- The Grand Daddy Hotel is an iconic city centre hotel boasting originality at its best with a distinct focus on the promotion of local design, exceptional service and world class hospitality, making this a completely unique addition to Cape Town’s famous Long Street.
- This hotel has unique features such as the rooftop sky bar, their classic eatery which is more commonly known as ‘Thirty Ate’ and boasts the only airstream rooftop trailer park in southern Africa.
Keeping with the unique feel of the hotel & adding a vintage element, the Grand Daddy has the oldest operational elevator in Cape Town.
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- Cellphone SignalYes
4 x Standard Rooms
13 x Superior Rooms
5 x Luxury Rooms
1 x Family Room (main bedroom & interleading bunk-bed room for kids)
1 x Grand Daddy Suite
1 x Sugar Daddy Suite
6 x Standard Airstream Trailers
1 x Trailer Suite
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Rates are based on best available rates at the time of your enquiry and are subject to change without prior notice. Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges will apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for a best available rate for single accommodation based on your preferred dates of travel.
- Children up to two years old are accommodated free of charge in a cot in Luxury Rooms and Suites.
- Up to two children in this age category can be accommodated in the Grand Daddy Suite and Luxury Rooms and up to three children in the Sugar Daddy Suite.
- Please contact us for a best available rate for children aged 3 to 12 years old.
- Note: Children are accommodated on snoozas (fold-up matresses).
About The Grand Daddy
The Grand Daddy Hotel, located in the heart of Long street, with a spectacular view of Table Mountain, right on the doorstep of Cape Town’s playground. In a breath-taking fashion, this is where business & pleasure come together.
This iconic city centre hotel is all about originality, convenience & fun. The Grand Daddy has been operating for over 120 years and is a proudly South African hotel illustrating the amazing heritage of this country.
Daddy’s Rooms – Luxury, Superior & Standard Rooms
These rooms are chic, smooth and have a twist at the end, just like the Mother City herself. The luxury rooms can accommodate families with children, whilst the superior rooms are subtle, stylish and shimmering making it perfect for two people who want to share the experience of the Grand Daddy Hotel. The standard rooms have windows onto the inner courtyard & have no windows facing outwards onto the road.
Beach House Interiors are the masterminds behind the internationally recognised hotel as each room is peppered with clever local touches and boast tasteful décor.
Each luxury & superior room boasts a king-sized bed which can be converted into twins with snug blankets adding texture to the cool cotton linen, making the rooms ready for any surprises the Cape storms might have in store.
The Grand Daddy Suite
This suite is your getaway from the world and the perfect space to indulge. This 60 square meter suite boasts a king-sized bed which is comprised of two three-quarter mattresses. It can also be converted into a twin suite with two single beds. With an outside garden patio, separate lounge and marble bathrooms this suite is the epitome of luxury. The living room allows for the option of two children sharing on a pull-out sofa or sleeper couch.
The Sugar Daddy Suite
This room is your private corner of luxury with a king-sized bed which can be converted into two single beds for a twin room option. The room has an open-plan lounge area, marble bathrooms, private Juliet balconies which overlook the famous Long Street. This all comes together to give you all the comfort one could ask for.
Rooftop Trailer Park Experience
There’s nothing ordinary about a rooftop trailer park in the middle of the city, but then again, there’s nothing ordinary about the Grand Daddy.
The vintage elevator of the Grand Daddy Hotel leads to the ultimate rooftop destination where one can soak up the alluring outline of the Table Mountain as reflected in the polished aluminium trailers.
There are seven authentic Airstream trailers that all boast their own individual décor theme & collectively reflect a “South African road trip”. By drawing inspiration from in and around Mzansi, these trailers give guests a chance to experience various parts of the country in a unique and different way.
Each Airstream trailer features:
- A queen-size bed
- Wet room with a shower & WC
- Bar fridge
Grand Daddy Hotel has recently welcomed a new delectable addition – Trailer 38 Sandwich Cafe.
Located on the ground floor of the hotel, the latest addition to Cape Town’s gastronomy scene offers mouth-watering on-the-go gourmet sandwiches and a simple breakfast menu, that will tickle your taste buds and put you on a culinary rocket, ensuring that you satisfy that “mealtime hanger” we’ve all experienced.
They have a range of sandwiches to choose from, including an “eggcellent sandwich” for those days you’re looking for something basic, but with a splash of elegance (hello truffle mayo!) Craving something a bit meatier? Trailer 38’s Roast Beef with honey and mustard dip will satisfy any meat craving, and quell that hungry feeling too.
Pair your sandwich with one of their many drinks. Perhaps a strong Americano for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up or choose from a selection of one of their craft beers for a later afternoon with your pals. Their prices are reasonable too, with prices starting at R45 for a sandwich that’s out of this world!
Bars at Grand Daddy
Daddy Cool Bar
This bar is fit for a king & queen as it is complete with white leather, shiny surfaces, bling and quirky golden treasures, the Daddy Cool Bar is a scene of sparkling celebration. The corridor to Daddy Cool is flanked by digital art and a photographic gallery, in which Cape Town’s top contributors showcase the beauty and culture of Africa’s creative mecca.
The Daddy Cool Bar area boasts a full bar set-up, plasma screens, main lounge area and a separate area more commonly known as The Versace Lounge, which can be used on its own, or as a VIP area.
The Daddy Cool bar is currently only available for exclusive functions and private parties.
The sky bar is perfectly positioned on a rooftop in the Mother City and surrounded by Seven vintage Airstream trailers. Perched in this surreal playscape, your effervescent, thirst-quenching champagne, cocktails or cold beers will be served while you’re surrounded by Cape Town’s skyline. The Sky Bar is open daily from noon to 8.30pm. Please note, it is a weather-dependent venue so please call in advance to make sure that it is open.
Located on the hotel’s 1st floor, The Venue features an enclosed balcony with the best Long Street views. the mirrored mosaic bar & flexible furnishings making this area a blank canvas for exclusive cocktail parties, private dinners, presentations, corporate meetings, product launches & exhibitions.
On the first Thursday of every month, it’s customary to explore art galleries & cultural attractions in selected central Cape Town locations of which The Grand Daddy has become a part of this. The Grand Daddy is home a revolving art exhibition featuring works from:
- Fine artists
- Fashion & graphic designers
About Cape Town
Cape Town is a port city on South Africa’s southwest coast, on a peninsula beneath the imposing Table Mountain. Slowly rotating cable cars climb to the mountain’s flat top, from which there are sweeping views of the city, the busy harbor and boats heading for Robben Island, the notorious prison that once held Nelson Mandela, which is now a living museum.
A stay at the Grand Daddy Hotel puts you right in the heart of the Mother City. It’s the perfect starting point for exploring Cape Town’s many nearby attractions, either on foot or within a short drive.
Nearby attractions include :
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- Robben Island
- Table Mountain
- Art galleries
- Nature and nearby parks
- Iziko Museum
- 2 on site Bars
- Rooftop Cinema
- Onsite Restaurant
Directions from Cape Town International Airport
- Take the Exit from the airport to Cape Town along the N2.
- Proceed along the N2 for about 15 minutes
- This will take you to the Strand Street Turn off.
- Proceed on Strand Street passing 5 traffic lights of which the 6th traffic light will be Long Street.
- Turn Left into Long Street and on the 2nd Block you will find the Grand Daddy Hotel.
- It will be on your right hand side, Corner of Castle and Long Street.