- Kuname Lodge is a small, unashamedly exclusive, luxury safari lodge set in about 9,000 hectares of pristine African bush, in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve – only a 45 minute drive from the world-famous Kruger National Park in South Africa.
- Bordered by the towering Drakensberg escarpment on the west and set in game-rich, lush, riverine vegetation, the facility offers a variety of breathtaking views, diverse landscapes and some of the best big five safari game-viewing opportunities in Southern Africa.
- Luxury, air-conditioned chalets are nestled in the dense African bush with magnificent views of the Kuvenjane River and Drakensberg mountains.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years at Main Lodge
- PoolYes - at main area
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes (limited)
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationKarongwe Private Game Reserve
5 hour drive from Johannesburg. Scheduled daily flights from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit Airport, Transfers from Hoedspruit Airport to the Lodge.
4 x Luxury Suites
1 x Premier Suite (Honeymoon suite)
1 x Manor House (two en-suite bedrooms, loft bedroom & lounge, private boma & plunge pool)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are only valid for SA Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Reserve Fees apply: (to be settled direct)
R 180 per person per night, valid until 31 December 2021, subject to change.
R 195 per person per night, valid from 01 January 2022, subject to change.
- A single supplement for single accommodation applies. Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- No children under the age of 12 years allowed at Main Lodge.
- Children 12 years and older will pay full adult rate.
About Kuname Lodge
Kuname lodge is nestled in African bush with peaceful & tranquil beauty. Small, unique intimate lodge. Gourmet plated meals and an ideal venue for small romantic weddings. Romantic setting for honeymooners. Close access to the Greater Kruger National Park and set on the river bed of Kuvenyami river and set in the beautiful Drankensberg escarpment.
Kuname Lodge is a small unashamedly exclusive, luxury safari lodge set in about 9,000 hectares of pristine African bush, in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve. We are only 45 minutes’ drive from the world famous Kruger National Park in South Africa. Bordered by the towering Drankensberg escarpment on the west and set in game rich. Lush. Riverine vegetation, the facility offers a variety of breath-taking views, diverse landscapes and some of the best big five game viewing opportunities in South Africa. An African jewel set in untouched wilderness, Kuname Lodge invites you to explore the timeless beauty of our spectacular, untamed Garden of Eden. Enjoy a cocktail beside the cool, clear waters of the rock pool or sip on a glass of champagne while you unwind and step into a world few have the opportunity to experience. Kuname Lodge will touch you deeply, rejuvenate you and soothe your soul.
From an open game-viewing vehicle or on foot with an experienced game ranger, you will explore the open terrain of Africa’s wilderness. From the Big 5 to varied game and birdlife, you will become immersed in the ultimate bush experience. At Kuname, we are driven by passion – passion for the land, passion for the animals and plants, passion for the community in which we live. Our guiding principle is “Responsible Tourism” in order to conserve the ecosystem and preserve one of Africa’s “endangered species”.
The 4 luxury, air-conditioned suites are nestled in the dense African bush, each equipped with indoor and outdoor bath and shower. The Premier, air-conditioned suite is nestled in the dense African bush, equipped with indoor and outdoor bath and shower.
KUNAME MANOR HOUSE
This Colonial style house, which boasts two en-suite bedrooms, a living room area, loft, a fully equipped kitchen area, private boma and plunge pool, can accommodate up to six guests (ideally suited to four adults and two children). This is an ideal setting in the African Bush with full board facilities.
Manor House Staff will attend to your every need whilst you enjoy a cocktail alongside your private splash pool or relax under the big Weeping Boer Bean and Jackalberry Trees. You will experience pure Africa while enjoying dinner around the fire, listening to the evening sounds and be amazed by the beauty and clarity of the African skies.
- Mini bar
- Coffee/Tea facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Air conditioners
- No mosquito nets
- Inside showers and outside baths & showers
About Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Karongwe Private Game Reserve, overlooking the majestic Drakensberg mountain range in the Limpopo Province, Traversing over the 9000 hectares of supreme African bushveld, the Karongwe Reserve is home to the Big Five (Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant) as well as a wealth of other creatures. Our open vehicle game drives are perfect for game viewing. Enjoy a sundowner while the sun sets over the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains. The magnificent game viewing makes for perfect photographic opportunities; enjoy the view of the Lowveld from a “kopje” amid the lush vegetation, huge variety of trees and over 365 different bird species. Game drives are conducted with our qualified game rangers and Shangaan trackers – who will share their vast experience of the African Bush and a chance to view Cheetah on foot.
Take the N4 motorway towards Mbombela (Nelspruit), passing eMalahleni (Witbank) and Middleburg
Turn left into eMakhazeni (Belfast) Once in eMakhazeni,
follow the signs and turn right towards Dullstroom, passing through Mashishing (Lydenburg)
Continue on the R36 to Ohrigstad and the JG Strydom Tunnel
Approximately 10km after the tunnel, turn left onto the R36 Towards Tzaneen.
The Karongwe Game Reserve is situated on your right, with the lodges located as follows,Shiduli – 22km,
Kuname – 24km,
Karongwe River Lodge – 27km,
Chisomo Safari Lodge – 27km,
Becks Safari Lodge – 27km