Greater Kruger National Park
- Buhala Lodge offers luxury accommodation close to the Kruger National Park Malelane Gate, Crocodile Bridge and the exclusive Leopard Creek Country Club.
- Guests have the rare opportunity to play golf at the exclusive Leopard Creek Country Club. The golf course, usually reserved for members only, offers players a wildlife experience.
- Bush Walks & Game drive Safari’s in the Kruger National Park can be arranged and are done by our very experienced guide.
- Open deck Bush Spa with sweeping views over the Kruger National Park and the Crocodile River.
- Big FiveNo
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages are welcome
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationSouthern Banks of Crocodile River, Kruger National Park
4 hours (428 kms) drive from Johannesburg
45 minutes drive from Nelspruit Airport (KMIA Airport) and approximately one hour to the boarders of both Mozambique and Swaziland.
7 x Standard Rooms
5 x Kruger Park Balcony Rooms
4 x Kruger Park River Rooms
2 x Elephant Garden Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Please contact your Bushbreaks & More consultant to request special discounted rates for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Buhala Lodge.
Children 0 – 5 years are accommodated on a complimentary basis.
- Rates for children 6 – 14 years based on Bed & Breakfast only, are available on request, dependent on the child ages and availability of room types which accommodate children sharing with their parents.
About Buhala Lodge
Spacious en-suite double rooms with generous bathrooms and free standing showers. Each room is beautifully furnished and has tea/coffee making facilities and views over the gardens and mountains.
Kruger Park River Rooms
Large rooms each with beautiful views over the Kruger National Park and the Crocodile River. These rooms have large windows that opens up the rooms. The rooms consist of generous en-suite bathrooms and tea/coffee making facilities.
Kruger Park Balcony Rooms
Beautiful rooms each with its own private balcony which overlooks the Kruger National Park and the Crocodile River. Balconies are beautifully appointed with patio furniture ensuring rest and relaxation while admiring the view. Each room is en-suite and has tea/coffee making facilities.
Elephant Garden Suites
These two suites are situated at the bottom of the garden and share a splash pool. Each suite has a private outdoor sitting area from where the magnificent view of the Kruger National Park and the Crocodile River may be enjoyed. Each suite has large doors which open up the room and the suites each consist of generous bathrooms and even an additional outdoor shower for the adventurous types.
About the Lodge
Buhala Lodge is an enchanting lodge situated on the Southern Banks of the Crocodile River overlooking the Kruger National Park.It is owner–run offering personalized service and attention to guests.
This traditional thatched lodge is only 15 minutes from Leopard Creek Country Lodge and Malelane Gate entrance to the Kruger National Park,45 Minutes from Nelspruit Airport and approximately one hour from both Mozambique and Swaziland.
The Balcony rooms and Elephant Garden suites have amazing views over the Kruger National Park while the Standard rooms overlook the mountains and gardens. The Standard rooms however, do allow for very easy access to an outdoor veranda from where the great view of the Kruger National Park and the Crocodile River may be enjoyed.
A fully licenced restaurant and bar is situated at the main building. Buhala Lodge is well known for fine cuisine and our exceptional wine list showcasing only the finest South African wines. Meals are served either al fresco on our veranda, or in our gracious dining room and the whole ambience is one of casual elegance.
Buhala Lodge offers luxury accommodation close to the Kruger National Park Malelane Gate and also the exclusive Leopard Creek Country Club. The lodge is in close proximity to both Mozambique and Swaziland, and also the Crocodile Bridge Gate into the Kruger National Park.
It is an enchanting colonial style thatch roof lodge, situated on the Southern banks of the Crocodile River. The ample outdoor veranda space, provides all guests an opportunity to relax and dine outside while admiring gorgeous views of the Kruger National Park, and all the wild life splendour it has to offer. Members of the Big 5 are frequent visitors to our property along with many other species such as a variety of antelope.
Our guests have the rare opportunity to play golf at the exclusive Leopard Creek Country Club. The golf course, usually reserved for members only, offers players a wildlife experience while challenging their golfing skills on South Africa’s number one golf course.
Safari’s into the Kruger National Park are arranged and done by our very experienced guide. Early morning walks and even night drives can also be arranged as well as any and all transfers that might be needed.
Our open deck Bush Spa with sweeping views over the Kruger National Park and the Crocodile River, provide a variety of treatments for those who wish to relax after a long day.
- Air Conditioning
- The Elephant suites are separate from the main building with their own veranda, indoor and outdoor showers, as well as a bath in the bedroom
- En-suite bathrooms
- Tea and coffee making facilities
The Kruger National Park is the primary destination in South Africa for many international tourists. Each year more than half a million visitors are registered.
The National Park was opened in 1898 at the instigation of then-president Paul Kruger. After hunters had considerably decimated the originally rich game stock, all the land between the Sabie and the Crocodile Rivers was put under the protection of Nature Conservation to ensure the survival of the remaining animals. Only as recently as 1961 was the extended Kruger Park fenced in.
The park stretches from the Crocodile River in the south up to the Limpopo River , which is the international border in the north. Altogether it is 350 km long, 65 km wide and comprises an area of about 20,000 sq km.
A web of roads of 1863 kilometres leads through the National Park, 697 km of them being tarred. For the visitor there are numerous differently equipped rest camps, most of them scenically positioned. Within the park boundaries, travel is only allowed between sunrise and sunset. After dark one has to stay in one of the fenced restcamps.
The best time for observing the animals is the dry winter season. Then the grass is low and bushes and trees don’t have leaves, so that one can have an unobstructed view. Because it virtually doesn’t rain in winter, the animals come to the waterholes to drink in the mornings and evenings and can easily be watched from the comfort of your own private vehicle.
- Full day guided Safari’s in the Kruger National Park.
- (Children of all ages are welcome to go on a safari in the open safari vehicle. It is however recommended that families with children book private safaris. This gives the guide the opportunity to make it extra special for the children and to focus on your specific requirements. The duration of the safari can also be arranged as required. A normal full day safari is about 10 hours, which is usually too long for younger children)
- Night drives and morning walks in the Kruger National Park can be arranged.
- Pampering at the open deck spa overlooking the Crocodile River.
- Nearby attractions:- The Blyde River Canyon, God’s Window, Pilgrim’s Rest, Swaziland & Mozambique.
- Play golf at the exclusive Leopard Creek Country Club only 15 minutes from the lodge.