- Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa known as one of the best family friendly resorts in Mauritius.
- Situated within close distance of the village of Grand Bay (5km).
- Set on a peninsula facing out onto the small islands of the north coast.
- A wide variety of land and water sports is on offer.
- A unique feature of the resort is its wellness centre built in the branches of a banyan tree where therapists soothe body and mind.
- Child PolicyAll Ages Welcome
- Pool2 Swimming Pools
- SPAFull Spa & Wellness Centre
- Cellphone SignalWiFi Hotspots
LocationNorth-west coast 75 km from the Airport 25 km from Port Louis 5 km from Grand Bay
Return flights ex/to Johannesburg and return transfers to/ex hotel
104 Standard Rooms ? sea or garden facing
112 Superior Rooms ? sea or garden facing
44 Family duplexes ? sea or garden facing
20 Garden facing apartments
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
PLEASE CONTACT BUSHBREAKS & MORE FOR A CUSTOM MADE PACKAGE TO SUITE YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Rates offered above are per person sharing. Please contact us for a single package price.
- Magical would accurately describe Le Canonnier’s kids club, which is possibly the most appealing in Mauritius. As a popular family resort in Mauritius, Le Canonnier has spared no effort to make sure kids have the time of their lives at the kids club.
- In keeping with its approach towards sustainable development, the resort has chosen to use the relic of an eighteenth-century lighthouse and turn it into a venue reserved for children aged 3 to 12. A few steps away is an ancient thatch-roofed powder magazine that children also put to good use when they play hide-and-seek.
About Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Furnished with warm tones, wood hues the colour of sunset, rustic thatch roofs and lush vegetation surrounding you wherever you are on the gorgeous grounds of this spectacular resort, Le Canonnier is its own category of paradise.
This hotel is on a prime Grand Bay property, perched on a peninsula with two beaches, each offering a different view. Woven into the legacy of the hotel is a little piece of Mauritius’ rich cultural history, blending old and new in innovative, creative ways: The old lighthouse now serves as a venue for the Mini-Club and the wellness centre has been built in the branches of an ancient Banyan tree.
Le Canonnier has always remained a favoured family hotel, with endless entertainment for adults and children alike. Its close proximity to Grand Bay gives you the option of retail therapy, while the hotel’s tree-top wellness centre, built in the branches of a centuries-old Banyan tree, has other therapies on offer to ease weary minds and bodies. Le Canonnier is a vibrant hotel. While it’s the resort of choice for the fun-loving fraternity, it’s been built with sheer relaxation in mind – the perfect balance for the ideal vacation.
Elegant simplicity best describes this hotel, which is designed to maximize the unbelievable views outside your window. Strategically designed lighting that coaxes you gently to unwind and relax. These are some of the signature features of Le Canonnier. Every room looks out onto the beauty of Mauritius, with either a sea view or a view of lush tropical gardens. Step inside a cleverly designed mix of island elements and modern style.
Standard Rooms: Garden-facing rooms each have a shower, basin and toilet while the sea-facing rooms have a bath, basin and toilet with a shower in the bath.
Superior Rooms: Garden or sea-facing, the newer ones have a separate shower while the original superior rooms have a shower in the bath.
Family Duplexes: Garden or sea-facing, these are split-level rooms that accommodate two adults and two children. The main room is downstairs and a staircase leads to the open-plan loft bedroom. These upper-floor units feature a bathroom with a bath, basin and toilet with a shower in the bath.
Garden-Facing Apartments: Each consists of two bedrooms with their own bathroom en suite and TV with separate channels. The main room opens on to a spacious terrace area.
Suites: Four luxury suites are located at the end of the northern wing
BARS & RESTAURANTS
Le Navigator. Sip a sundowner in the intimate lighting and elegant surroundings of one of Le Canonnier’s two signature bars. If you’re well rested enough after a long day on the beach to burn some midnight oil, hit the nightclub after 11pm.
Intimate romance defines this elegant restaurant, with its panoramic views over the island to the north of Mauritius. Choose from the delectable specialities on the menu for lunch and dinner. Specific courses are at an additional cost.
Le Planteur Bar. Complete with a library, this bar is the perfect spot for a quiet drink before dinner or a delicious cocktail as you come off the beach.
Le Frangipanier. You don’t have to disconnect from the natural beauty around you while you tuck into freshly prepared island cuisine. Taking full advantage of the historical surroundings that define Le Canonnier, this open-plan, airy restaurant is charmingly set in a garden near the pool. An extra special feature of this restaurant is the live cooking demonstrations where you can watch the skilled chefs prepare your meal. Buffet dinners are included for half board guests. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served buffet style.
La Serenata. Look forward to a warm, quiet atmosphere tucked away amidst palms and twinkling lights. Specialising in Italian cuisine, this restaurant is open six nights a week for dinner. Specific courses are at an additional cost.
Evening – Fashionably casual. Men are permitted to wear smarter shorts at the restaurants in the evenings.
- Terrace or balcony
- Double beds
- Private bathroom with bath, double basin and toilet (standard garden facing rooms have shower, basins and toilet only)
- Television with satellite channels
- Electronic safe
- International direct-dial telephone
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Complimentary tea and coffee facilities
Le Canonnier is located on a peninsula at the northern tip of the island. The breath-taking view over the islets of the north coast and the Port Louis mountain range is spectacular, while the authentic Mauritian atmosphere is complemented by overtones of African and Oriental décor. The hotel is set in seven hectares of tropical garden with relics of the past, a lighthouse, ruins of ancient fortifications and old cannons. A unique feature of Le Canonnier is its two completely separate beaches, giving guests a different view of the panoramic seascape from wherever they choose to relax. A big attraction is Le Banyan Wellness Centre, built in the branches of a centuries-old Banyan tree. Rustic stone steps lead up to the treatment cabins, which look out on to peaceful pools and outdoor relaxation areas. Le Canonnier’s proximity to Grand Bay makes access easy for shopping and enjoying the international atmosphere at many restaurants and bars. Grand Bay is also the departure point for many enjoyable excursions by boat.
Mauritius is a year-round destination. Temperatures during the warm, dry months between April and October are usually in the mid-20s (degrees Celsius), rising to the upper 20s in the summer months between November and March. During the summer months, tropical weather may cause storms and heavy rain, occasionally resulting in a cyclone.
- LAND SPORTS:
- Aqua gym
- Body shape**
- Circuit training**
- Machine & weight training**
- Cardio training**
- Tennis (3 floodlit courts)
- Table tennis
- Volley ball
- Mountain bikes
- Archery**Available at Mauricia BeachcomberWATER SPORTS:
- Glass bottom boats
- Pedal boats
- Scuba Diving
- Water Skiing
- Stand-Up Paddle
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults