- Complimentary transfers from Hoedspruit Airport and Skukuza Airport available on request – subject to availability at time of of reservation.
- Our local Tsonga team offer superb hospitality and rare insight into the local culture.
- Great game viewing in the 10 000 hectare private concession, in Kruger National Park.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years, unless the lodge is booked exclusively
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationPrivate Concession in the Kruger National Park
7 hours (558km) drive from Johannesburg
3.5 hours (168km) drive from Nelspruit (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport)
2 hours (106km) drive from Hoedspruit
2.5 hours (85km) drive from Skukuza Airport
1.5 hours (42km) drive from the Orpen Gate and 2.5 hours (95km) drive from the Paul Kruger Gate
Daily scheduled flights into Skukuza Airport and Hoedspruit Airport
6 Traditional African Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA/SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 2 / 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are only valid for SA/SADC Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Kruger National Park gate fees must be settled directly at the gate on entry into the park and are subject to change:
- South African Residents – Adult: ZAR 110 per adult per day & ZAR 55 per child per day.
- SADC Residents – Adult: ZAR 200 per adult per day & ZAR 100 per child per day.
- International Residents – Adult: ZAR 400 per adult per day & ZAR 200 per child per day.
- Kruger National Park gate entry times are as follows:
- Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 05h30 – 18h30
- Mar & Oct 05h30 – 18h00
- Apr, Aug & Sep 06h00 – 18h00
- May, Jun, Jul 06h00 – 17h30
- All guests must enter at ORPEN GATE a minimum of 1.5 hours before the gate closure time and through PAUL KRUGER GATE 3 hours before the gate closure time
- Travelling time from the Orpen Gate to the lodges is approximately 1.5 hours and from Paul Kruger Gate it is approximately 2.5 hours
- All visitors who are 18 years and older, must produce a positive identity document for scanning in order to gain access to the Kruger National Park:
- SA Residents must produce their SA ID document or Driver’s Licence.
- Non SA Residents must produce their passports.
- Please request rates for singe accommodation from your BushBreaks consultant.
- No children under 12 years, unless the lodge is booked on an exclusive use basis.
- Children 12 years and older are accommodated in their own rooms and pay the full adult rate per night.Children 12 year and older are permitted on game drives.
- Children 12 year and older are permitted on game drives.
About Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge
An earthy, traditional Tsonga styled lodge, Hoyo Hoyo offers luxury in six beautifully furnished suites. All rooms overlook the river & savannah and feature large king beds, air-conditioning, en-suite bathroom with stone baths and an outdoor shower.
The combination of the bush, traditional cuisine, the warmth of the accommodation together with the opportunity to witness the lifestyle and culture of the Shangaan people, ensure an unforgettable safari experience
- 6 Traditional air-conditoned African Suites
- En-suite bathrooms with antique baths and outside shower
About The Kruger National Park
The Kruger National Park is the primary destination in South Africa for many international tourists. Each year more than half a million visitors are registered.
The Kruger National Park was opened in 1898 at the instigation of then-president Paul Kruger. After hunters had considerably decimated the originally rich game stock, all the land between the Sabie and the Crocodile Rivers was put under the protection of Nature Conservation to ensure the survival of the remaining animals. Only as recently as 1961 was the extended Kruger Park fenced in.
The park stretches from the Crocodile River in the south up to the Limpopo River, which is the international border in the north. Altogether it is 350 km long, 65 km wide and comprises an area of about 20,000 sq km.
A web of roads of 1863 kilometres leads through the National Park, 697 km of them being tarred. For the visitor on a safari game drive in the Kruger National Park, there are numerous differently equipped rest camps, most of them scenically positioned. Within the park boundaries, travel is only allowed between sunrise and sunset. After dark one has to stay in one of the fenced restcamps.
The best time for observing the animals is the dry winter season. Then the grass is low and bushes and trees don’t have leaves, so that one can have an unobstructed view. Because it virtually doesn’t rain in winter, the animals come to the waterholes to drink in the mornings and evenings and can easily be watched from the car.
BY ROAD FROM JOHANNESBURG
- After departing from Johannesburg International Airport
- Take the R21 highway towards Pretoria (North)
- Before Pretoria, take the N4 highway East
- Turnoff at Belfast, take the R540 towards Dullstroom (approximately 37km)
- At Dullstroom, take the R540 towards Lydenburg (approximately 43km)
- At Lydenburg, take the R36 towards Ohrigstad (approximately 62km)
- At Ohrigstad, take the R527 towards Hoedspruit (Note: You will pass through the JG Strijdom Tunnel)
- 16km before Hoedspruit at the Swadini Reptile Centre, turn right onto the R531 towards Klaserie
- After approximately 30km, turn left onto the Orpen Gate Road (R531)
- After 40km you will reach the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park
ORPEN GATE ENTRY:
- After entering the Orpen Gate travel for 22km’s on the H7.
- Turn right on the S36 where you will see the signpost marked Imbali, Hamiltons, Hoyo-Hoyo with the exact distances.
- After about 20km’s turn right on the S145 where it is signposted for Imbali and Hoyo-Hoyo after 3km’s turn left at the no entry sign.
- Drive for 3.5km’s where you will reach a T-junction.
- Turn right to Hoyo-Hoyo or left to Imbali.
PAUL KRUGER GATE ENTRY
- Enter Paul Kruger Gate
- Proceed toward Skukuza
- From Skukuza take the H1-2 towards Satara (32km)
- Turn left S36(Dirt Road) signs will read Imbali Safari Lodge/Hoyo-Hoyo Tsonga Lodge/Hamiltons Tented Camp
- Continue on S36 for 40km
- At T-junction turn left onto S125 for 5km then right S36
- Continue for 6km
- Turn left S145 for 3km
- At signage for Imbali Safari Lodge and Hoyo-Hoyo Tsonga Lodge turn left
- Travel approx 4km to T-Junction turn right for Hoyo-Hoyo(4km)
GATE ENTRANCE TIMES
Please be aware of gate entrance times into Kruger National Park as they do vary throughout the year, depending on the season. Entrance into the park via Orpen Gate should be no later than two hours prior to gate closure time and via Kruger Gate should be no later than three hours prior to gate closure times.
Gate Opening Times
October – March 05h30
April – September 06h00
Gate Closing Times
November – February 18:30
March – April 18h00
May – July 17h30
August – October 18h00
Whilst driving within the Kruger National Park, please adhere to the legal speed limit of 50km per hour on tarred roads and 40km per hour on dirt roads.
Please adhere to the Kruger National Park safety precautions, and do not disembark from your vehicle unless you are in a designated area.
CELLULAR PHONE COVERAGE
Cellular phone signal is only available at the entrance gates and close to Skukuza, it is therefore recommended to make your last necessary calls at the gate upon entry.
Situated in the Kruger National Park in the Limpopo Province approximately:
- 45Km from Orpen gate
- 95Km from Paul Kruger Gate
- 555Km from Johannesburg
PLEASE NOTE Late arrival at the Kruger National Park gates will carry a minimum cost of R1500 to be escorted by the lodges. The same applies to early departures. This is based upon us being able to arrange with the SANParks officials in case of an emergency. We are UNABLE to guarantee that requests for late arrivals and early departures will be possible