick’s Lodge guests should they request spa facilities.
Guests at Fitzpatrick’s Lodge will be able to enjoy snacks and meals in the privacy of their suites or join other guests to sumptuous meals under the African sky while the chef and his dedicated team conjure up traditional dishes inspired by this unique location.
Jock Safari Lodge is a proud member of the Shamwari Group.
About The Kruger National Park
The Kruger National Park is the primary destination in South Africa for many international tourists. Each year more than half a million visitors are registered.
The National Park was opened in 1898 at the instigation of then-president Paul Kruger. After hunters had considerably decimated the originally rich game stock, all the land between the Sabie and the Crocodile Rivers was put under the protection of Nature Conservation to ensure the survival of the remaining animals. Only as recently as 1961 was the extended Kruger Park fenced in.
The park stretches from the Crocodile River in the south up to the Limpopo River , which is the international border in the north. Altogether it is 350 km long, 65 km wide and comprises an area of about 20,000 sq km.
A web of roads of 1863 kilometres leads through the National Park, 697 km of them being tarred. For the visitor there are numerous differently equipped rest camps, most of them scenically positioned. Within the park boundaries, travel is only allowed between sunrise and sunset. After dark one has to stay in one of the fenced restcamps.
The best time for observing the animals is the dry winter season. Then the grass is low and bushes and trees don’t have leaves, so that one can have an unobstructed view. Because it virtually doesn’t rain in winter, the animals come to the waterholes to drink in the mornings and evenings and can easily be watched from the car.
- Take the N12 to Witbank. This becomes the N4.
- Follow the N4 through Nelspruit and Malelane until you see the Malelane Gate Kruger Park sign, where you turn left.
- Follow the Malelane Gate / Skukuza road. The camp is signposted off this road.
- Distance from JHB: +/- 458km
- Take the N4 and follow directions above
The camp is situated half way between Skukuza and Malelane gates approximately 35 kilometers in both directions with only three kilometers of dirt road.