- Machaba Camp is situated in the game rich Khwai area. The Khwai Concession is a 180 000 hectare reserve situated in the north eastern Okavango adjacent to the Moremi Game Reserve.
- The camp is built in the classic 1950’s style, with luxury safari tents, en-suite bathrooms and living areas, not forgetting the romantic outdoor showers. All the tents are situated on the ground and the pathways to the tents meander between the large riverine trees.
- What guests can expect to do at Machaba – Morning and evening game drives, Walking Safari (guide dependant), Mokoros (year round, water dependent), Game viewing from the comfort of your own tent, Visits to the local community, After Dinner Night Drive.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAIn-room Massages
- AirconFans Only
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationMachaba Camp is situated in the Khwai area, on the eastern tongue of the Okavango Delta adjacent to the Moremi Game Reserve in Botswana
Schedule Flight to Botswana on SA Airlink and Air Botswana.
Light Aircraft Flight: Maun to Khwai Airstrip.
Road Transfer: Khwai Airstrip to Machaba Camp ( 20 minute drive)
8 x Luxury Tents
2 x Luxury Family Tents
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL RATES LISTED ABOVE ARE APPLICABLE TO SADC RESIDENTS.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Machaba Safari Conservation & Community Levy of USD 15 per person per night applies. Payable at the lodge direct and subject to change.
- A Tourism Levy of USD 30 per person for Botswana is to be paid upon arrival at port of entry, subject to change. Payment can be made through electronic machines, cash (US Dollars) or debit and credit cards. (USD cash is recommended)
- Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for single accommodation rates.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children aged 5 years and younger stay free of charge.
- Children between the ages of 6 & 11 years pay 50% of the adult rate when sharing with adults.
- Children aged 12 years and older pay the full adult rate.
- There are no babysitting facilities available at the camp.
- A private safari game drive vehicle needs to be booked for guests travelling with children under 6 years. The additional charge is available on request.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted to participate in game walks & mokoros.
About Machaba Camp
Machaba Camp is situated in the game rich Khwai area, on the eastern tongue of the Okavango Delta, The name Machaba is the local Setswana name for the Sycamore Fig Tree, the tree of life. The Machaba tree abounds in the Okavango Delta and most African riverine forests.
Machaba trees are renowned for their abundant fruit, which feed a vast array of animals throughout the year, including elephant, baboons, bush buck, green pigeons and many more.
The camp is built in the classic 1950’s style, with luxury safari tents, en-suite bathrooms and living areas, not forgetting the romantic outdoor showers. All the tents are situated on the ground and the pathways to the tents meander between the large riverine trees.
All 10 luxury tents are situated in the beautiful riverine treeline on the Khwai River, overlooking the famous Moremi Game Reserve. From these tented verandas one can watch the daily parade of animals coming down to drink at the river in front of camp. The camp consists of 8 luxury twin tents and 2 luxury family tents. Children of all ages are welcome at the camp; however a private vehicle will need to be booked for families with children under the age of 6 years old.
Machaba Camp is aimed at the affordable luxury travel markets across the world, offering great value for money and a unique classical safari experience. Machaba Camp will appeal to the novice safari guest as well as to the seasoned safari traveller.
- All rooms can be made into Twin & King Size beds
- Standing Fans
- His & Hers wash up area
- Separate toilet
- Separate shower
- Study desk
- Outside seating area & loungers
- Minimum electricity available in the tents, however charging facilities are available for cameras
About Okavango Delta Accommodation
MOREMI GAME RESERVE
Moremi Game Reserve lies in the heart of the Okavango Delta in Botswana. It is considered to be the most beautiful wildlife sanctuary in Africa and is the ideal Botswana safari destination.
In a historic move, Moremi was established by the BaTawana people to protect the regions wildlife. It is home to huge herds of Elephant and the endangered African Wild Dog. It supports one of the greatest concentrations of wildlife in Africa.
One of the world’s greatest safari destinations, it covers nearly 20% of the Okavango Delta. The reserve is a study in contrasts, with areas of dry woodland and savannah next to picturesque floodplains and lagoons.
The reserve is a sanctuary for many animals and known for its large herds of plains game such as Buffalo, Zebra and Wildebeest. It is also home to many predators including Lion, Leopard, Cheetah and Hyenas.
Elephant herds numbering in the thousands take refuge in the beautiful Mopane forests in the dry winter months. It is also one of the only places in Botswana where you can see the Big Five since Rhino have been re-introduced.
Waterhole/ Hide/ Riverfront Feature
- Morning and evening game drives
- Game walks (guide dependent and pre-requested)
- Game viewing from the comfort of your own tent
- Visit to the local community
- Mokoros (year round, water dependent)