- Being one of only a handful of South African Lodges within a Big 5 Game Reserve which are child friendly, Cheetah Ridge Lodge and Nambiti House are the ideal family getaway, only 3 hours from Durban and 4 hours from Johannesburg
- Nambiti Big 5 Game Reserve is home to elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo and rhino, as well as over 30 other animal species. It is also rich in birdlife and indigenous flora often described as ‘heaven on earth’
- The homely and comforting atmosphere at Cheetah Ridge, ensures that all guests are receive a warm welcome to a home away from home
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAFull Spa - On Request
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationNambiti Private Game Reserve
Approximately 4 hours (387 kms) drive from Johannesburg and 3 hours (252 kms) drive from Durban
10 Luxury Suites
1 Family Suite
1 Self-Catering Unit
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: SPA TREATMENTS ARE ON REQUEST & SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. BOOKINGS NEED TO BE MADE IN ADVANCE, PREFERABLY AT THE TIME OF BOOKING YOUR ACCOMMODATION.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Rhino Conservation Levy of R 70 per person per night is to be settled at the lodge direct, subject the change without prior notice.
- Special rates for single accommodation per night in a Luxury Suite are available on request. Please ask your BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children aged 0 – 2 years will stay free of charge when sharing with 2 full paying adults.
- Children aged 3 – 12 years will receive special discounted rates. Please request rates from your BushBreaks consultant.
- Maximum of 2 children sharing with 2 adults.
- Children occupying their own room will be charged normal adult rates.
- The Reserve guideline is no children on game drives under the age of 6 years.
- Babysitting facilities are available and an extra fee applies.
About Cheetah Ridge
Cheetah Ridge Lodge is set within 10 000 hectares of reserve, situated in the southern section of the malaria free Nambiti Private Game Reserve in Kwa Zulu Natal.
Cheetah Ridge Lodge is the ultimate safari destination and comes complete with a swimming pool, tennis court, boma and 10 luxurious free standing suites overlooking a private waterhole, allowing guests to quietly observe African wildlife congregating from their front door. Cheetah Ridge is ideal for individuals, family vacations, photo safaris, game and bird safaris or conferencing.
Nestled alongside a 110 year old fig tree, Cheetah Ridge Lodge comprises of an enclosed veranda, games room with a full sized billiard table, and a quaint pub.
The fully catered accommodation comes complete with 2 game drives per day. Thanks to the experience and knowledge of the Guides, the game drives are a thrilling African experience and also deeply informative.
Being one of only a hand full of Big 5 lodges in South Africa that are child friendly, Cheetah Ridge Lodge is the ideal family getaway only 2.5 hours from Durban and 3.5 hours from Johannesburg.
Relaxation, the chance at seeing big five and excellent hospitality is their promise to you.
Nambiti House at Cheetah Ridge Lodge offers affordable self-catering accommodation.
Set apart from the Lodge, Nambiti House is a fantastic family get away destination and can accommodate 10 guests.
The private Boma is the perfect setting to gather around the fire and enjoy a traditional South African braai.
Dinner’s are also served in the dining room or on the veranda Nambiti House caters for all seasons: In the warm summer months you can cool off with a dip in your own private pool and in the chillier winter months guests can curl up in front of the fireplace.
- En-suite bathroom overlooking a watering hole
- Ceiling Fan
- Nespresso machine / tea & coffee station
- King or twin beds can be arranged
- Private deck
About Nambiti Game Reserve
The Nambiti Game Reserve is within easy reach of the central Drakensberg and just 3.5 hours from Johannesburg and just over 2 hours from Durban. The malaria free reserve offers a variety of vegetation which consists of grasslands, savannah, thornveld and numerous tall acacia trees. It boasts diverse game and several rare bird species.
It is one of few reserves in the region where the “Big Five” can be spotted and the Sundays River that flows through it adds that little bit extra serenity to the setting. There are over thirty species of game to see, such as giraffe, impala, hippo and zebra, to name but a few. A visit to Nambiti Game Reserve will revive the senses and allow visitors to feel the magic of the African wilderness.
See Africa as you’ve never seen it before from the comfort of a 4X4 vehicle during a safari drive, or indulge in the knowledgeable guides who are more than happy to answer any of your questions and are fully equipped to keep you safe.
The Nambiti region also boasts a history that dates back to the 1800’s and is particularly well known for the Battle of Elandslaagte, which was fought on the Reserve during the Anglo-Boer War.
Two memorial sites on the Reserve commemorate Boer and English troops who laid down their lives for their countries, and the hospital still stands within the Reserve borders. Until just 8 years ago the Reserve was divided into cattle and maize farms, but the environment has since been completely restored into what is now one of Africa’s most exciting conservation initiatives, boasting three times the game capacity of regions like Botswana.
- Star Gazing
- Additional Activities around Nambiti at an extra fee:-
- Drakensberg Mountains
- Battlefield Tours
- Golf at Ladysmith Golf Club
- Spionkop Battlefield
DIRECTIONS FROM JOHANNESBURG
- Head for DURBAN on the N3.
- Once you have entered KwaZulu Natal via Van Reenen, look out for the Ladysmith Toll off-ramp and go through it. This is at the bottom of Van Reenen’s Pass
- Continue straight on R103 to Ladysmith
- When you arrive in Ladysmith, drive straight through – you will be on the road called Harrismith Street.
- At the 3 way traffic light intersection keep right till you get to the next set of 4 way traffic lights.
- Turn Left into Murchison Street. Continue on down Murchison Street going through 2 sets of traffic lights. At the third set take a right and then a left at the traffic light intersection.
- On the outskirts of Ladysmith you will find another set of traffic lights and a 4 way intersection – travel on straight – in the direction of Newcastle till you see our brown Nambiti sign on the left as well as a small sign which reads D45.
- Turn Right onto the D45 Road (sand road), follow for 10.3Km’s
- At the Y – Junction turn right, travel alongside the Game fence for 2 km until you reach a gate. This is where you will check in.
DIRECTIONS FROM DURBAN
- Travel on the N3 through Mooi River Toll Gate , past Escourt to Ladysmith
- After Escourt; take the Bergville / Colenso R74 (R103) off-ramp / exit 194, turn right at the top of the off ramp and travel past Colenso towards Ladysmith / Newcastle.
- Cross the bridge into Ladysmith and continue following the directions for the N11 to Newcastle.
- At the traffic light intersection continue straight over the railway bridge.
- At the next traffic lights continue straight (N11) towards Newcastle. Travel for 10kms and look out for the brown “Nambiti” sign on the left and a small sign reading “D45”.
- Turn Right onto the D45 Road (sand road), follow for 10.3Km’s
- At the Y – Junction turn right, travel along side the Game fence for 2 km until you reach a gate. This is where you will check in.