- The latest addition to the Cradle Nature Reserve, situated in the spectacular Cradle of Humankindin Gauteng
- This luxury bush hotel boasts sixteen luxury “hip-eco” timber and thatch rooms
- The Cradle Restaurant is architecturally magnificent with extensive outdoor seating and retractable glass and steel doors that literally let the outside in. Its long, wide verandah provides diners with a 180° view of the game-filled valley below, the rolling Magaliesberg hills, and the vast African sky.
- Big FiveNo
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages welcome on a request basis only
- SPAIn room treatments available on request
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationCradle of Humankind, Magaliesburg, Gauteng
58 km from Johannesburg Central (1 hour drive)
9 km from Lanseria International Airport (10 minute drive)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: (Subject to change)
CRADLE BOUTIQUE HOTEL IS OPEN FOR ACCOMMODATION BOOKINGS FROM WEDNESDAYS TO SATURDAYS.
ACCOMMODATION BOOKINGS ARE NOT OPEN FROM SUNDAYS TO TUESDAYS.
THE RESTAURANT IS OPEN FOR LUNCH FROM WEDNESDAY TO SUNDAYS.
PLEASE CONTACT BUSHBREAKS & MORE FOR A QUOTE BASED ON BEST AVAILABLE RATES AT THE TIME OF YOUR ENQUIRY.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- There will be 100% single supplement applicable for single accommodation.
- Children under 12 may be accommodated, subject to confirmation from the lodge and rates are on request.
- Max 1 child in Executive Room and max 2 children in the Owner’s Suite.
- No children can be accommodated in the Luxury Rooms.
- Children 12 years and up are considered as adults and will be charged the adult rate.
- Children under 12 years are welcome on fossil tours and game drives if chosen as additional activities.
About The Cradle Boutique Hotel
The Cradle Boutique Hotel is the latest addition to the Cradle Nature Reserve, situated in the spectacular Cradle of Humankind in Gauteng. This luxury chic hotel boasts sixteen luxury “hip-eco” timber and thatch rooms and also a beautiful Owners Cottage. All rooms have private viewing decks, affordfing you the opportunity to enjoy the spectacular African landscape, and are fitted with air-con, en-suite bathrooms, plasma T.V., DStv, laptop safes, mini-bar fridges, hairdryers, complimentary guest amenities, tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary WI-FI.
This boutique hotel also boasts a 220 seater restaurant, and conference venues with unparalleled views of the majestic Highveld – an ideal wedding venue close to Johannesburg yet hidden away from the city!
Guests can look forward to being treated to on-site private guided safaris, officiated by specialist guides, to two major fossil exploration sites – Gladysvale and Malapa, in partnership with world-renowned paleo-anthropologist, Prof Lee Berger. Guided game drives and game walks can be arranged – please book with the hotel in advance to secure a spot for this “bucket list” experience.
The Cradle Restaurant is architecturally magnificent with extensive outdoor seating and retractable glass and steel doors that literally let the outside in. Its long, wide verandah provides diners with a 180° view of the game-filled valley below, the rolling Magaliesberg hills, and the vast African sky. A well-stocked wine cellar and bar, plus private dining rooms, completes the facility.
The restaurant is made for long, lazy lunches, drinks, and dinner at the end of the work week. You’re also able to take a splendid picnic lunch away with you in a basket (complete with an ice bucket to keep your drinks cold) and sit in a grassy patch in the shade of the white Stinkwood trees next to the Motsetse stream.
This popular bush hotel, situated on 7000 hectares of a private nature reserve in the Cradle of Humankind, offers endless opportunities, experiences and unforgettable memories.
Luxury Rooms – Sleeps 1-2 people on 2x ¾ Beds or King Bed shower, work station, air con, mini bar, coffee/tea station, Hairdryer, electronic safe, flat screen TV, DSTV channels, free wi-fi, Private viewing deck.
Executive Rooms – Sleeps 1-2 people on a King bed, luxury bath, shower, Lounge, working station, mini bar, coffee/tea station, air con, free wi-fi, electronic safe, flat screen TV, DSTV channels, large private deck and chill zone.
Owners Suite – Sleeps 1-2 people (additional bedding for children can be arranged on request) Bedroom, king bed, luxury bath tub, double shower, private outside shower , Aircon, room amenities, hairdryer, electronic safe, private viewing deck. Separate Lounge, fully fitted kitchen, dining room, flat screen TV, DSTV channels, work station, free wi-fi, Aircon, and private veranda.
|Bar & Restaurant|wide verandah provides diners with a 180° view of the game-filled valley below|the rolling Magaliesberg hills, and the vast African sky|A well-stocked wine cellar and bar|plus private dining rooms|Airport Shuttle Service|Tourism Information Desk|Baby-sitting|Cots available|Family friendly|Laundry Service|No Pets allowed|Secure off-street parking|Parking available|Safe available
- Private guided safaris, Game Drives and Game Walks can be arranged.
- The activities are on request and subject to availability. It is recommended that you book in advance.
Route T9, Kromdraai Road (R540), Kromdraai, Cradle of Humankind.