- Situated in one of the world’s remaining rare sand forests.
- Floor to ceiling glass walls allow close-up views of small animals and birds.
- Seven habitats allow for much greater diversity in species and landscapes.
- Rates include Emergency medical evacuation insurance.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings Only)
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationPhinda Private Game Reserve, Kwazulu-Natal
6 hours by road from Johannesburg.
3 hours by road from Durban or 1.5 hours from Richards Bay.
Daily scheduled flights to Durban International and Richards Bay. SA Express and Federal Air offer daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg to Richards Bay, followed by a one and a half hour road transfer to the reserve.
16 Luxury Glass Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: &BEYOND PHINDA FOREST LODGE WILL BE CLOSED FOR REFURBISHMENTS FROM 01 MAY 2023 TO 30 NOVEMBER 2023. (Subject to change)
FLY ME TO PHINDA – MIN/MAX 3 NIGHT STAY PACKAGE OFFER!
Package includes: (subject to change without prior notice)
– Valid 11 January 2023 to 10 January 2024 –
- Stay for 3 nights in a Luxury Suite and receive a discount to fly there & back on Airlink flights OR return scheduled road transfers between King Shaka International Airport and Phinda.
- Flight Option:
R2 750 credit per one way flight towards any Airlink flight to and from Phinda.
- Road Transfer Option – (at scheduled transfer times):
Return scheduled road transfers between King Shaka International Airport/The Oyster Box Hotel/Beverley Hills Hotel & Hilton Hotel.
- Three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas & coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, safari activities, nature walks (subject to availability), emergency medical evacuation insurance.
- Airlink and Federal Air flights need to be booked through &Beyond (flight subject to availability)
- Offer only valid for full paying adult guests
- Offer may not be combined with other offers
- Offer does not apply to groups of 12 or more guests
- Minimum of 2 guests required
- Offer is not applicable to Cottages, Family Cottages, Family Suites and Phinda Homestead
- T’s & C’s apply
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency (SADC ID, work permit or endorsed passport) may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates are applicable to SA Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates include Emergency medical evacuation insurance.
- Rates exclude the Munyawana Conservation Fee of R 165 per person per night & a Bed Levy of R 6.30 per person per night. Subject to change and must be pre-paid upon booking.
- Landing fees for all private charter flights are available on request.
- Please enquire with your BushBreaks consultant for a single rate.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children aged 0 – 5 years free of charge if sharing with 2 full-paying adults.
- Children aged 6 – 16 years will receive a 50% discount if sharing with 2 full paying adults.
- Please note that the lodge can only accommodate 1 child in the room with the adults. Subject to availability of triple rooms.
- Only children 6 years and older will be allowed on game drives at Lodge Manager’s discretion.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted on the Nature Walks.
About &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge
Set deep in the heart of the rare Dry Sand Forest, the spectacular stilted suites of this award-winning safari lodge are an exemplary exercise in building eco-sensitive structures with a light footprint.
Wake up to the sight of graceful nyala and duiker browsing in the foliage of the Sand Forest right outside the glass walls of your private suite. Inventively designed in what is often called “Zulu-Zen”, each suite is a combination of glass, wood and minimalist design incorporating high-gloss wooden floors and crimson Zulu artefacts.
Delicious Pan-African cuisine is served to you on the deck overlooking the grassy plains or in the boma (outdoor dining area) illuminated by dozens of candles and lanterns. Enjoy adventurous breakfasts and romantic dinners in spectacular African safari locations.
- All suites with air-conditioning
- Private viewing decks
- Luxurious en suite bathrooms
About Phinda Private Game Reserve
This private game reserve was formed about 10 years ago along the borders of the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park – one of Africa’s most ecologically diverse regions. Farmland was restored back to its natural habitats and stocked with big game animals. Seven different eco systems exist on the reserve including forest and coastal, and its variety renders it perfect for an escape of luxury and adventure. Conservation Corporation Africa has built four private lodges in the reserve, each in its own environment with differing qualities.
This venture not only supports animals but also improves employment, education and health facilities in the local communities. You can catch a glimpse of Zulu life, past and present by visiting a traditional cultural village aligned to the Phinda reserve.
ANIMALS & ACTIVITIES
In addition to vehicle game viewing , you can also go rhino tracking on foot in this reserve. There is also the opportunity to watch turtles laying their eggs on a remote beach and to dive amongst them on the coral reefs. Hippos inhabit the ancient waterways. Please note that we will not canoe past hippos as it is too dangerous and will avoid them at all costs.
- Game drives
- Nature walks (Children under the age of 12 are not permitted)
- River boat cruises
- Coastal flights
- Scuba diving
- Deep-sea fishing
- Turtle viewing (season Nov/ Dec / Jan)
- Cultural visits
- Take the N12 to Witbank, after which the N4 towards Middleburg is taken.
- After the Middleburg Ultra City , take the N11 turnoff to Hendrina.
- Continue along the N11 from Hendrina to Ermelo.
- From Ermelo take the N2 to Piet Retief .
- Continue on the N2 passing through Pongola, and Mkuze
- Continue on the N2 passing through Pongola, and Mkuze until you reach Hluhluwe.
- Take the Hluhluwe off-ramp and follow the directions into town.
- Follow straight through town crossing 3 traffic circles.
- At the fourth circle at the bottom of town, turn left following the False Bay and Sodwana Bay signs. You will then turn right over a railway line.
- Continue along this road for approximately 40 km.
- At the Mduku crossing, take the D675 to your left – sign boarded to Phinda
- Continue for 5km before you reach a T junction and fence line. At this Junction take the D488 to the right and continue to the Phinda Gate which will be on your left (4km).
- There is a sign saying Mun-ya-wana Game Reserve at the gate with distances to lodges.
- Take the N2 Freeway northbound from Durban , toward Stanger, crossing over the Tugela River continuing towards Empangeni / Richards Bay .
- Staying on the N2, pass the towns of Kwambonambi and Mtubatuba, until you reach Hluhluwe. Take the “Hluhluwe” off-ramp, follow the directions into the town. Pass through Hluhluwe until you reach a stop-sign at a T-Junction.
- Take a turn to the left, following the False Bay and Sodwana Bay signboards. Cross over the railway line and continue along this road for approximately 30km.
- At the Mduku Crossing, take the D675 to your left – signboarded to Phinda
- Continue for 4km before you reach another T-junction and fence line. At this junction, take the D448 to the right and continue towards the Phinda Gate (4km)
- *There is a sign saying Mun-ya-wana Game Reserve at the gate with distances to lodges.