- Built in 1904, The Victoria Falls Hotel was the very first hotel to be built in Victoria Falls.
- The hotel exhudes original colonial Edwardian charm but recent refurbishments offer guests the modern comforts one would expect from a luxury hotel.
- Victoria Falls offers a myriad of activities suitable for young and old, adventurous or lethargic to enjoy. The Victoria Falls hotel is perfectly positioned within the town to enjoy Victoria Falls to the fullest.
- Big FiveNo
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPATreatment Room
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationVictoria Falls Town, Zimbabwe
Daily flights: Johannesburg to Victoria Falls or Livingstone on South African Airways, British Airways or Air Zimbabwe. Situated 20 mins drive from Victoria Falls Airport.
61 Standard rooms
49 Main Section Deluxe rooms
42 Stables Deluxe rooms
4 Honeymoon suites
6 Inter-Leading rooms
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
CUSTOM MADE PACKAGES TO SUITE YOUR REQUIREMENTS ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- All prices quoted are subject to change & increase.
- All Rates above exclude Visas, Park fees, Travel Insurance, All items of a personal nature and all items not listed above as included.
- Copies of valid passports needed to make reservation.
- Full payment required within 48 hours of making reservation.
- Please confirm that your passports are in order and that any visa requirements have been met.
- Please ensure that your passports are valid for at least 6 months from date of return to South Africa.
- It is also necessary to make sure that you have at least two blank pages in your passport that are side by side.
- Please note Zambia, Zimbabwe & Botswana are malaria areas. Please consult your doctor for the appropriate medication.
- All passengers must be covered by fully comprehensive travel insurance to include cancellation, default, baggage, emergency evacuation and medical for the duration of your trip.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Tourism Levy of USD 30 per person for Botswana, is to be paid upon arrival at port of entry, subject to change. Payment can be made through electronic machines, cash (US Dollars) or debit and credit cards. (USD cash is recommended).
- Please request a single package rate from your BushBreaks consultant.
- Children rates are only applicable and subject to availability of inter-leading rooms. Should inter-leading rooms not be available, full adult accommodation rates apply.
- Extra beds/mattresses for children cannot be placed in the same room with parents.
- Cots can be provided for infants and placed in same room as adults.
- Please request a child package rate from your BushBreaks consultant.
About Victoria Falls Hotel
The Victoria Falls Hotel, popularly known as “the grand old lady of the Falls”, is situated in the Victoria Falls National Park, a world heritage site, and is a member of the exclusive Leading Hotels of the World group. It is one of only three 1S0-accredited hotels in Zimbabwe.
The Edwardian-style five-star hotel, built in 1904, was recently redecorated and refurbished and now combines the charm of the old with the convenience of the new. Set in lush tropical gardens with lily ponds, palm trees and semi-tropical shrubs, it provides the tranquility and seclusion that many guests seek. The famous Victoria Falls are just a ten-minute walk away using the hotel’s private pathway, and “the smoke that thunders” or “Mosi-O-Tunya” in the local dialect, is clearly audible and visible from this luxurious landmark.
World-class service, and food and beverage choice and preparation second to none, make the hotel a magnet for international visitors and locals alike. The opulent Livingstone Room for fine dining and dancing, the Jungle Junction with its famous breakfast and dinner buffets and ethnic entertainment in the evenings, offer variety and wide choice. Stanley’s Terrace, with its clear view of the Victoria Falls Bridge, connecting Zimbabwe and Zambia, is renowned for its cocktails and afternoon teas. The Terrace has been a rendezvous for adventurers in Africa for over a century.
For guests who wish to take in some game viewing, game drives are done in a private reserve about 15kms from the hotel . A sunset cruise on the mighty Zambezi River, just upstream from the magnificent falls, is another must for the visitor and will be arranged by hotel staff.
But it is the Victoria Falls Hotel that remains the major attraction for visitors. Waking up to the sound of “the smoke that thunders”, seeing the sun rise beneath the mist of one of the seven natural wonders of the world is more than unforgettable – it is unique.
ABOUT VICTORIA FALLS
Zimbabwe’s most renowned tourist attraction and one of the most astonishing natural world wonders, Victoria Falls is an unsurpassed African destination for adventure, leisure and business. The hub of a great regional wildlife region, Victoria Falls is located centrally at the point where Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana and Namibia meet and makes regional get-togethers a breeze.
A 1,7km stretch of thunderous water tumbling over a sheer basalt cliff-face, Victoria Falls is one of the seven natural wonders of the world, and rates high on the list of ‘must experience’ destinations among travelers the world over. A friendly, bustling resort town just a few minutes from the Falls and the legendary Zambezi river, Victoria Falls is also an acclaimed World Heritage Site. Besides it natural beauty and the sheer marvel of its cascading thunderous sheets of water, it’s the unchallenged adventure capital of Africa with more than 50 activities available – and the list is growing.
There is something for everyone. Adrenalin junkies favour the famous 111m bunji-jump, wild white-water rafting and high wire swings across the vast gorge, while those preferring quieter pursuits can enjoy river cruises, scenic flights over the Falls, elephant-back trails, golf and a plethora of other air, land and water activities.
Victoria Falls is also famed for its range of safari activities – walks with lions, elephant interactions, day and nocturnal game drives, bush walks, canoeing and even aerial safaris!
The highest falls water levels are February – through to April. During this period, the spray is heavy, so prepare for a drenching – part of the total Falls experience! Raincoats and umbrellas are available. In the drier months, river levels fall, allowing for an appreciation of the cavernous Batoka Gorge and spectacular photographic opportunities. We advise you to try out the Falls in different seasons
- Sundowner cruise
- Flight of Angels (helicopter flight over The Victoria Falls (6-Seater)
- Bungee Jumping
- Lion walk
- Elephant Back Safaris
- Day and night game drive
- Game walk
- Full day game drives at Hwange
- Tour of the Victoria Falls
- Victoria Falls Steam Safari Express
- Horse Trails
- Casino available at The Kingdom at Victoria Falls only 500m away
- Golf – 18-hole Championship course at The Elephant Hills Resort about 5km away