- Game viewing at Vumbura is enjoyed on both land and water year-round.
- The habitat mix means just about every species found in the Okavango can be seen.
- Excellent predator sightings, from lion to wild dog.
LocationNorthern Okavango Delta in a private concession bordering the Moremi Wildlife Reserve
To/from Maun: 38 minutes To/from Kasane.
1 hr 15 minutes Kasane to Victoria Falls.
(Allow additional time for customs and immigration)
Vumbura Plains South
6 x Twin bedded tents
1 x Honeymoon tent
1 x Twin guide room (not same standard as guest room)nnVumbura Plains Northnn
4 x Twin bedded tents
1 x Honeymoon tent
2 x Family tents ? accommodates four guests
1 x Twin guide room (not same standard as guest room)nn6 of the twin beds at both Vumbura Plains North and South can be converted into king size beds on request.
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED RATES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Tourism Levy of USD 30 per person for Botswana, is to be paid upon arrival at port of entry. Payment can be made through electronic machines, cash (US Dollars) or debit and credit cards. (USD cash is recommended)
- Please request a child package rate from your BushBreaks consultant.
About Vumbura Plains Camp
Vumbura Plains Camp lies in the extreme north of the Okavango Delta, on the edge of a large floodplain where lechwe often splash their way charmingly through the water. Vumbura Plains Camp encompasses such a wide variety of habitats and species, that guests can see just about every animal that occurs in the Okavango Delta biome.
SUGGESTED DAILY ACTIVITY SCHEDULE
Below is only a suggestion as to what a day may entail as daily wildlife sightings tend to dictate the schedule
05h00/06h00 – Wake up call. Light continental breakfast consisting of cereals, tea/coffee/juices and pastries to be served in the dining area
05h30/06h30 – Depart on morning activity, returning to camp at approximately 10h00
10h00/11h00 – Brunch consisting of a selection of breakfast and lunch dishes. From now until afternoon tea, guests are at leisure
16h00/15h00 – Afternoon tea will be served – this will consist of a selection of sweet and savoury snacks
16h30/15h30 – Depart on afternoon game viewing activity – drinks and snacks will be served for sundowners during the course of the activity
19h30/19h00 – Return to camp (could be later if good game sightings)
20h00/19h30 – Pre-dinner drinks and snacks will be served at the pub
20h30/20h00 – Three course plated/served dinner
21h30/21h00 – Coffee and liqueurs around the campfire
Elephant are found all year round, but peak roughly from May till late Oct. Lion are seen regularly and it is a good area for Leopard and Wild Dogs. Plains game is good year round but peaks in the dry months. Excellent birding especially Carmine Bee-Eaters in summer.
ELECTRICITY & WATER
Camp has 220v generator powered electricity 220v plugs available in each tent for guests to charge batteries and for the use of sleep apnoea machines. Hence bring spare battery, charging unit and adaptors|Geyser heated water|Multi-national adaptors in each tent
Laundry is done on a daily basis on request – payment direct unless specified.