- Highgrove House is situated in the mountains of Mpumalanga.
- Exploring the incredible Panorama route, home to the cool mountain air to rejuvenate yourself in delicious anticipation of the evening ahead.
- Antique shop visits, Artist’s workshops, Bird watching, Botanical gardens, Fishing, Golf courses, Horseriding, Hiking, Hot air ballooning, white water rafting or Helicopter flips can all be arranged.
- Big FiveNo
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyChildren 12 years and older are welcome.
- PoolYes - At The Main Area
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationBetween White River and Hazyview, Mpumalanga
4.5 hour drive from Johannesburg. Daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg ? Nelspruit / KMIA and a 45 km road transfer to the hotel.
Road Transfers from KMIA (Nelspruit Airport) can be arranged on request – please contact us for a quote.
6 x Luxury Suites
2 x Executive Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
Special rates for Bed & Breakfast only, are available on request.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum of a 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- All prices quoted are based on a minimum stay of two nights stay and a minimum 3 nights peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Rated listed above are valid for SA residents only. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Special rates for single accommodation are available on request. Please contact you BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- Highgrove House is unable to accommodatte children under 12 years of age.
- Please request child rates for children from 12 years and older from your BushBreaks consultant.
About Highgrove House
Highgrove Guest House set within the Mountains of Mpumalanga is a romantic hideaway of distinctive exclusivity, set amidst orchards of avocados and Macadamia nuts. It combines distinctive accommodation in Mpumalanga along with gourmet cuisine and a hideaway pastoral setting offering sweeping views over the Mpumalanga Lowveld valley. As the guest list for accommodation is limited to just sixteen people, personal service is assured.
The original Colonial Farmstead was constructed some time around the turn of the century and was renovated and revamped in 1990, when the exquisite accommodation suites were constructed, and the lodge opened in 1991. The renovations have retained the character of the era whilst ensuring that today’s discerning guests luxuriate in modern comforts, with total privacy and personal service.
Each of our 8 exquisitely decorated garden suites includes full en suite bathroom with bath and shower, luxurious bathrobes, pure cotton sheets, goose down duvets and king-size or twin beds. Overhead fans provide an “Out of Africa” feeling, and all accommodation suites have separate sitting rooms, with open fireplaces and secluded verandas with views of the forest or valley and avocado orchards. The two executive suites have private saunas and swimming pools in their own secluded gardens – absolute luxury and privacy.
Mornings begin with alfresco breakfasts in the Victorian gazebo, whilst evening highlights are the sumptuous gourmet dishes, fine wines and impeccable service of the candlelit restaurant. We have been awarded the coveted Chane des Rtisseurs blazon. To maintain an atmosphere of Fine Dining, dress code for dinner is smart – please no jeans, shorts or athletic shoes.
- Separate sitting rooms and log fires
- Hot beverage facility
- En-suite bathroom
- Internet & wireless access
- Room safes
- Hiking and bird watching
- Chauffeur driven Panoramic tours (at an additional cost)
- Trips to Blyde River Canyon, Bourke’s Luck Potholes, Gods Window and many other waterfall sites (at an additional cost)
- Kruger National Park – Phebeni Gate, Numbi Gate and Paul Kruger Gate (at an additional cost)
- Big Game Safaris, Botanical Gardens, Horse Riding, Golf, White River Rafting (at an additional cost)
- Antique and curio shops (at an additional cost)
- Helicopter and Hot air Balloon Rides (at an additional cost)
- Follow the N4 to Nelspruit
- Turn left onto the R40 to White River / Hazyview
- The turning to the lodge is 30kms from White River
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults