- Chisomo Safari Camp, which means ‘blessings’, combines the warmth and vibrancy of a safari, exuding a true feeling of being in a bygone era.
- Overlooking the magnificent view of the Makhutsi River, guests often have the opportunity to view the Big Five from their decks.
- Guests can enjoy early morning and late afternoon safaris in open 4×4 safari vehicles conducted by experienced guides and trackers. The friendly staff at Chisomo ensure that guests are given Personal attention and service at all times.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings only)
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPATreatment Room
- AirconFans only
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationKarongwe Private Game Reserve
440km from Johannesburg, 189km from KMIA – Mpumalanga, 102km from Phalaborwa, 66km from Hoedspruit. Road transfers available on request.
22 x Luxury Safari Tents at Safari Camp
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are only valid for SA Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Reserve Fees apply: (to be settled direct)
R 195 per person per night, valid from 01 January 2022, subject to change.
- There will be a single supplement of 40% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children aged 0 – 2 years are accommodated on a complimentary basis.
- Children aged 3 – 11 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate, when sharing a family room with 2 adults.
- Children 12 years and older pay full adult rate.
- Babysitting available on request at an additional charge.
- Children under 6 years are not permitted on any Game activity unless approved by the Lodge Management onsite. No prior approval shall be given. (Children are required to be accompanied by an adult on a Game activity). Please note children that are under aged will not be allowed on a game drive – securing a private vehicle will not override this policy.
About Chisomo Safari Camp
Chisomo Safari Camp overlooks the Makhutsi River, tucked deep in the Big Five Karongwe Game Reserve in Limpopo, South Africa, offering an Unrivalled African Safari experience where the warm atmosphere, friendly staff and fine cuisine compliment the excellent Big 5 game viewing.
Guests enjoy early morning and late afternoon safaris in open 4×4 safari vehicles conducted by experienced guides and trackers. The friendly staff at Chisomo ensure that guests are given Personal attention and service at all times. During the day, guests may relax at the pool or retire to one of the beautifully decorated lounges.
The Management and Staff of Chisomo Safari Camp are dedicated to excellence, striving to ensure that each guest leaves with wonderful memories of an unforgettable Safari and the realization that our natural environment and our heritage must be conserved for future generations to come. We endeavor to create the awareness of our responsibility towards the protection and restoration of our rapidly diminishing natural wild lands.
- Tented accommodation built on stilts
- Mini bar fridge
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Standing fans / heater fans for winter
- Hair Dryer
- Mosquito nets in rooms
- All rooms have showers
About Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Karongwe Private Game Reserve, overlooking the majestic Drakensberg mountain range in the Limpopo Province, is set apart from similar properties by the extraordinary lengths we are willing to go to in order to ensure that your stay with us is a memorable experience. It is our people that create the magic of Karongwe and our dedicated and professional team are with us not simply because they want to work on one of the best natural game reserves in the world, they are here because they genuinely care about their work and their environment – elements which they carry out with passion.
- Daily Guided Drives
- Bird Watching
- Day trips to Kruger National Park and Blyde River Canyon
- Panorama Route Tours
- Little paw centre for children
Take the N4 motorway towards Mbombela (Nelspruit), passing eMalahleni (Witbank) and Middleburg
Turn left into eMakhazeni (Belfast) Once in eMakhazeni,
follow the signs and turn right towards Dullstroom, passing through Mashishing (Lydenburg)
Continue on the R36 to Ohrigstad and the JG Strydom Tunnel
Approximately 10km after the tunnel, turn left onto the R36 Towards Tzaneen.
The Karongwe Game Reserve is situated on your right, with the lodges located as follows,Shiduli – 22km,
Kuname – 24km,
Karongwe River Lodge – 27km,
Chisomo Safari Lodge – 27km,
Becks Safari Lodge – 27km