- The majestic Northern Drakensburg Mountains provide a spectacular backdrop to the under-stated luxury found at the Big Five Jackalberry Lodge.
- More than 60 species of wildlife are found on this vast reserve including lion, leopard, buffalo, cheetah, rhino and elephant as well as several delightful and unusual species of fauna and flora.
- Attention to detail and true South African hospitality will charm guests and leave them with a true sense of real beauty and warmth.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings only)
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChild accepted on a request basis only.
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationThornybush Game Reserve
5 hour drive from Johannesburg. Scheduled daily flights from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit Airport (twice daily).
Selected flights from Cape Town (3 times weekly). Transfers from Hoedspruit Airport to the Lodge available.
1 Family Suite
1 Honeymoon Suite
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
MIDWEEK MIN/MAX 4 NIGHT STAY SPECIAL OFFER!
From R 2,395 per person per night sharing (Sunday to Thursday)
Valid 01 June to 15 December 2021, excluding public holidays and long weekends.
Based on accommodation in a Suite and only applicable midweek, Sunday to Thursday.
Long stay special offer based on a 4 night stay only.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SA Residents only. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request
- Rates exclude a Conservation Fee of R 495 per person per booking & a TOMSA Levy of R 9 per person per night, to be pre-paid upon booking. (Subject to change)
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children are accepted on a request basis only.
- To qualify for the child rates, children must be accommodated in the family suite. Should family suites be unavailable, the per person sharing adult rate will be applicable.
- Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on game drives.
- In order to guarantee a game drive for children, a private vehicle should be booked at an additional cost of R7,500 per day. (Subject to change and availability)
- Children between the age of 6 & 12 years are permitted on drives at the discretion of the game ranger.
- Children under 16 years are not permitted on bush walks.
About Jackalberry Lodge
Jackalberry Lodge is in the Thornybush 11500 Ha Game Reserve situated adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park. The intimate camp offers magnificent views of the Drakensberg Mountains, understated luxury and a restful, ethnic ambience that blends with nature. The lodge is named after the Jackalberry tree which is just one of the trees that allows the bushvelt to support such a wide variety of insects and animals. The bush around the lodge teems with game. More than sixty species of wildlife can be found in the immediate vicinity including lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino, elephant, hyena and cheetah. There are 280 species of birds.
About Thornybush Game Reserve
Adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park lies 11 500 hectares of pristine African bushveld, this is the Thornybush Game Reserve. With an abundance of bird and mammal species including the ‘Big 5’, it is also home to five exclusive lodges.
Diverse accommodation caters for most guests needs from rustic understated comfort to luxury of the finest order. All lodges have sparkling swimming pools and offer exciting dawn and dusk safaris from open land rovers with fully qualified rangers and trackers, and bush walks for the more adventurous.
An African safari can be a life-changing experience. We hope Thornybush is that for you.
- Turn left off the N4 to Belfast – proceed to Dullstroom & Lydenburg – R36 to Orighstad and Strijdom Tunnel – R531/R527 to and through Hoedspruit, over the railway bridge to the four way stop.
- Turn right onto the R40, Klaserie direction. After approximately 25km, turn left onto the Klaserie /Cheetah Inn Road. When you pass the Cheetah Inn, slow down as the road becomes a sand road. Keep heading along this road until you come to a T-junction.
- At the T- Junction turn Right, this road can be extremely bad when wet so please take care. The Jackalberry Gate is approximately 2km on the left hand side. Once inside the reserve, follow the signs to Jackalberry Lodge