- Set on one of the largest perennial dams in the Sabi Sands game reserve
- Privately owned independent bespoke safari experience
- Unique exquisite family unit / Charlsy suite. Ultimate butler serviced private villa / Chitwa house
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - Private Plunge Pool (not heated)
- SPATreatment Room
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes (Low Risk Area)
LocationSabi Sand Game Reserve
Approximately a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg. Light aircraft flights: O.R Tambo – Chitwa Chitwa (app 1.5hrs).
Daily schedule flight: O.R Tambo- Hoedspruit Airport and a 2 hour road transfer to the lodge. Daily schedule flight: O.R Tambo- Nelspruit Airport and a 3 hour road transfer
6 x Luxury Chitwa suites
1 x 2 bedroom unique family unit / Charlsy suite
1 x 2 bedroom ultimate butler serviced private villa / Chitwa house
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
CHARLSY SUITE & THE CHITWA HOUSE
Special discounted rates for these luxury suites are available on request.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SADC. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Sabi Sand Wildtuin Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 151.80 per person per night applies and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- A Sabi Sand Gate entrance fee of R 310 per vehicle and R 140 per person is applicable and is payable in cash directly at the Gate. Valid until further notice and subject to change.
- Please contact your BushBreaks Travel Consultant regarding rates for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children are charged as follows, based on the SADC Residents Special Offer for advance bookings:
- Children aged 0 years are free of charge.
- Children aged 1 – 9 years pay 50% of the adult per person sharing rate per night.
- Children aged 10 -12 years pay 75% of the adult per person sharing rate per night.
- Children under 6 years will not be allowed on game drive unless parents secure sole use of the vehicle. Vehicle exclusivity is at an additional charge and needs to be pre-booked.
About Chitwa Chitwa
Originally a private retreat for the Brink family, Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Lodge was transformed in 1991 to become the sumptuous bush lodge it is today. Located in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve which forms part of the famed Kruger National Park, Chitwa is surrounded by lush, natural landscapes and a vast range of wildlife. Even though the lodge allows guests to experience Africa in the lap of luxury, it is still warm, welcoming and homely – truly a place where everyone is encouraged to relax and soak up the magic of the African wilds. Named after the majestic giraffe bull that shared the beautiful space with the Brink family for many years, the lodge aims to deliver the same grace and majesty displayed by this incredible creature during its lifetime.
Chitwa consists of six suites that are each tastefully decorated, giving them individual and unique character. The suites have a distinct European contemporary design coupled with a touch of African chic, resulting in rooms that are an eclectic mix of Europe and Africa. Wooden decks, private plunge pools and outdoor showers complete the suites, creating a luxury haven deep within the African bush. There is also a family suite – the Charlsy Suite – that has two interlinking suites that combine to form the ideal space for a small family. Chitwa House is an exclusive villa that sleeps four people and delivers privacy and luxury in this unspoiled bush environment. The largest perennial lake is on Chitwa’s doorstep affording guests the unique opportunity to watch the area’s local wildlife as it comes down to the watering hole to drink. Game drives and bush walks are also available for those who wish to experience the African bush and all its wonder in a different way. Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Lodge has also gone green and is committed to doing what it can to ensure the sustainability of the environment – it truly is where pure luxury meets environmental harmony.
|2 en-suite rooms|Common living room|Large viewing deck with pool
The Chitwa House
|2 beautifully appointed en-suite rooms with private decks and outdoor showers|Spacious common lounge/dining area|Spacious common lake-view deck with swimming pool|Private Safari vehicle with guide and tracker|Private meals|Television in lounge|Fully stocked mini-bar|Coffee / Tea facilities|Butler service
- Each suite is very spacious varying from 130 to 180 sq m
- Can accommodate up to 2 extra beds for children under 12 years only
- Opens onto a private lake-view deck with plunge pool
- Bath with indoor and outdoor shower
- Coffee & tea facilities
About Sabi Sand Game Reserve
This reserve shares 50km of unfenced boundary with Kruger National Park and animals are at liberty to go wherever they wish – but they tend to stay right where they are! This is because the Sand River and Sabi River supply much needed water in the dry season and create an eco-system with one of the highest and most bio-diverse wildlife populations in Southern Africa.
This is the reason why it is quite possible to see the ‘Big Five’ (lion, leopard, rhinoceros, buffalo and elephant) as well as numerous other animals and birds in a couple of days, or even a couple of hours in Sabi Sand.
- Walking Safaris with professional Game Ranger & Tracker (no charge)
- Dixie Shangaan Village Tour (R 600 pp, subject to change)
- Chitwa Chitwa signature african massage (R650, subject to change)
From Johannesburg travel East via the N12 to Witbank
From Pretoria travel East via the N4 to Witbank
- It is approximately a 7 hour drive to Chitwa
- The distance is about 500km in total with a 25km stretch on gravel roads which are are generally in good condition and are subject to seasonal change.
- From Acornhoek onwards there are signs: “Sabi Sand” follow these signs
- Please do not get out of your vehicle once inside the reserve
- Once inside the Sabi Sands, look out for the ‘FOLLOW THE HERD’ signage which will lead you all the way to Chitwa Chitwa lodge.