- Located in the Chobe Forest Reserve just 3km from the Chobe National Park, a region renowned for its outstanding wildlife, in particular the famous Chobe Elephants, and home to more than 75 mammal and 450 bird species
- Set on a plateau, overlooking the Chobe River and floodplain, Ngoma Safari Lodge’s eight luxurious boutique suites, offer guests the opportunity to view wildlife, such as herds of migrating zebra, elephant & buffalo from their private suite.
- Each suite features a private outdoor shower, a ‘refresh and relax’ pool, a king size bed, an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in rainfall shower and a luxurious bath. Two of the suites have sofa beds and may be used as triples.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 10 years allowed
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationChobe Forest Reserve, Botswana
Flights via Kasane Airport ? Botswana, Victoria Falls Airport ? Zimbabwe or Livingstone Airport ? Zambiann
55 kilometres/34.1 miles from Kasane
135 kilometres/83.7 miles from Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe
Chobe National Park Ngoma Gate entrance is 5 kilometres/3.1 miles
Ngoma Safari Lodge to Ngoma Gate Bridge (border post with Namibia) is a distance of 7 kilometres/4.34 milesnn
Road transfers are approximately:
1 hour 15 minutes from the Kazungula border with Zambia
1 hour from Kazungula Border with Zimbabwe
45 minutes from Kasane Airport
approximately 3 hours from Livingstone or Victoria Falls airports.
All 8 river-facing luxury suites are non-smoking, have spacious internal and external living areas, a large luxury bath,an indooor and outdoor shower, ceiling fans, air conditioning, a mini bar re-stocked daily, and tea/coffee facilities, including a Nespresso machine. In addition, each suite has aprivate ?refresh and relax? poolconveniently located in the adjacent
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
CUSTOM MADE PACKAGES TO SUITE YOUR REQUIREMENTS ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- All prices quoted are valid for SADC Residents only and subject to change & increase.
- All Rates above exclude Visas, Park fees, Travel Insurance, All items of a personal nature and all items not listed above as included.
- Copies of valid passports are required to make a reservation.
- Please confirm that your passports are in order and that any visa requirements have been met.
- Please ensure that your passports are valid for at least 6 months from date of return to South Africa.
- It is also necessary to make sure that you have at least two blank pages in your passport that are side by side.
- Please note Zambia, Zimbabwe & Botswana are malaria areas. Please consult your doctor for the appropriate medication.
- All passengers must be covered by fully comprehensive travel insurance to include cancellation, default, baggage, emergency evacuation and medical for the duration of your trip.
- A Machaba Safari Conservation & Community Levy of USD 15 per person per night applies. Payable at the lodge direct and subject to change.
- A Tourism Levy of USD 30 per person for Botswana, is to be paid upon arrival at port of entry, subject to change. Payment can be made through electronic machines, cash (US Dollars) or debit and credit cards. (USD cash is recommended)
- Please request single rates from your BushBreaks consultant.
- No children under 10 years allowed.
- Children aged 10 and 11 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate.
- Children aged 12 years and older pay the adult sharing rate.
- As Ngoma Safari Lodge is situated in a wildlife area, children should be under the supervision of their parents / guardians at all times.
About Ngoma Safari Lodge
Ngoma Safari Lodge is situated in Northern Botswana within the Chobe Forest Reserve bordering the western edge of Chobe National Park and overlooking the Chobe River. This boutique lodge, an oasis is in a wildlife wonderland, offers unrivalled panoramic views over the game-rich floodplain and Chobe River. It is on the doorstep of Chobe National Park, also known as the ‘Land of the Giants,’ as it is home to the largest population of elephants on Earth.
Expect a vast and diverse array of wildlife as knowledgeable guides take you on safaris through the Chobe National Park, lazy afternoons by the pool and stunning dinners under African stars. Additional activities include river cruises, night game drives, game walks (on request), local community visits and mokoro trips.
A joint community and privately funded project developed with the Chobe Enclave Conservation Trust, Ngoma Safari Lodge is committed to making a sustainable difference to the local communities and their environment. The lodge employs from the local communities, which also benefit directly from every bed night booked.
- A full day safari: incorporating a cruise on the Chobe River, a game drive in the Chobe National Park (which has over 75 species of mammals) and a picnic lunch.
- Night game drives: these are available in the Chobe Forest Reserve.
- Birding: there are over 450 species to be spotted in the region.
- Walking with a professional guide (subject to availability and pre-booking).
- Optional breakfast and lunch cruise from the new jetty at Ihaha, located in western Chobe.
- Ngoma Safari Lodge’s partnership with CECT, cultural experiences and interaction with the community are an integral part of the Lodge�s activities and these include visits to the local school, the clinic and the village.