- Sabi Sand Based
- Luxury Tented Camp
- All tents air conditioned
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyChildren 5 years and older are welcome
- PoolYes - At Main Lodge Area
- Cellphone SignalYes - In Certain Areas
- Malaria AreaYes
- WI-FIYes- In Certain Areas Of The Camp
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationSouthern Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Approximately 7 hours drive from Johannesburg.
Guests are able to fly into Skukuza, Nelspruit or Hoedspruit. Skukuza is the closest airport.
4 x Standard Tents (2 people)
1 x Luxury Tent (2 adults ,1 child)
4 x Superior tents (each sleeps a max of 4 people)
1 x Honeymoon Tent (max 2 people)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates above are valid for SA Residents only. Discounted rates for Non-SA Residents are available on request.
- Sabie Game Reserve Conservation levy: R 400 per person per night, will be added to your invoice and this contribution goes towards conservation initiatives within the Sabie Game Reserve and surrounding areas. Subject to change without prior notice.
- Single rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- Children 5 years and older are welcome at Umkumbe Bush Lodge.
- Children 5 to 11 years will pay 50% of the rate when sharing with 2 adults.
- Children over 12 years are charged as adults.
- Children from the age of 5 years and older are allowed on game drives.
About Umkumbe Bush Lodge
Umkumbe is a beautifully designed bush lodge that offers accommodation for up to 12 guests in 6 tented style suites, 4 of which are standard, 1 luxury and 1 superior. Elevated on a wooden deck, each suite has its own private balcony and is fully equipped for a comfortable safari retreat.
4 x Standard tents
1 x Luxury
2 x Superior tents
Maroela is a family chalet and has a queen size double bed, twin beds and an en-suite bathroom with a shower and toilet. The chalet is two-roomed, with a dividing wall and suitable for parents with children under 16, or three adults.
Ghwarrie has one twin or king size double bed, ensuite toilet and adjoining outside shower. It sleeps a maximum of two guests.
Rooibos has one twin or king size double bed and an ensuite bathroom with a shower and toilet. It sleeps a maximum of two guests.
- Air conditioned
- Standing Fan
- En suite bathrooms
- Pool in main area
- Wifi available in main area
- Game Room
- Game drives
- Bush Walks
About Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Umkumbe Bush Lodge is located in the Sabi Game Reserve, considered by many to be the premier wildlife reserve in South Africa, and unfenced from the western boundary of the Kruger National Park. Located on the banks of the seasonal Sand River, Umkumbe Bush Lodge is perfectly situated in one of the best Big Five game viewing destinations in Africa.
From Gauteng to Umkumbe Bush Lodge by road approx. 480km’s.
Take the N12 or N4 highway to Witbank / eMalahleni
to Nelspruit via Schoemanskloof.
From Nelspruit / Mbombela turn left onto the R40 towards White River. From there follow signs to Hazyview and Kruger National Park. Proceed for 38km until you reach the Sabi Sand Game Reserve turn off to the left.
Look out for the Mala-Mala, Sabi-Sabi & Umkumbe signs. Proceed for 8km until you reach the Sabie Game Reserve entrance (left gate) at Shaws Gate. This is the reserve you need to enter to reach Umkumbe Bush Lodge.
Once through the gate turn slightly right and then left at the Lion Sands sign, proceed for 6km until you reach a 4way-crossing, turn left and proceed for 3km all the way parallel with the Eskom poles.
Check for the Umkumbe Bush Lodge turn off on the right. proceed for 600m, turn left and proceed towards the Bush Lodge’s entrance sliding to the left.