- Becks Safari Lodge, located in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve with close access to the Greater Kruger National Park combines luxe living and innovative design with a deep appreciation for the South African bushveld.
- Setting this new intimate and exclusive safari lodge aside is its owners’ strong philosophies on community development and environmental sustainability, paired with a passionate and dedicated team of staff.
- Each luxury suite boasts views of either the Makhutswi River or a popular waterhole, providing excellent game viewing opportunities.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings Only)
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- SPAFull Spa
- Malaria AreaYes
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationKarongwe Private Game Reserve
5 hour drive from Johannesburg.
Scheduled daily flights from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit Airport, Transfers from Hoedspruit Airport to the Lodge
11 x Deluxe SafariSuites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are only valid for SA Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Reserve Fees apply:
- R 210 (2023) / R 220 (2024) per person per night, subject to change. (Applies to all guests: children and adults)
- There will be a single supplement of 40% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- No children under the age of 12 years old are allowed at the lodge.
- Children 12 years and older pay the full adult rate.
- Children 12 years and older are permitted on game drives at the discretion of management.
- LITTLE PAW CENTRE: Is aimed at children 3 -11 years, however, older children and parents are welcome to partake. The Little Paws Programme is full of fun interactive activities.
- TRACKER 101 (Done by rangers and trackers): A mini tracker course – culminating in a TRACKER 101 certificate.This will involve a few hours whereby the kids are taught by a tracker to identify spoors, to know a few basic tree types and their uses. Interesting elements to be included are the use of poly-filler/ clay in the tracks to make casts of animal footprints, learning about termite mounds, and other interesting bush knowledge and games.
About Becks Safari Lodge
Becks Safari Lodge, combines luxury safari living and innovative design with a deep appreciation for the South African bushveld. This new, intimate and exclusive safari lodge embraces is its owners’ strong philosophies on community development and environmental sustainability, paired with a passionate and dedicated team of staff.
With the capacity to accommodate only 22 guests in eleven luxury safari suites, each unit boasts views of either the Makhutswi River or a popular waterhole, providing excellent big 5 game viewing possibilities. Relaxation and rejuvenation are promoted with a calming colour palette of silver, charcoal and elephant-grey, full amenities and memorable safari experiences.
Each luxury air-conditioned suite is fitted with its own deck, spacious interiors and a high-impact design scheme aimed to bring the outside bush life within. Interesting material combinations of locally-sourced wood and steel connect with an unparalleled backdrop while contemporary, intrepid visuals elevate the elegant atmosphere. Made of brick, metal and canvas, these unique suites designed with tin roofs awaken the senses by incorporating the outside sounds of the Karongwe Game Reserve bush.
Becks’ main building on the other hand is a light and airy space overlooking the river bed and flood plains beyond. Ideal for interacting with fellow guests, it incorporates an impressive deck with excellent views of the surrounding Karongwe Private Game Reserve. A 20-meter infinity pool helps to combat the warm summers, while an inside fireplace creates a cosy atmosphere for cooler evenings. And for group travellers and families, the outside fire boma pit provides an idyllic, distinctive way to wind-down the day.
- Mini Bar in room stocked with Mineral Water.
- Coffee/Tea Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Air conditioners
- Mosquito Nets
- All rooms inside showers and bath as well as outside shower
About Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Traversing over the 9000 hectares of supreme African bushveld, the Karongwe Reserve is home to the Big Five (Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant) as well as a wealth of other creatures. Our open vehicle game drives are perfect for game viewing. Enjoy a sundowner while the sun sets over the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains.
The magnificent game viewing makes for perfect photographic opportunities; enjoy the view of the Lowveld from a “kopje” amid the lush vegetation, huge variety of trees and over 365 different bird species. Game drives are conducted with our qualified game rangers and Shangaan trackers – who will share their vast experience of the African Bush and a chance to view Cheetah on foot.
Karongwe Private Game Reserve, overlooking the majestic Drakensberg mountain range in the Limpopo Province, is set apart from similar properties by the extraordinary lengths we are willing to go to in order to ensure that your stay with us is a memorable experience. It is our people that create the magic of Karongwe and our dedicated and professional team are with us not simply because they want to work on one of the best natural game reserves in the world, they are here because they genuinely care about their work and their environment – elements which they carry out with passion.
- THERA NAKA SPA AT BECKS SAFARI LODGE:Since the earliest time, Africa’s original inhabitants lived in harmony with nature. From heavenly aromas to herbal purity this unique body range is a mesmerising and innovative body and sense-soothing safari, replicating the earthy scents and the awe-inspiring wonder of this most profound continentSAFARI GAME DRIVES IN KARONGWE PRIVATE GAME RESERVE:Game drives are conducted in open safari vehicles with qualified and knowledgeable guides or go on foot for a bush walks and get close to the little 5 and feel the true
Take the N4 motorway towards Mbombela (Nelspruit), passing eMalahleni (Witbank) and Middleburg
Turn left into eMakhazeni (Belfast) Once in eMakhazeni,
follow the signs and turn right towards Dullstroom, passing through Mashishing (Lydenburg)
Continue on the R36 to Ohrigstad and the JG Strydom Tunnel
Approximately 10km after the tunnel, turn left onto the R36 Towards Tzaneen.
The Karongwe Game Reserve is situated on your right, with the lodges located as follows,Shiduli – 22km,
Kuname – 24km,
Karongwe River Lodge – 27km,
Chisomo Safari Lodge – 27km,
Becks Safari Lodge – 27kmDirections From Hoedspruit to Karongwe Private Game Reserve:
Head south on Argyle Road (650m) .Then turn left toward R527 (100m)
Turn right toward R527 (140m)
Turn right onto R527 (31,1km)
Turn right onto R36 (23,1km)
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults