- The newly renovated &Beyond’s Sossusvlei Desert Lodge lies In the heart of the Malaria Free Namib Desert with private fly-in airstrip just a mere a 10-minute drive from lodge.
- 10 air-conditioned suites & 1 Star Dune Suite, all suites feature in-room fireplaces, WI-FI in suites, outdoor showers & star-viewing skylights
- Oasis swimming pool, curio store & Observatory with professional astronomer
- Children of all ages welcome, WILDChild Programme, Triple rooms available on request
- Desert Spa Treatment & Wellness room, Gym with desert views
- Safari Experiences such as Exceptional star-gazing; Mysterious fairy circles; Oryx, springbok, Hartmann’s zebra & bat-eared foxes
- Big FiveNo
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationNamibrand Nature Reserve, Namibia
Daily scheduled charter flights into Sossusvlei Desert Lodge’s private airstrip which is six minutes drive from the lodge. During rainy season (Nov-May) it is advisable to use a 4×4 vehicle on the routes from Windhoek (380kms) or Swakopmund (400kms).
10 Luxury Stone & Glass desert Villas
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency (SADC ID, work permit or endorsed passport) may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Rates quoted are in NAD Namibian Dollars (at time of going to print 1 NAD = 1 ZAR, subject to change).
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SADC Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Excursion in the NamibRand Nature Reserve which are included are subject to availability.
- Excursions to Sossusvlei via Sesriem Gate are an additional cost. These additional excursions into surrounding reserves are available at an extra charge.
- Conservancy & park entrance fees are not included in the above mentioned rates where applicable. These are charged per 24-hour period.
- Please request rates for single accommodation from your BushBreaks Travel Consultant.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children aged 0 – 5 years free of charge if sharing with 1 or 2 full-paying adults.
- Children aged 6 – 16 years will receive a 50% discount if sharing with 1 or 2 adults.
- Please note that the lodge can only accommodate 1 child in the room with the adults. Subject to availability of triple rooms.
- Childminders are available at an additional charge of NAD 60 per hour. To be booked on the day of arrival and payable at the lodge direct. (Subject to change)
- Children aged 6 – 12 years are permitted on nature drives at Lodge Manager’s discretion.
- Children under 12 years are not permitted on nature walks.
About &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
Sossusvlei Desert Lodge is renowned for its desert experience with luxurious accommodation overlooking the stark yet beautiful Namib Desert. Each air conditioned suite is furnished to complement the majestic hues of the oldest desert in the world. Boasting a private veranda, split level sitting area with fireplace., star-viewing window above the bed, en-suite glass encased bathroom with shower and an outdoor shower. The guest area, where walls have become windows that fold away completely, boasts unimpeded desert vistas. A fine selection of wines from an impressive walk-in wine cellar complement delicious Pan African meals. Guests can escape the desert heat with a revitalizing midday dip in the pool fed by water from an underground spring. At sunset, animals are drawn to a nearby waterhole, enhancing desert sundowner drinks.
- Air conditioning
- Split level bedroom & living room
- Private veranda
- En-suite glass encased bathroom & indoor shower (no bath)
- Outdoor shower
- In room massage
- Personal bar
- Discreet CD system with selection of music
- Spotting scope for magnificent star and game spotting
One of the oldest, driest and most pristine areas on Earth, the Namib Desert is a world of vast spaces, endless horizons, dramatic desertscapes and jagged mountain heights. The largest private nature reserve in Southern Africa, the NamibRand Nature Reserve spans 180 000 hectares (445 000 acres) of this unspoiled desert wilderness. The spectacular dunes at Sossusvlei are among the highest in the world. The fascinating desert-adapted wildlife, combined with the endless space, utter tranquility and extraordinary light, make this one of Africa’s most compelling wilderness regions.
- Scenic drives in open 4×4 on NamibRand Reserve
- Closed air conditioned vehicle excursions to Sossusvlei and Sesriem Canyon
- Star gazing from the lodge’s sophisticated observatory
- Guided four-wheel motorbike (ATV) excursions into the dunes (Children aged 16 and older)
- Guided nature walks and hiking trails
- Hot air ballooning (additional cost)