- Positioned on the banks of the White IMolozi River
- Newly renovated lodge with spectacular views
- 16 000 ha of wilderness area
- Fences have been dropped between this community land and Hluhlue Imfolozi Park enabling the wild life to roam freely
- Community land & community staff run.
- Cultural History
- Off the grid.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyChildren under 13 years are not permitted
- PoolYes And Private Plunge Pool
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Wheelchair FriendlyPartially
- Back-up PowerOff The Grid
LocationmFulaWazi Wilderness, KwaZulu Natal
2.5 hours from Durban
Closest airport: Richards Bay
10 x Luxury Suites with private plunge pools
2 x Luxury Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude a Conservation Fee of R 300 per person per night which needs to be paid directly at the lodge at the time of check out. Subject to change without prior notice.
- Single accommodation rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- Regretfully children under 13 years are not permitted at Biyela Lodge.
- Children 13 years and older will be charged the full adult sharing rate and will be accommodated in there own room.
About Biyela Lodge, mFulaWozi Wilderness
Nestled on the embankment of the White iMfolozi River, Mthembu Lodge offers each of its seven private suites and two-family units unprecedented views of the pristine wilderness.
It is here at Biyela, that you can experience the wildlife up-close from the tranquility of your suite’s private deck.
Luxury Suite: luxury suite with Emperor bed, an en-suite bathroom with a shower, bath and separate toilet. There is an outside shower, plunge pool and seating on the deck. The main room also has a seating area, desk and mini bar.
Luxury Suite: is a luxury suite with Emperor bed, an en-suite bathroom with a shower, bath and separate toilet. There is an outside shower, day bed and seating on the deck. The main room has a seating area, desk and mini bar.
- Viewing deck
- Inside & Outdoor showers
- Emperor beds
- Mini Bar
- Tea/coffee station
- Plunge pool
- Overlooking the white Imfolozi River
- Delectable cuisine
- Modern design & interiors
- Spa available
- Game Drives
- Wilderness Trails
- Spa Treatments
About Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park
- Set on 16 000 ha of tribal land, bordering the southern Section of Hluhlue Imfolozi Park.
- Fences dropped allowing game to roam freely, out of the wilderness area and into mFulaWozi.
Directions from Durban
- N2 Northbound.
- Take exit 327 (Empangeni/Richards Bay turn off), turn left at the first set of traffic lights heading towards Empangeni on the R34.
- Drive straight through central Empangeni town.
- At the last set of traffic lights exiting Empangeni, you will continue straight for 20km.
- Take the next right turn (very sharp entry), after passing Jabulani Craft Centre which is on your right. There are signboards for Thula Thula at this turn.
- Continue on this road for approximately 14 kms until you reach a T-Junction. Please beware of potholes and free roaming cattle on these roads.
- Turn right at this T-Junction and travel for about 4km.
- At the next T-Junction, you will see the mFulaWozi signs to turn Left.
- Turn left here, following the mFulaWozi sign. Continue on this road for around 30kms. It is all tarred.
- You will then come up to the mFulaWozi sign and main gate entrance on your right.
- It is recommended that you to arrive at 1 p.m. This is to allow for the 40 minute transfer from the gate to the lodge for check-in at 2 p.m.
Should you need a later arrival, please advise the lodge manager.