- This exclusive lodge recaptures the romantic mystique of authentic safaris from centuries past. Experience the breathtaking natural world of Africa merged with colonial nostalgia and modern sophistication, to deliver an unforgettably unique 5 star adventure.
- Gorah is the only private concession and Camp situated in the middle of the famous Addo Elephant National Park, home to the densest population of elephants on earth. Gorah is malaria-free, has the Big 5 and is a member of Relais & Chateaux.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 10years of age
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationAddo Elephant National Park
Just an hour drive from Port Elizabeth Airport.
11 Luxury Tented Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Park Entrance Fee of R 255 per person is excluded from the rates. To be settled directly at the Lodge. (Subject to change)
- Tourism Levy: R 55 per person per day until further notice. Will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking.
- Please request single rates, applicable to your dates of travel, from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Gorah welcomes all children aged 10 years and older.
- The child sharing rate, with adults, is between 10 – 14 years and children will be accommodated on a luxury stretcher bed. (Maximum 2 children per suite)
- Children 15 years and older are charged the adult rate per night and are not permitted on the luxury stretcher bed.
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for child rates.
About Gorah Elephant Camp
The first private concession in a National Park, is a premier lodge set in the heart of the malaria-free Addo Elephant National Park, home to the densest elephant population on earth. The Gorah House – Restored to it’s 19th century colonial splendour and period furnished, the main house reflects a noble opulence and delivers the meticulous service and attention to detail.
The romantic atmosphere of the ten spacious and luxurious tented suites, recalls the golden era of safari in the early 1900’s; yet with the comfort and excellence associated with Africa’s finest game lodges.
Guests can relax in the boma area with it’s beautiful rock swimming pool and sun-drenched decks. Experience the African tradition of cooking and eating under the stars.
About Addo Elephant National Park
Deep within the shadows of the dense valley bushveld of the Sundays River region of the Eastern Cape lies the Addo Elephant National Park.
Here, the evenings are punctuated by the strident howl of the black-backed jackal, and the francolin’s call heralds each new dawn. Safe from relentless persecution in the past, the grey leviathans of the bush now roam in peace.
The original Elephant section of the park was proclaimed in 1931, when only eleven elephants remained in the area – today this finely tuned ecosystem is sanctuary to over 450 elephants, Cape buffalo, lion, black rhino, a variety of antelope species, as well as the unique flightless dung beetle, found almost exclusively in Addo and their Addo has only just begun.
With plans to expand the 164 000 ha Addo National Elephant Park into a 360 000 ha mega-park. In addition, plans include the proposed proclamation of a 120 000 ha (296 500 acre) marine reserve that includes islands that are home to the world’s largest breeding populations of Cape gannets and second largest breeding population of African penguins.
From Port Elizabeth
- Travel East on N2 from Port Elizabeth through Colchester, then take N10 (North) to Paterson.
- 4 km after this intersection, turn left into Addo Heights Road (gravel), follow for 9kms.
- Gorah gate on your right.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults