- Luxurious, sophisticated camp with individually-designed tents
- In the midst of archetypal Okavango floodplains yet access to Hunda Island in dry season
- The best spa experience in the Delta
LocationPrivate Jao Concession bordering the Moremi Game Reserve
Flying times:To/from Maun: 35 minutes To/from Kasane: 1 hour 25 minutes Kasane to Victoria Falls: 20 minutesAirstrip details:Jao airstrip is located 10 minutes? drive from camp Airstrip coordinates: S19.18.59, E022.35.20 and 1100 metres Licensed for heavier aircraft up to 5700kg MAUW (maximum all up weight), can take King Airs (all types) Airstrip services Jao, Kwetsani and Jacana camps
6 x ? twin bedded tents
1 x Family room ? accommodates 4 guests comfortably, but can accommodate 5 x guests on request
2 x King-size bedded honeymoon tents
1 x Twin guides tent (smaller than guest tent)
This camp can accommodate 18 guests + 1 tour leader
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED RATES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Tourism Levy of USD 30 per person for Botswana, is to be paid upon arrival at port of entry. Payment can be made through electronic machines, cash (US Dollars) or debit and credit cards. (USD cash is recommended)
- Please request child rates from your BushBreaks consultant.
About Jao Camp
Jao Camp is located on a large, remote island in a private concession in Botswana , bordering the Moremi Game Reserve in the heart of the Okavango Delta . With varied habitats ranging from waterways and lagoons to dry Kalahari grasslands and open floodplains, Jao Camp can offer both land and water experiences, depending on the current flood levels. This luxury camp is a tranquil base for a wonderful Okavango Delta Safari experience.
During the flood from April to September, lechwe are plentiful and lion follow them. Elephant numbers peak from August to November. Plains game is evident and there are good leopard sightings. Hunda Island offers a wide variety of different animals and is a must at least once if accessible. Birdlife is excellent – especially during the summer months.
- Via raised walkways from the main communal area
- Luxury canvas cottages, raised off-ground on decks, wooden doors, thatch roof
- En-suite facilities with bath, his and hers basins, indoor shower, outdoor shower, slippers and gowns for guests
- Each room has a veranda with spectacular vistas over the floodplains
- Fans in all guest rooms
- Soap, shampoos and insect repellents are supplied in rooms
- Safe in each tent
- 30% game drives and 70% water activities (very much dependant on flood levels and time of year). In the summer month’s activities tend more towards game drives, whereas in the winter months mainly water-based activities are offered.)SUGGESTED DAILY ACTIVITY SCHEDULEBelow is only a suggestion as to what a day may entail as daily wildlife sightings tend to dictate the schedule
Summer / Winter
05h00/06h00 Wake up call. Light continental breakfast consisting of cereals, tea/coffee/juices and pastries to be served in the dining area
05h30/06h30 Depart on morning activity, returning to camp at approximately 10h00
10h00/11h00 Brunch consisting of a selection of breakfast and lunch dishes. From now until afternoon tea, guests are at leisure. Maybe make use of the spa!
16h00/15h00 Afternoon tea consisting of a selection of sweet and savoury snacks
16h30/15h30 Afternoon game viewing activity – drinks and snacks will be served for sundowners during the course of the activity
19h30/19h00 Return to camp (later if good game sightings)
19h30/20h00 Pre-dinner drinks and snacks will be served at the lounge
20h30/20h00 Three course dinner, which is plated
21h30/21h00 Coffee and liqueurs served around the campfire
ELECTRICITY & WATER
- Camp has 220v generator powered electricity that runs 7hrs per day when guests are out on activities. When guests return from activities, generators generally switch off (for peace in camp)
- 220v plugs available in each tent for the charging of batteries. Hence bring spare battery, charging unit
- Solar panels provide power for hairdryers which are provided in rooms
- Battery power is used for lighting and fans in each guest tent 24hrs/day
- Plug points are available in each tent so that sleep apnoea machines may be used
- Solar-heated waterLAUNDRY POLICYLaundry is done on a daily basis on request – payment direct unless specified