- Sarili Lodge in the Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a private oasis perfect for family friendly safaris, friends & groups boasting magnificent views of the Bushman’s River and the open plains.
- You can expect extreme comfort and magical sunsets along with a wildlife experience that will never evade your memories.
- With only five luxurious river view rooms this lodge offers initmate moments for a wonderful Big Five Safari Experience.
- For children, Sarili Lodge is a perfect setting as the Kids on Safari Adventure Centre offers a range of activities where children can learn about the conservation efforts of the Shamwari Game Reserve in a safe, malaria free area.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolHeated swimming pool
- SPAIn-room treatments or Spa available at other Shamwari Lodges
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- WI-FI FriendlyYes
LocationShamwari Private Game Reserve, Eastern Cape
The closest airport is Port Elizabeth & is about 60 minutes drive
Shamwari has a landing strip & air transfer from Port Elizabeth to Shamwari can be booked (at an additional charge)
2 x Luxury courtyard rooms with a veranda (inter-leading via a passage)
3 x Luxury river view rooms with a balcony
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are strictly based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude a guest conservation levy of R 100 per person per night (subject to change). This must be settled at the lodge upon departure.
- Sole Use of Lodge Rates are applicable per lodge per night.
- Sole Use of Lodge Rates are applicable per lodge night.
- Children under the age of 4 are not permitted on game drives.
- Childminders are available at an additional cost.
About Shamwari Sarili Lodge
Sarili Lodge has gained its name from a Supreme Xhosa Chief who reigned in the late 1800’s. This lodge offers contemporary comfort and is perched above the Bushman’s River overlooking the grassy plains of Africa. The lodge is an intimate and private getaway for families, groups & friends. Whilst being an intimate lodge it still provides the perfect bush experience.
The African Thatch designed Villas provide a spacious deck overlooking the Bushman’s River with expansive views of the plains, the lodge is positioned in the Southern Region of the reserve. The décor is focused around an old traditional farmhouse with interiors that reflect an easy living home lifestyle in a natural environment.
The lodge consists of five luxury rooms and can sleep a maximum of ten guests. The lodge features a child friendly swimming pool with indoor and outdoor dining areas. Guests can make use of the large lounge area with a television and fireplace.
For kids, Shamwari offers a special “Kids on Safari” programme where children aged 4 and older have a chance of a lifetime to view the Big 5 and visit the Born Free Foundation and Shamwari Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre.
Other activities at the lodge include :
|Game drives|Walking Safaris|Spa Treatments|Visits to Born Free and Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre|Birding
About Shamwari Private Game Reserve
Shamwari, meaning “my friend” in Shona, is the pinnacle of private game reserves and home to the coveted Big 5. Stretching over a vast, malaria free landscape, it offers an award-winning nature experience and is one of the largest private conservation initiatives in Southern Africa.
Shamwari is a place where guests can exist in harmony with nature, however fleeting the moment, where wildlife roam the landscape under the relentless African sun. Shamwari incorporates six lodges and one explorer camp; each one unique in its own essence. Lodges are designed in harmony with their surroundings where guests can experience nature in sublime comfort.
SAFARI TRAVELLERS TIPS
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a malaria-free area, so one need not to worry about packing any preventative tablets or syrups, other than personal prescription medication.
To get the most out of your Eastern Cape visit, it is recommend that you pack the following items:
|Cameras, lenses and binoculars|Light clothing for summer safaris|Bathing suits for the pool areas|Comfortable walking shoes|Sunscreen and hats|Warmer clothing for night game drives and winter stays
Should you need anything else, there are gift boutiques on site.
- Game drives
- Walking Safaris
- Spa Treatments
- Visits to Born Free and Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- Kids Adventure Center
- Kids Club
- Follow the N2 out of Port Elizabeth heading towards Grahamstown.
- Continue on the N2 until you reach a sign board for Shamwari Private Game Reserve and turn left towards Paterson on the R342.
- Travel 7 km up the gravel road and enter at the 2nd gate for the Welcome Lounge.