- Wheelchair Friendly Luxury Safari lodge located close to Johannesburg in a Malaria Free Area
- At Etali each meal is an experience designed to meet your personal requirements. With years of experience catering to all imaginable health based and religious dietary requirements including strictly kosher & halaal.
- The Lodge is located in a Big 5 Game Reserve along with rare species such as African Wild Dog and Cheetah.
- Also offering a range of extra services such as a kids program, stargazing, wedding planning and conference facilities.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadFor Big 5 sightings only
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - private splash pool in all suites
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- WI-FI FriendlyYes
LocationMadikwe Game Reserve
3 – 4 hour drive from Johannesburg
1 hour drive from Gabarone (Botswana)
8 x Luxury Safari Suites including awheelchair accessiblesuite, for guests with limited mobility.
1 x Luxury Family Suite
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based strictly on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Gate Fees to be paid directly at the Lodge:
- 180 per adult per stay & R 80 per child under 12 years per stay. (Subject to change)
- For guests flying in, the gate fees are R 240 per adult per stay and R 150 per child under 12 years per stay. (Subject to change)
- Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 165 per adult per night & R 82.50 per child under 12 years per night applies. The fees are subject to change and are to be settled at the lodge direct.
- Single surcharge for accommodation in a Luxury Safari Suite is 30% of the adult rate.
- The single accommodation surcharge over Peak Holiday Periods, Public Holidays and Long Weekends is 100% of the adult rate.
- There is no extra charge for single accommodation on the Special Offer rate for SADC Residents, valid until 31 January 2022 – (excludes peak periods).
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for special child rates.
- Children are permitted to have their meals with their parents during breakfast and lunch, however, children under the age of 5 years will have dinner earlier.
- Babysitting is available for children under 5 years at R 250 per day, whilst the parents are on game drives or at dinner. Subject to change and to be booked and paid at the lodge direct.
- Children under 6 years are not permitted on Game Drives.
- Only children over the age of 16 years will be allowed on Bush Walks.
About Etali Safari Lodge
Etali Safari Lodge has earned a reputable standing for offering guests a customised luxury African Safari Experience, with a combination of nature, leisure & contentment creating a remarkable memory for everyone. With the incorporation of boulders from the surrounding hillside & other elements, a minimalistic design approach has been adopted to ensure that the Natural surroundings of the Madikwe Game Reserve is the main focus and remains untouched by modern disctractions.
THE LUXURY SUITES
The spacious and luxurious suites at Etali offer a refuge from the stresses of everyday life. Here everything is designed to facilitate a connection to the natural surroundings of the Madikwe Game Reserve. Each free-standing suite comes standard with private game viewing deck, splash pool and outdoor shower along with additional amenities such as air-conditioning, fireplace and wi-fi.
THE FAMILY SUITE
The luxury family suite at Etali offers 2 back-to-back suites with a shared deck and no inter-leading door. The family suite includes all facilities of our luxury suites along with a larger shared viewing deck, swimming pool and private lapa.
view the video below to explore the Luxury Suites at Etali Safari Lodge
IFrameMeals & Dietary Requirements
The Etali kitchen team prides itself on the quality and flexibility of their cuisine. Guests are encouraged to please list their dietary requirements when making a booking through BushBreaks.
Each meal is an experience focused designed to meet your personal requirements. Etali boasts years of experience catering to all imaginable health based and religious dietary requirements including strictly kosher & halaal.
Kosher meals are prepared fresh on site to your specifications, preferences and satisfaction. With hundreds of Kosher bookings every year, guests benefit from their safari experience. The specially Kashered Kitchen and Kosher-only cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery is used throughout. A surcharge of R 750 per person per day does apply to all Kosher meals.
Limited Mobility Guests
Suite 5 next to the main lodge is wheelchair accessible via a walkway from the main lodge. It also includes wheelchair accessible indoor and outdoor showers. With lots of experience with limited mobility guests the Etali team will make certain that your bush escape is as comfortable and memorable as anyone’s regardless of your mobility level.
Wheelchair bound guests, and guests with limited mobility are welcome at Etali, including on game drives. The wheelchair accessible suite means that their stay will be as comfortable and memorable as any!
Over the years Etali has perfected the art of keeping children entertained during their stay in Madikwe. Whether casting animal tracks, or cooking up a treat, there is a range of kids activities available to keep the young ones entertained. For toddlers, child minding services are also available on request. Our side-by-side family suite is also available for guests who would like to stay close to their children while enjoying the privacy of their own suite.
Etali Kids Activities
A child’s first safari experience is always a special event. Let Etali make it extra memorable for the young, and a little less stressful for the old, with their kids program. The program is catered for the needs and age of your child and includes activities such as:|Children’s Bumble Drive|Babysitting Services|Kitchen Activities|Arts and Crafts|Face Painting|Bush Activities|An Exciting Kids Menu during Meals
Etali Bush Spa & Gym
The Etali Spa offers the perfect space to relax and be rejuvenated and revitalised! Treatments include massages, body wraps, manicures, pedicures, facials and more. The adjacent gym and steam room is open for the use of all guests.
Guests at Etali can enjoy two game drives per day. Drives are open to all guests over the age of six years. Younger guests can arrange for kids-friendly bumble drives in-between normal game drive times. Walking Safaris can also be arranged upon request for guests older than 16 years. Guests over 60 years old require a bill of clear health from a medical doctor in order to go on bush walks.
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- En-suite bathroom
- Private deck
- Private Splash pool
- Mini bar
- Coffee & tea station
About Madikwe Game Reserve
Located close to Gauteng, the Madikwe Game Reserve is a malaria free game reserve and is home to the Big 5, Wild Dog & Cheetah.
Stretching over 75 000 hectare of natural African bush, the Madikwe Game Reserve situated in the North-West province of South Africa, on the boarder with Botswana, encompassing a diverse environment which accomodates an abundance of over 60 species of mammal & 300 species of bird.
The reserve was proclaimed in August 1991, but officially became the estate of the North-West Parks Board on the 31 October 1991.
The reserve is one of very few in the world that was proclaimed purely on the grounds of it being the most appropriate sustainable land use for the area in which the reserve lies. Studies done through independent consultants clearly showed that wildlife-based tourism would be the most beneficial option for an area that was in an economic depression. The vision for Madikwe was to have a joint venture run by the North-West Parks Board, private investors and the local communities living in the surrounding area. The reserve has now become a role model for many similar ventures country wide due to the successes achieved within the reserve.
Prior to the park being proclaimed, work had already begun on clearing derelict farm buildings, fencing, and a number of alien plant species.
The park has a number of old buildings that were spared from demolition and now serve as The Parks Board headquarters. There were other game scout outposts built to house game scouts and other reserve staff. The perimeter was fenced with approximately 150km of electric game fencing, which is electrified to prevent the escape of the larger game species. In the park local business and labour was used to demolish buildings, erect fences and to construct roads, dams and lodges.
- Bush Walks
- Kiddies Activities
FROM OR TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, JOHANNESBURG TO ETALI SAFARI LODGE
- Take the R21 toward Kempton Park/Pretoria
- Take exit 134 for N1 North toward Polokwane
- Continue on the ramp and merge onto N1. Partial toll road
- Take exit 156 to merge onto N4 toward Rustenburg. Partial toll road
- Turn right onto President Street
- Continue onto R49
- After roughly 60km turn right
- After approx. 30km turn left
- After 11km, you will reach Etali Safari Lodge, Madikwe Game Reserve in the North West Province