- Take advantage of Big Five Eastern Cape Safari Bookings at Hlosi Game Lodge in the Amakahala Game Reserve
- Watch breathlessly from the privacy of your own viewing deck or luxurious deep-soaking tub at the array of wildlife and bird life from a safe and comfortable distance
- With only six suites and 8 luxury safari tents, Hlosi creates an intimate, personal game-viewing experience for guests. Each suite features mini bar, air conditioning, under floor heating and a spacious jet bath providing spectacular vistas of the surrounding bushveld.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationAmakhala Game Reserve
Daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg, Cape Town or Durban to Port Elizabeth. 45 minute drive from PE Airport, 40 minute drive from Grahamstown, 2 hour drive from East London.
4 Double units plus 2 magnificent family suites, each equipped with two bedrooms en-suite with a common inter-leading lounge area
4 Luxury family safari tents (2 roomed for 2 adults & 2 children)
4 Luxury safari tents (2 adults)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
THE FAMILY SUITE & LUXURY FAMILY SAFARI TENT AT HLOSI GAME LODGE REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 3 GUESTS BOOKED.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Conservation Levy of R 120 per adult per night & R 105 per child per night (3 – 11 years) applies. Subject to change without prior notice and to be paid at the lodge direct.
- There is a supplement surcharge on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- Children under 2 years may share a room with parents with no supplement charge for the use of a cot.
- Children 3 – 11 years may share in selected rooms with parents and will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate.
- Children staying in a room by themselves will be charged the full adult rates.
- Please note children under the age of 6 years will not be permitted on game drives.
- Children between the age of 6 & 12 years are permitted on drives at the discretion of the game ranger.
About Hlosi Game Lodge
Rolling plains punctuated with steep ravines and bushveld valleys, draws life from the Bushmans River. Here teeming herds of antelope replace colonial regiments in this magnificent frontier region.
Hlosi Game Lodge invites you to share understated luxury, to warm to true African Hospitality and to find a restful intimacy in the Eastern Cape Bushveld. This intimate lodge redefines exclusivity with four luxury suites enjoying uninterrupted views of active plains.
Your choice may be to while away tranquil moments in the intimacy of the lounge or gaze over open grass lands from the sala. Spacious suites carefully designed to capture the spirit of a bygone era, provide all of the luxuries of contemporary lodge living. Each suite features mini bar, air conditioning, under floor heating and full en-suite bathroom, the spacious jet bath provides relaxing guests with spectacular vistas of the surrounding bushveld.
The staff at Hlosi are on hand to attend to your every need and have perfected the art of creating a myriad of special moments. From laughter filled alfresco lunches at a bushveld pool, elaborate bush picnics, and casual candlelit dinners served on your private verandah, to the best of local produce in silver & white in the formal dining room.
About Amakhala Game Reserve
The Amakhala Game Reserve is approximately 7000 Ha in size and encompasses some of the most breathtaking topographical diversity found in the region. The Bushmans River meanders through the reserve and is fed by numerous densely vegetated valleys.
The intermittent plains provide ideal cheetah country and it is easy to see why with numerous antelope species in abundance.
The reserve is home to rhino, buffalo, elephant, cheetah and over 14 species of antelope.
- Follow the N2 from Port Elizabeth to Grahamstom (+- 70km)
- Turn RIGHT onto the R342 to Alexandria. (NB: DO NOT take the R342 LEFT to Paterson. The RIGHT hand turn onto the R342 is exactly 3km AFTER the Paterson turnoff.)
- You will see a large brown signpost for Hlosi on your left just before the turnoff.
- At the turnoff, you’ll see a signpost for the Karel Landman Monument
- Go through the security gate.
- Follow the signs to Hlosi Game Lodge (+-2.5Km turn right)
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults