- We accept children of all ages at Morukuru, even on game drives!
- We offer families the opportunity to reconnect with one another in their own private and exclusive space.
- The Morukuru Freedom concept allows you to choose how you wish to spend your days – NO schedules only your own rhythm and pace.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings Only)
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolEach Safari House Has Its Own Private Pool
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationMadikwe Game Reserve
4 hours by road from Johannesburg (360km)
Three Luxury bush homes to be booked exclusively for small parties & families:
Owner’s House – 2 Bedroom Safari Private House
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
**SADC RESIDENTS OFFERS – Based on 2 guests sharing!
Exclusive use, Occupancy: up to 4 guests (children of all ages welcome)
Includes: private and exclusive use of the house, complimentary Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, local soft drinks, water, juices, coffee, tea, local house wines & spirits, private chef, butler, host & housekeeping staff, private guide & tracker, private game drive vehicle, private bush walks (16 years & older), sundowner drinks, picnic, road transfers within Madikwe Game Reserve, entrance fee/reserve gate fee, laundry service & VAT
Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for more information.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking. Over peak season a minimum 4 night stay is required.
- Rates offered above are valid for SA Residents only. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- 2022 to 28 February 2023: Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 165 per adult per night & R 82.50 per child (3 – 12 years) per night applies. The fees are subject to change and to be settled at the lodge direct.
Effective 01 March 2023: Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 190 per adult per night & R 95 per child (under 12 years) per night applies. The fees are subject to change and to be settled at the lodge direct.
- Rates are quoted per house per night therefore a single supplement does not apply.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Please request the child policy from you BushBreaks consultant.
About Morukuru Owners House
In the shade of the Big Morukuru Tree The Owner’s House is our premier bush house and embraces all that is luxury. Our arrival bridge that takes you straight to the entrance of Owners House, is what we conisder the start of our “red carpet treatment” and you are immediately enveloped in the lavishness as you walk into your very own bush home. The house is adorned in silk and handmade fabrics of the highest quality. Even though this is a two bedroom house it is our largest and most spacious riverside bush home with a library, top of the range digital equipment, a prestigious wine cellar and many comfortable spaces to unwind and relax in. The outdoor space is equally impressive with a 14meter pool, a romantic tree top tsala, a boma for starlit dining and an outside bath for a romantic and tranquil bathing experience.
The house can accommodate 4 guests in two spacious, beautifully appointed en-suite king sized bedrooms.
The suites consist of sumptuous bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, fireplace for chilly nights and private wooden balconies in the green canopy of the trees.
- Exclusive use of the Lodge
- Luxurious and spacious en-suite bedrooms with fireplaces
- Separate child’s bedroom
- Dining room
- Lounge with fireplace
- Fully equipped kitchen with personal chef
- Personal butler, chef, tracker, nanny & housekeeping staff
- Heated infinity pool
- Pool deck with river view
- Shaded patio
- Fully air-conditioned
- Flat screen television
- Internet facilities
Indoor & outdoor showers
About Madikwe Game Reserve
Herman Charles Bosman has woven many a tale about Abjaterskop and the Marico River . It is perhaps he that best describes the vast area where enselsberg rise from the savannahs and an area that is given life from the Marico River . This is the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve, 75 000 hectares of unique topography and breathtaking beauty, it is also the home to the big 5, wild dog, cheetah and a large variety of mammal and bird life.
This 75 000 hectare reserve is situated in the North-West province of South Africa , on the border with Botswana . The large diversity of vegetation and ecozones allows for a rich diversity of game and bird species to inhabit the reserve.
HISTORY OF THE RESERVE
The reserve was proclaimed in August 1991, but officially became the estate of the North-West Parks Board on the 31 October 1991.
The reserve is one of very few in the world that was proclaimed purely on the grounds of it being the most appropriate sustainable land use for the area in which the reserve lies. Studies done through independent consultants clearly showed that wildlife-based tourism would be the most beneficial option for an area that was in an economic depression. The vision for Madikwe was to have a joint venture run by the North-West Parks Board, private investors and the local communities living in the surrounding area. The reserve has now become a role model for many similar ventures country wide due to the successes achieved within the reserve.
Prior to the park being proclaimed, work had already begun on clearing derelict farm buildings, fencing, and a number of alien plant species.
The park has a number of old buildings that were spared from demolition and now serve as The Parks Board headquarters. There were other game scout outposts built to house game scouts and other reserve staff. The perimeter was fenced with approximately 150km of electric game fencing, which is electrified to prevent the escape of the larger game species. In the park local business and labour was used to demolish buildings, erect fences and to construct roads, dams and lodges.
Morukuru Air is able to privately charter guests from OR Tambo Airport or any or the other local airfield directly to Morukuru. The duration of the flight is +/- 50 minutes. All our guests are met on arrival by a personal escort that will greet them at the airport and assist them though immigration, baggage control and customs. They are then escorted to their personal chauffer that will transfer them to one of the local airfields for departure to Madikwe. Morukuru Air offers guests the flexibility of arrival and departure times as well as a relaxed and exclusive flight experience. Helicopter transfers can also be arranged on request as we have a helicopter platform on the private property of Morukuru.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults