- Apart from being unusually spacious, each of the 5 suites has been furnished to the very highest standards, and features a king-sized bed and its own private patio with a magnificent view of the Welgevonden bushveld.
- If you’re not out on a big 5 safari game drive, lounge on the beds on the deck at the crystal clear blue pool.
- The boma is the perfect setting for a romantic dinner around a welcoming fire and under a starry sky – you’ve never seen the stars as bright as they are when you are in the Waterberg area.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings Only)
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren under 6 years are not permitted, unless the lodge is booked exclusively
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Luxury Suites Have A Private Solar Heated Plunge Pool & The Honeymoon Suite Has A Heated Jet Pool
- SPAOffer In Room Spa Treatments
- AirconYes, As Well As Ceiling Fans In The Classic & Luxury Suites
- Cellphone SignalYes - Free Wi-Fi
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationWelgevonden Game Reserve, Waterberg Region
3 – 4 hour drive from Johannesburg to the West Gate of the Welgevonden Game Reserve.
4 x Classic Thatch roof suites (with jacuzzi)
1 x Luxury Thatch Roof suite (with jacuzzi)
4 x Luxury suites (has solar heated plunge pool)
1 x Honeymoon suite (with solar heated plunge pool)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special rates offered above are based on bookings for a minimum 2 night stay.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude a Welgevonden Conservation Fee of R 220 per person per day, payable directly to the Lodge. Subject to change without prior notification.
- Guests will be collected at the West Gate of the Welgevonden in an open Game Viewing Vehicle at 13h30. Please contact the lodge once you reach Vaalwater and they will arrange for a guide to meet you.
- Gate transfers other than the above mentioned allocated time must be requested in advance with management and will be charged an extra R 500 per way, subject to change and availability.
- Please note gate closes at 22h00. Collection from 20h00 will be charged at R 1000 per way, subject to change and availability.
- On the day of departure, guests will be transferred back to the West Gate at 10h00.
- Please note there is a gravel road of 17km we suggest a 4×4 or a high ground clearance vehicle. You will leave your car at the gate and the ranger will collect you and take you up to the lodge.
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a special discounted rate for single accommodation.
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted at the lodge, unless the lodge is booked exclusively.
- Please request rates from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Children who are accommodated in their own room will have first option on game drives.
- Children sharing a room with their parents will only be able to go on game drives if there is availability on the day.
About Fifty Seven Waterberg
Previously known as MolenVliet Lodge, Fifty Seven Waterberg is set in the heart of the magnificent Welgevonden Game Reserve that forms part of the Waterberg Biosphere Reserve, declared by UNESCAO as an official World Heritage Site in 2001. The facilities of this well-appointed lodge provide guests with an oasis of 5-star luxury that is surrounded by 35 000 hectares of unsurpassed natural beauty that is replete with exotic BIG 5 wildlife.
The perfect choice for a quick weekend break or a romantic getaway, the lodge is about a three – four hours’ drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria. Located in a malaria-free game reserve and with just 5 guest suites, the intimate setting combines privacy and peace with everything that you need for a comfortable and relaxed safari escape.
Each of the 5 suites has also been furnished to the very highest standards, and features a king-sized bed and its own private patio with a magnificent view of the Welgevonden bushveld. Each room has a study desk and a comfy armchair, as well as coffee & tea making facilities.
At the main lodge, guests are welcome to sit back and enjoy some downtime with comfortable sofas and armchairs which help to create a relaxing living area, while other equally well-designed areas provide guests with spaces in which to retreat.
If you’re not out on a big 5 safari game drive, lounge on the beds on the deck at the crystal clear blue pool. The boma is the perfect setting for a romantic dinner around a welcoming fire under a starry sky – you’ve never seen the stars as bright as they are when you are in the Waterberg area!
About Welgevonden Game Reserve
Rolling wooded mountains cut by deep rocky ravines and majestic gorges make Welgevonden Private Game Reserve an evocative piece of Africa. Aptly meaning ‘well found’, this is a place of rare and rugged beauty, plentiful wildlife and prolific birdlife. Spectacular scenery and excellent game viewing make Welgevonden quite unlike anywhere else on earth. To visit here is to experience the spirit of true wilderness.
The Welgevonden Game Reserve is home to over 50 different mammals, including the Big Five, and boasts one of the largest populations of white rhino on a private reserve anywhere in Africa. There are rare and unusual species too, such as brown hyena, aardwolf and aardvark – all best seen at night. The grassy plains abound with antelope from the largest eland to the diminutive duiker, and cheetah, lion and leopard are always close by. It is the diversity of habitat on the reserve that encourages such a wide range of wildlife as well as over 250 bird species, including rare blue cranes.
At 35 000 hectares in size, Welgevonden Private Game Reserve lies in the Waterberg plateau, just north of Johannesburg. Here guests enjoy unlimited traversing through the reserve and experience an environment where biodiversity conservation and game viewing are managed in harmony. Welgevonden protects a unique and special environment and the reserve’s management is deeply committed to on-going conservation research and development.
The evocative wilderness area offers an exclusive, intimate experience of the African bush with only a limited number of guests having access to the reserve at any one time. No private vehicles are permitted, which ensures minimal human impact and the ultimate wilderness experience. Historically, wildlife on the reserve has never been hunted so game viewing is always up close and personal. There is also ancient and delicate Bushman rock art on Welgevonden.
Welgevonden offers the discerning visitor something completely different. This is mountain Bushveld with rivers running through it and sweeping views to far horizons. It’s high altitude, temperate climate and being malaria free makes it worth a visit all year round. Welgevonden is certainly one of the finest places to watch wildlife, sense wilderness and touch the spirit of true Africa.
Directions to Welgevonden West Gate
- Take the N1 North towards Polokwane
- After the Engen garage at the tollgate, take the R33 Modimolle / Marble Hall oframp and keep left towards Modimolle
- Continue past Modimolle and Vaalwater
- NB Please inform the lodge when you reach Vaalwater
- At Vaalwater keep straight on the R517 for about 46km (you will pass the Main Gate)
- Turn left at the Schoongelegen gravel road
- After about 17km the West gate will be on your left
Guests staying at 57 Waterberg Lodge will be collected at the West Gate of the Welgevonden in an open Game Viewing Vehicle at 13h30. Please contact the lodge once you reach Vaalwater and they will arrange for a guide to meet you. Gate transfers other than this allocated time must be requested in advance with management & if available will be at an additional charge.