- Situated on the open plains in the centre of Welegevonden Private Game Reserve.
- Watch the sun set from the deck and the animals passing by.
- This Reserve is close to Johannesburg, malaria free and family friendly.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes - based at Tshwene Lodge
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 6 years
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAYes - based at Tshwene Lodge
- AirconFans only
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationWelgevonden Game Reserve
2.5 hour drive from Johannesburg to the Main Gate of the Welgevonden Game Reserve
5 luxury thatched suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED RATES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Welgevonden Park Fee payable directly to the Lodge: R 165 per person per night, subject to change.
- Guests will be collected at the Main Gate of the Welgevonden 12h30. On the day of departure, guests will be transferred back to the Main Gate at 11h00.
- Gate transfers other than the allocated time must be requested in advance with management & if available will be charged at R 1,500 per vehicle one way, subject to change.
- Please contact your Bushbreaks consultant for single accommodation rates.
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted.
- Children aged 6 – 9 years will be charged 50% of the full adult rates when sharing with parents.
- Children aged 10 years and older will be charged the full per person sharing adult rates.
- The lodge and swimming pool are not fenced and children must be supervised at all times.
- Children 6 years and older are permitted on game drives at the game ranger’s / management’s discretion.
About Ekuthuleni Lodge
Situated in the heart of the malaria-free Welgevonden Private Game Reserve, Ekuthuleni Lodge invites you to savour true African luxury. Ekuthuleni Lodge, meaning “place of peace”, has sweeping views of the Savannah plains, and is home to the Big Five and many other species of game. Watch the morning sun scribble intriguing patterns across the veld. Enjoy a scrumptious breakfast in anticipation of the days’ excursions.
View game rich plains through the foliage of majestic Seringa trees. Each of intimate chalets offer intimacy and privacy with, magnificent views of the grasslands, giving a whole new meaning to nature on your doorstep. The romantic bathrooms have both indoor and outdoor showers.
Every care is taken to ensure that your stay is uninterrupted by the demands of the outside world.Guests may experience a rich bird life, a variety of fascinating trees and plants, an abundance of other wildlife, as well as the Big 5
- Twin/King Size Beds
- Hot beverage facility
- En-Suite bathroom
- Outdoor Shower
- Ceiling Fans
About Welgevonden Game Reserve
The Welgevonden Gama Reserve bordering the Marakele National Park is situated approximately 250km north of Gauteng. The Game Reserve is quickly gaining popularity in the South African and International markets due to its outstanding topography, high quality private game lodges and exceptional game viewing.
Welgevonden was developed on the basis of a freehold title in 1993, with the reserve being divided into 500ha blocks that ware sold to private individuals, syndicates or corporates for the purpose of private or commercial ecotourism.
There are no internal fences, but an electrified perimeter fence restricts the movement of large mammal species, onto neighbouring properties, and a restocking exercise was undertaken shortly after the reserve was proclaimed. A good road network of 430 km of gravel roads exist on the Reserve, which is a mean feat on the rocky, mountainous terrain and sandy soils.
The reserve is situated on the Waterberg Plateau and comprises of mountainous terrain that is dissected by deep valleys and kloofs, with occasional old lands that have been allowed to regenerate since the reserves proclamation. Flat plateaus characterise most hilltops, and altitude varies from 1080 m above sea level at the main entrance gate in the north of the reserve to 1800 m above sea level in the southern section of the Reserve. The combination of the veld types of the sour Waterberg Mountains and the sweeter lowland bushveld types historically supported a wide diversity of mammal species, but by the end of the 19th century most of the large herbivore and carnivore species that were present in the area in historical times had been exterminated by uncontrolled hunting. Over the last 10 years, many of these species have been reintroduced back into the Welgevonden Game Reserve.
Directions from Johannesburg
- Take the N1 north to Pietersburg / Polokwane
- At the Kraskop toll gate, keep left to Nylstroom / Marble Hall
- At the T-junction turn left towards Nylstroom / Modimolle and continue straight on for approximately 70km to Vaalwater / Mabatlane
- Continue through Vaalwater / Mabatlane on the Thabazimbi road for approximately 24km and turn left at the Welgevonden main gate. (Do not turn left at south gate or East gate.)