- Intimate and exclusive small safari lodge.
- Choice of sole use or individual room bookings.
- Famed for Leopard sightings.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings only)
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyChildren 8 years and older are welcome
- PoolYes - Private Swimming Pool
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationSabi Sand Game Reserve
Daily Federal Air flights from Johannesburg to Ulusaba Airstrip, followed by an easy drive to the lodge.
SA Airlink offers daily flights from Johannesburg to Nelspruit, follwed by either a road or air transfer to the lodge.
5 hour drive from Johannesburg.
4 Suites when booked for exclusive use
3 Suites when booked individually
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
THE DULINI COLLECTION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO OPERATE FROM ONE LODGE, DUE TO LOGISTICS AND THE SAFETY OF THEIR STAFF & TRAVELLERS, UNLESS BOOKING DEMAND DICTATES OTHERWISE.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted rates for Overseas Residents are available on request.
- A Sabi Sand Gate entrance fee of R 310 per vehicle and R 140 per person is applicable and is payable directly at the Gate. Valid until further notice and subject to change.
- A Sabi Sand Wildtuin Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 152 per person per night applies and needs to be prepaid. This will be added to the invoice with the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- A single supplement of 50% applies for all single rooms.
- Children 8 years and older are welcome.
- Child rates for the Minimum 3 night stay SADC Residents special offer, are available on request.
- Children 8 years and older will be allowed on game drives at Lodge Manager’s discretion.
About Dulini Leadwood Lodge
Exeter Private Game Reserve, a private concession in the western part of the world renowned Sabi Sand Game Reserve features the elegant Leadwood Lodge nestled against a well wooded bank of the Sand River, where jackalberry and leadwood trees lend their shade. Sabi Sand Game Reserve is renowned for having the best Big Five game-viewing in South Africa, if not the world. Located on the southwestern corner of the Kruger National Park, there are no restricting fences, thus enabling the animals to roam freely just as nature intended.
The Reserve is famous for its incredible leopard sightings. The Sabi Sand leopards have grown accustomed to safari vehicles, thereby permitting close up sightings and extraordinary photographic opportunities. The elevated dining and sitting areas at Leadwood Lodge boast dramatic views out over the Sand and Mabrak Rivers. The clever use of steps and levels throughout the Lodge creates intimate spaces for quiet game viewing, or unwind with a book beside the large Lodge swimming pool. Pan African meals are shared on the open deck or in the boma (open air dining area) around a roaring fire or in the bush. Featuring 4 luxury air-conditioned suites, Leadwood Lodge boasts a tactile blend of boldly expressed and contrasted materials – crushed stone, raw cement, dark meranti, rough granite and glass. Soft furnishings provide an inviting counter point to the textures and patinas of the structure. Each suite has a fireplace, sitting room and private pool, surrounded by a wooden deck and granite wall. Spacious en suite bathrooms pamper and delight guests.
Experienced CC Africa rangers and trackers will lead you on morning and afternoon/evening game-drive in an open 4×4 safari vehicles. Or explore the Sabi Sand Game Reserve on interpretive wilderness walks, coming face to face with the wild, led by your experienced ranger and expert Shangaan tracker (regarded as among the best in South Africa), and learn more about the area’s intriguing fauna and flora. Children are welcome at Leadwood Lodge. Regretfully, children 5 years and younger cannot participate in game drives. Children aged 6 to 11 are permitted on game drives at the Lodge Manager’s discretion. One triple room for a child 11 years and younger sharing with its parents is available for sole use bookings.
- Luxury suites with en-suite bathrooms
- Outdoor showers
- Private Plunge pools on private decks
- From Johannesburg to Exeter Private Game Reserve
- Take the N12/N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
- R40 from Nelspruit to Hazyview
- R536 from Hazyview towards Paul Kruger Gate
- After 34km look out for signs indicating the private game lodges on the left hand side of the road
- Turn left onto gravel road were Exeter Lodges will be indicated, travel approximately 3.5km you will pass a school on your left
- Turn left at the signpost. Drive another 1km to Newington Gate