- The Ultimate African Safari – Camp Ndlovu is situated close to Gauteng in the Welgevonden Game Reserve, 35 000 hectares of exceptionally beautiful scenery amid river ravines and mountains in the Waterberg district of Limpopo province. The reserve is malaria free and home to Africa’s world famous Big 5.
- The suites are luxurious, elegant and generously proportioned – designed for the ultimate comfort and privacy boasting a large private deck and private plunge pool
- Lodge features such as big 5 safari game drives, luxury suite accommodation, fine dining, a quiet bush gym and spa treatments, the perfect safari retreat destination for some relaxation.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes - Elephant fence
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years
- PoolMain Lodge Pool & Private plunge pools in Suites
- Cellphone SignalNo - Complimentary WIFI
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationWelgevonden Game Reserve
2.5 hour drive from Johannesburg to the Main gate at Welgevonden Game Reserve
5 Luxury Suites – (Suites 1,2,3 & 5 have private plunge pools)
Suite 5 is a family suite which has suite 4 as an inter-leading suite for children
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL RATES LISTED ABOVE ARE VALID FOR SA RESIDENTS ONLY.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Pick up time at the Welgevonden Main Gate is between 12h30 and 13h00 on the day of arrival.
- Departure time from the camp to Welgevonden Main Gate is 10h30 on the day of departure.
- The lodge will close the camp on a basis of 6 guests for exclusive use, provided 2 consecutive nights are booked.
- Maximum number of 10 guests for exclusive use.
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- No children under 12 years.
- Children 12 – 18 years sharing with parents in family suite (inter-leading room) will receive a discount of 20% off the normal adult rates.
- Children above 12 years staying in their own suite will pay the normal adult per person per night sharing rates.
- Children under 12 years are only allowed by special arrangement. If the lodge is booked out for exclusive use – no arrangement required.
About Camp Ndlovu
Camp Ndlovu is so much more than a wilderness experience. Let the immaculate surroundings and opulent spaces put you at ease and delight you as we invite you to be our guest in every sense of the word.
The Ultimate African Safari. Camp Ndlovu is situated in the Welgevonden Game Reserve, a 35 000 hectare stretch of exceptionally beautiful scenery amid river ravines and mountains in the Waterberg district of Limpopo province.The Game Reserve is malaria free and home to Africa’s world famous Big 5.
The suites are luxurious, elegant and generously proportioned – designed for the ultimate comfort and privacy.
- Private plunge pool
- Nespresso Machine
- Complimentary pods
- Complimentary mini bar
- Fully air-conditioned
- Outdoor shower & bath
- Lounge with fireplace
- Wooden deck with pool lounge
- Dining area
About Welgevonden Game Reserve
The Welgevonden Gama Reserve bordering the Marakele National Park is situated approximately 250km north of Gauteng. The Game Reserve is quickly gaining popularity in the South African and International markets due to its outstanding topography, high quality private game lodges and exceptional game viewing.
Welgevonden was developed on the basis of a freehold title in 1993, with the reserve being divided into 500ha blocks that ware sold to private individuals, syndicates or corporates for the purpose of private or commercial ecotourism.
There are no internal fences, but an electrified perimeter fence restricts the movement of large mammal species, onto neighbouring properties, and a restocking exercise was undertaken shortly after the reserve was proclaimed. A good road network of 430 km of gravel roads exist on the Reserve, which is a mean feat on the rocky, mountainous terrain and sandy soils.
The reserve is situated on the Waterberg Plateau and comprises of mountainous terrain that is dissected by deep valleys and kloofs, with occasional old lands that have been allowed to regenerate since the reserves proclamation. Flat plateaus characterise most hilltops, and altitude varies from 1080 m above sea level at the main entrance gate in the north of the reserve to 1800 m above sea level in the southern section of the Reserve. The combination of the veld types of the sour Waterberg Mountains and the sweeter lowland bushveld types historically supported a wide diversity of mammal species, but by the end of the 19th century most of the large herbivore and carnivore species that were present in the area in historical times had been exterminated by uncontrolled hunting. Over the last 10 years, many of these species have been reintroduced back into the Welgevonden Game Reserve.
- Take the N1 north to Pietersburg / Polokwane
- At the Kraskop toll gate, keep left to Nylstroom / Marble Hall
- At the T-junction turn left towards Nylstroom / Modimolle and continue straight on for approximately 70km to Vaalwater / Mabatlane
- Continue through Vaalwater / Mabatlane on the Thabazimbi road for approximately 24km and turn left at the Welgevonden main gate. (Do not turn left at the south gate or East gates.)