4 hours drive from Johannesburg
45 minute flight from OR Tambo International Airport to KMIA
150 x Tented Suites
(8 of which are wheelchair accesssible)
ABOUT NKAMBENI SAFARI CAMP
Nkambeni Safari Camp is situation in a 11 500 hectare concession within KNP with the entrance to the lodge is just before Numbi Gate., boasting the Big Five as well as other wildlife. This stunning camp offers 150 permanent luxury timber & canvas suites which are designed to keep the natural habitat intact. Game viewing is done on the lodge game vehicles within the concession area. One also has the options to self-drive into KNP, for this one needs to pay the Kruger National Park Entrance fees.
Sustainable & responsible tourism forms a big part of Nkambeni and therefore the lodge meets all eco-friendly criteria.
Guests can enjoy speciality South African cuisine in the spacious restaurant, at a log fire boma private dinner or a have an extraordinary bush braai under the stars around a fire whilst being surrounded by the sounds of Africa.
There are also a wide range of activities that guests can experience such as sundowners, morning & afternoon game drives and bush walks which allow guests to see the smaller details of the Kruger National Park.
The focus at Nkambeni Safari Camp is to keep the natural environment untouched. The overall construction of the lodge is low maintenance & this means that the accommodation is quite affordable. All these factors come together with luxury & comfort making it easy to enjoy nature the way it is meant to be. The tented suites are constructed in such a manner that it conforms to the highest standards of low impact eco-friendly criteria.
Each air conditioned tented suite boasts two extra length beds, fold out bunk beds for children, a bathroom with an indoor & outdoor and a tea and coffee station.
Experiences at Nkambeni Safari Camp
With the option of morning & afternoon game drives, guests can experience all facets of the reserve. Each game drive is different and that is what makes it so unique.
Game drives are conducted in open 4 x 4 safari vehicles which are driven by friendly guides who ensure that each guests is treated with great service.
Night drives are especially spectacular as one gets to experience the nocturnal activities & sounds of nature in an up close & personal way.
This is also the best time for game viewing as large predators are on the prowl & begin to hunt.
Complete your night drive and experience by enjoying sundowners while the bush comes alive just before sunset. Along with great sundowners, a bush braai under the African sky is the perfect ending to any night.
For guests who are more adventurous, bush walks are perfect as one can see the finer details of the Kruger National park. The guides have extensive knowledge of the African bush including animal tracking.
Apart from the activities stated above guests can also experience the following (upon request):
Nkambeni Safari Camp offers the following on request by special arrangement:
• Traditional African entertainment, such as traditional dancers, Marimbas and gumboot dancing.
• Traditional Afrikaans dinners
• Excursions to Nkambeni’s additional community projects, such as the community schools, feeding schemes, bore holes, food gardens and anti-rhino poaching talks.
Additional activities in the Lowveld area:
• Panorama route
• Enjoy a visit the many waterfalls in the area.
• Experience the amazing view from God’s Window
• Visit the Bourkes Luck Potholes.
• Drive through the Blyde River canyon, the largest green canyon in the world.
• Experience the Gold Digger’s history at Pilgrim’s Rest.
• Elephant encounters
• Visits to Chimp Eden
• Golf courses – Skukuza / Kruger Park lodge / Sabi River Sun etc.
• A large dining area overlooking the Kruger National Park that offers A la carte as well as buffet meals
• A fully licenced bar area
• A lounge area where you can enjoy a sundowner with your friends and family
• A large swimming pool and leisure area overlooking a dam where Hippo and other wildlife often visit
• A Large boma for evening braais, ideal for larger groups and / or functions
• Smaller boma area for more intimate groups
• Typical African entertainment can be arranged on request such as traditional dancers, Marimbas, etc.
• An African curio shop
• Two extra length beds
• Two fold out bunk beds for the kids
• Bathroom with an indoor and outdoor shower
• Air conditioner
• Self-help coffee station in each room