- Tintswalo at Lapalala is a family-friendly camp, offering seven luxury tented suites with private plunge pools, including two 2-bedroom family suites, all with views overlooking the rolling mountains and plains of the malaria-free Waterberg region.
- A 44 500 hectare home to a plethora of wild game, The Lapalala Wilderness Reserve was founded in 1981 by conservation leaders, Dale Parker and Clive Walker, just 3.5 hours’ drive from Johannesburg.
- A luxury family lodge in the magnificent Lapalala Wilderness in Waterberg offering Big Five game viewing with family-friendly activities for the whole family.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolMain lodge pool & private plunge pools in all tents
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
- WI-FIMain area only
LocationLapalala Wilderness Reserve, Waterberg Region
3.5 hours drive from Johannesburg
4 x Luxury Tents including 2 interleading tents
2 x Superior Luxury Tents
1 x Superior Luxury Suite (suitable for families)
Rates & Special Offers
Getting live rates...
Deals By Date
Getting live rates...
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
Terms & Conditons
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are only valid for SA Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- No private vehicles are allowed inside the reserve, this helps minimize human impact. Kindly note that our transfer departure times from Lapalala Reserve East Gate to Tintswalo are set as follows:
- Check-in guest(s) to arrive at the gate between 12h30 and 13h00
- Check-out guest(s) to depart the lodge at 11h00 for the transfer to the gate.
- Late arrivals or early departures or any other transfers between the gate and the lodge outside of these times can be pre-arranged on request at a cost of R500 per vehicle, subject to change. Please contact reservations well in advance to make these arrangements.
- Conservation levy of R 300 per person per stay. To be settled at the lodge direct and subject to change.
Single Accommodation Policy
- There will be a single supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation in a Luxury Tent.
- Children of all ages are welcome. Child rates are available on request.
- Children under 16 years must share with an adult 16 years or older.
- Children between 6 and 15 years are charged 50% of Luxury Tent rate.
- No charge for children 5 years and younger.
- No extra beds.
- Childminding services are available and must be booked in advance at an additional charge of R 150.00 per hour, maximum 2 chidden per child minder. (Subject to change)
Game Drive Policy For Children
- Children under 6 years of age are not permitted on game drives.
- Families with children under the age of 6 need to book a private safari vehicle, at an additional cost.
About Tintswalo at Lapalala Wilderness
ABOUT TINTSWALO AT LAPALALA WILDERNESS
Tintswalo at Lapalala Wilderness is the epitome of luxury as each suite boasts a private plunge pool where guests can take a few moments to indulge. The decoration and names of each tent has been carefully designed to keep with tradition by being appointed after Africa’s iconic tribes, paying tribute to the early inhabitants of the continent and those that roamed the land long ago.
Sharing the reserve with only one other commercial lodge, guests are encouraged to take part in environmental activities of the Lapalala Wilderness by visiting the breeding projects, participating in the school program, visiting the nearby Rhino Museum, or by enjoying peaceful hours of fishing on one of the reserve’s many rivulets and deep, still pools.
Tintswalo at Lapalala is a family-friendly camp with seven luxury tented suites boasting private plunge pools and including a 2-bedroom family suite. Each of these suites overlook the rolling mountains of Waterberg region. Tintswalo at Lapalala is an untouched bushveld paradise in the heart of Africa, accommodating up to 16 adults and 4 children.
Cuisine is taken to a new level at this lodge with mouth watering dishes that are served on the verandas overlooking the waterhole or beneath the stars in the boma. It is the perfect opportunity to bond with family & friends.
With two safari activities per day guests are treated to an exhilarating experience with more than twenty antelope species in the reserve. One can also spot some Sable, Impala, Eland and kudu, as well as tall elegant Giraffes, herds of Zebra and Wildebeest. Enjoy sightings of Buffalo and plenty of Warthogs trotting through the veld with their tails smartly pointing to the skies.
Leopards have been seen, although you are more likely to encounter members of the smaller cat species such as genets and Serval. And as for the birdlife, the Lapalala bird list now has more than 290 species on it.
• En-suite bathroom
• Private plunge pools
• Outdoor baths and showers
• Mini bar
• Coffee & tea station
Directions from OR Tambo International Airport:
- Get on the R21 from exit 46 Take N1 to R33 in Limpopo.
- Take the R33 exit from the N1 & Continue on the R33 to your destination, Lapalala Wilderness, Melkrivier Rd, Vaalwater 0530