- A luxurious and historic safari base in the middle of Africa’s highest density of elephants
- Wild dog and leopard are known to patrol the area, seeking its abundant antelope
- A sunken hide provides a unique elephant-at-eye-level perspective
LocationNorthern Botswana within the Linyanti Concession, bordered to the east by Chobe National Park overlooking the Linyanti River and Kings Pool Lagoon
Flying timesTo/from Maun: 50 minutes To/from Kasane: 45 minutes Kasane to Victoria Falls: 20 minutesAirstrip detailsChobe 1 Airstrip which also services DumaTau and Savuti camps Airstrip coordinates: S18.31.99, E023.39.27 1000m long, compacted calcrete Max aircraft weight: 2300kg Driving time from Kings Pool is approximately 45 minutes Kings Pool airstrip is no longer operational at all and hence the Chobe 1 Airstrip as above is now used for all access
8 x ¾ twin bedded tents (all of which can be made into a king size bed using a mattress converter)
1 x King-size bedded tent under thatch with a ball-and-claw bath
1 x Twin en-suite guide room which comprises 2 tented rooms sharing 1 bathroom (not the same standard as guest tents)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED RATES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Tourism Levy of USD 30 per person for Botswana, is to be paid upon arrival at port of entry. Payment can be made through electronic machines, cash (US Dollars) or debit and credit cards. (USD cash is recommended)
- Please request a child package rate from your BushBreaks consultant.
About Kings Pool Camp
Kings Pool camp is located in the Linyanti Wildlife Reserve, bordering the western boundary of the Chobe National Park. The camp overlooks the Kings Pool Lagoon and the Linyanti River. The private reserve is characterized by open grasslands, Mopane and mixed terminalia woodlands, riverine forest and the now dry Savuti Channel. This camp is well-known for its herds of Elephants. The camp and its lagoon take their name from King Leopold of Sweden who honeymooned here in the mid 1900’s.
Elephant can be seen all year round but peak roughly from May till late Oct. Lion are seen regularly and it is a good area for leopard and wild dogs. Plains game is good year round but peaks in the dry months. Excellent birding especially Carmine Bee-eaters in summer and great raptors year round. Great hippo and general game viewing on the lagoon in front of camp.
- Luxury tented rooms with thatched roof bathrooms
- Rooms built on raised saligna deck with views of lagoon
- Plunge pool at each unit
- Sala at each unit
- Lounge area in each unit
- Stacking doors with shade net in the frame which can fold open completely onto the deck
- Fans in all guest tents
- Bathroom with separate toilet, double vanity and basin, shower, sliding door off the front to the deck with an outside shower
- Soaps, shampoos and insect repellent are supplied in each unit
- Safe in each unit
- Hairdryer on request
- Swarovski binoculars available for each tent on request
Waterhole/ Hide/ Riverfront Feature