- Tintswalo at Lapalala is a family-friendly camp, offering seven luxury tented suites with private plunge pools, including two 2-bedroom family suites, all with views overlooking the rolling mountains and plains of the malaria-free Waterberg region.
- A 44 500 hectare home to a plethora of wild game, The Lapalala Wilderness Reserve was founded in 1981 by conservation leaders, Dale Parker and Clive Walker, just 3.5 hours’ drive from Johannesburg.
- A luxury family lodge in the magnificent Lapalala Wilderness in Waterberg offering Big Five game viewing with family-friendly activities for the whole family.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolMain Lodge Pool & Private Plunge Pools In All Tents
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
- WI-FIMain Area Only
- Back-up PowerOff The Grid
LocationLapalala Wilderness Reserve, Waterberg Region
3.5 hours drive from Johannesburg
4 x Luxury Tents including 2 interleading tents
2 x Superior Luxury Tents
1 x Superior Luxury Suite (suitable for families)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TINTSWALO AT LAPALALA WILDERNESS WILL BE OPERATING PRIVATELY AS A NON-COMMERCIAL CAMP FROM 04 JANUARY 2024 ONWARDS.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are only valid for SA Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- No private vehicles are allowed inside the reserve, this helps minimize human impact. Kindly note that our transfer departure times from Lapalala Reserve East Gate to Tintswalo are set as follows:
- Check-in guest(s) to arrive at the gate between 12h30 and 13h00
- Check-out guest(s) to depart the lodge at 11h00 for the transfer to the gate.
- Late arrivals or early departures or any other transfers between the gate and the lodge outside of these times can be pre-arranged on request at a cost of R500 per vehicle, subject to change. Please contact reservations well in advance to make these arrangements.
- Conservation levy of R 300 per person per stay. To be settled at the lodge direct and subject to change.
- There will be a single supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Tintswalo at Lapalala Wilderness.
- Children under 16 years must share with an adult 16 years or older.
- Children between 6 and 15 years are charged 50% of the adult rate per child per night.
- No charge for children 5 years and younger.
- No extra beds.
- Childminding services are available and must be booked in advance at an additional charge of R 150.00 per hour, maximum 2 chidden per child minder. (Subject to change)
- Children under 6 years of age are not permitted on game drives.
- Families with children under the age of 6 years need to book a private safari vehicle, at an additional cost.
About Tintswalo at Lapalala Wilderness
- Get on the R21 from exit 46 Take N1 to R33 in Limpopo.
- Take the R33 exit from the N1 & Continue on the R33 to your destination, Lapalala Wilderness, Melkrivier Rd, Vaalwater 0530