- Exceptional wildlife experience in close proximity to Kruger National Park.
- Waterhole frontage view.
- Value for money African Safari Experience in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedPartially fenced
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years
- PoolMain Lodge Pool & Luxury rooms have private plunge pools
- SPATreatment Room
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationSabi Sand Game Reserve
7 hours drive from Johannesburg
3 hours drive from Nelspruit
1.5 hours drive from Hoedspruit
Daily flights into Eastgate Airport with SA Express or into Nelspruit with SA Airlink.
There are thirteen Suites, nine of which face the (now-dry) waterhole* in front of the lodge, and four of which are remotely located within the bush a short distance from the lodge./n/nEach of the four remote Suites have a plunge pool.
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Prices are valid for SA Residents only. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Sabi Sand Gate entrance fee of R 310 per light vehicle / R 540 per heavy vehicle and R 140 per person applies, payable directly at the Gate. (Subject to change)
- A Conservation Contribution Fee will apply to each guest booked into any lodge within the Sabi Sand Reserve:
- R 151.80 per person per night, which will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- Please request single accommodation rates from your BushBreaks consultant.
- Children of 12 years and over are welcome at Arathusa Safari Lodge.
- Children 12 years and older will pay the full adult rate.
About Arathusa Safari Lodge
Situated in a prime location in the gorgeous Sabi Sand Reserve, adjacent to the famed Kruger National Park, the enchanting Arathusa Safari Lodge offers visitors a piece of paradise. The name of the lodge comes from the North Sotho word “reathusa”, meaning “we are helping”. Home to an assortment of wildlife that includes the “Big Five”, this pristine wilderness sanctuary is a sough-after destination for those looking to experience a true taste of the African bush. The nine thatched-roof standard rooms, together with four luxury suites, form the warm, comfortable and intimate camp that is built on the banks of a large watering hole. The rooms have classic interiors and use only natural fabrics, making them the perfect combination of simplicity and understated elegance.
The position of the camp makes for interesting game and bird viewing, and provides the perfect opportunity for nature enthusiasts to get up close and personal with the beautiful surrounds. Guests need never actually leave the intimate camp to catch a glimpse of the animals that roam the well-preserved landscape. Open air game drives are available daily though for those times when guests wish to venture out. Close encounters are almost always guaranteed but for the closest of encounters, bush walks can be arranged. All bush explorations are led by experienced guides who ensure your safety and are happy to share their deep knowledge of the wilderness with their groups. In between revelling in the beauty of the space, guests can indulge in a rejuvenating spa treatment courtesy of the Arathusa Safari Spa. The lodge offers affordability, warm hospitality and comfort for those wishing to have an authentic African safari experience. Its open and airy layout along with its use of natural materials, allow it to blend harmoniously with the bush. Arathusa Safari Lodge promises an incredible wilderness adventure, amazing photographic opportunities and an all-round authentic African bush experience.
- 9 luxury water-facing rooms within Arathusa’s main lodge perimeter.
- Each room has a bathroom en-suite
- Private outdoor shower
- Private verandahs overlooking the waterhole
- 4 luxury bush-facing rooms which are remotely located away from the lodge and affords guests with the advantage of privacy within the untamed wilderness.
- Each room has its own plunge pool
- Lounge area within the extensive open plan unit
- Indoor and outdoor shower.
About Sabi Sand Game Reserve
This reserve shares 50km of unfenced boundary with Kruger National Park and animals are at liberty to go wherever they wish – but they tend to stay right where they are! This is because the Sand River and Sabi River supply much needed water in the dry season and create an eco-system with one of the highest and most bio-diverse wildlife populations in Southern Africa. This is the reason why it is quite possible to see the ‘Big Five’ (lion, leopard, rhinoceros, buffalo and elephant) as well as numerous other animals and birds in a couple of days, or even a couple of hours in Sabi Sand.
Waterhole/ Hide/ Riverfront Feature
Route via Nelspruit / White River / Hazyview / Bushbuckridge
From Johannesburg, take the N12 to Witbank, at Witbank the N4 through to Nelspruit.
Take the R40 from Nelspruit to White River and proceed to Hazyview.
Stay on the R40 towards Bushbuckridge.
From Hazyview it’s 62 km until you turn right towards Acornhoek (Manyeleti / Thulamahashe turn off)
Follow the tar road for 33km until you find Hluvukane Petrol Station on your right hand side
The tar road ends here & becomes gravel
After the petrol station, continue for 2km till the road splits – turn right. (You will see a brown Sabi Sand sign)
Take the first turn to your left (approximately 300m)
After +/- 5 km turn right (follow all Sabi Sand signs)
Follow through a few small towns until you find a T junction after another 6,5 km – turn left
You will reach the Gowrie Gate after 7 km. From the gate follow the Arathusa Safari Lodge signs to the lodge
The entrance fees into the Sabi Sabi Game Reserve by road are:
- 2017: A Sabi Sand Gate entrance fee of R 250 per vehicle and R 110 per person applies and is payable directly at the Gate. Subject to change.
- 2018: The Sabi Sand Gate entrance fee will increase to R 280 per light vehicle / R 490 per heavy vehicle and R 120 per person, payable directly at the Gate. Subject to change.
Route via Kruger Park
From Hazyview follow the signs to Kruger Gate
Travel to Skukuza and follow the signs to Tshokwane, Satara and then Orpen Gate.
From Orpen gate it will take you +- 1.5 hours to Arathusa
Follow the Map from the Orpen gate towards the African Wildlife College and be careful not to miss the turn-off
Entrance to Arathusa is via the Gowrie Gate
If travelling via Kruger National Park it will take at least 6 hours due to the speed limit (40kms) within the park