Ichingo Chobe River Lodge
- Located on the secluded Impalila Island in Namibia, with access to the Chobe River.
- Fully Inclusive package with all meals, local beverages and safari activities.
- Chobe National Park and it’s wildlife is a 10 minute boat ride away.
- A base for some of the best fishing Africa has to offer.
- Big FiveBig 4
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
- WI-FIMain Lodge Area Only
- Wheelchair FriendlyNo
LocationImpalila Isand, Chobe National Park, Namibia
Kasane International Airport is the closest airport, and it is a 15 minute drive from the Chobe River. The Botswana Immigration Office is on the edge of the Chobe River, and from there one goes by boat to the lodge.
Flights from Johannesburg are available (smaller aircrafts from Victoria Falls).
There are four main access points by air*:
• Kasane Airport, Botswana (BBK): +/- 15 minutes from the Botswana Immigration Office.
• Victoria Falls Airport, Zimbabwe (VFA): +/- 90 minutes from the Botswana Immigration Office.
• Livingstone Airport, Zambia (LVI): +/- 120 minutes from the Botswana Immigration Office.
• Katima Mulilo Airport, Namibia (MPA): +/- 150 minutes from the Botswana Immigration Office.
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are strictly based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates are only valid for SA Residents. Discounted Rates for Non-SA Residents are available on request.
- A Community Development Levy is applicable to all new reservations at a cost of R 90 per person per night, which reflects as a separate line item on all invoices issued. Subject to change.
- A Fuel Levy Surcharge of R 250 per person per day applies for all the Zambezi Queen Collection properties for 2023, which is included in the rate. (Subject the change)
- Border Entry Requirements:
- The Namibian Government require all visitors to Namibia to have at least six full blank pages in their passports on arrival into the country and require that the passport be valid for at least six months beyond the intended departure date from Namibia. Proof of onward travel documents are also required. Unabridged birth certificates are required for all minors travelling in Southern Africa.
- Please note that you as the traveler and/or your travel agent are responsible for determining what documentation is required, as well as ensuring any such documentation including medical certificates, passports, visas, unabridged birth certificates are up to date and have been obtained before travel within the restrictions related to each country. Due to constantly changing border entry requirements, it is recommended that travelers and or/travel agents contact the appropriate embassy for accurate and up-to-date information.
- Pre-arrival and departure COVID testing requirements:
- To enter/exit Botswana and Namibia, fully vaccinated travelers are no longer required to produce a negative PCR test result upon arrival/departure but are instead required to present an authentic, valid vaccination card at Port of Entry. You as the traveler and/or your travel agent are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the new entry requirements for Botswana/Namibia and determining whether a negative PCR test is required for entry based on the traveler’s vaccination status at time of travel.
- Singe accommodation rates are available on request. Please ask your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- Ichingo Chobe River Lodge welcomes children of all ages.
- Children 0 to 3 years are accommodated on a complimentary basis when sharing with 2 adults
- Children aged 4 to 12 will receive a 50% discount on the applicable adult rate
- Children aged 13 and older are charged the applicable adult rate.
- One child under the age of 8 years can be accommodated to share with their parents, subject to availability at time of booking.
- Families with more than 1 child up to 12 years old can only be accommodated in a Family Tent, subject to availability. Child rates are available on request.
- Children aged 13 years and older are charged adult rates.
- Please note that there are no separate activities or menus available for children.
Parents will be required to sign indemnities for children to join activities, however, if the children become restless and disturb other guests, they will be returned back to the lodge.
About Ichingo Chobe River Lodge
Nestled on the secluded Impalila Island in Namibia, Ichingo Chobe River Lodge is surrounded by breathtaking scenery, abundant wildlife, birdlife and direct access to the Chobe River. Quieter, more secluded and personalised the lodge is ideal for families, couples or groups who wish to enjoy the very best of an African river safari and fishing experience. The accommodation consists of eight large air-conditioned Meru safari tents with en suite bathrooms and private balconies. The main lodge buildings include a relaxing lounge area, a welcoming bar, outdoor pool with a viewing deck with loungers overlooking the river, and a separate open-air dining room for all meals. Unwind and enjoy the sights, sounds and fun activities of a true river safari experience.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
Ichingo Chobe River Lodge has eight Meru-style safari tents, tucked beneath a canopy of trees. These air-conditioned tents are so comfortable that they feel like a hotel suite, but at night there’s the romance of sleeping under canvas – drifting off to the sound of the river rushing by. Your private balcony is a great place to relax and take in those Chobe River views.
• Private balconies
• En suite bathroom (shower only)
• Electronic safe
• Hairdryer (available on request)
• Towels and bathroom amenities
• Gown and slippers
• Barbeque Facilities
• Battery Charging Facilities
• Communal Dining
• Internet Access (Complimentary)
• Laundry Service (Complimentary)
• Meal on Request
• Mobile Connectivity
What To Pack
• Sun hat
• Swimming costume
• Comfortable shoes
• Flip flops
• Chargers (camera and mobile)
• Loose comfortable clothing
Located in Northern Botswana, alongside Namibia’s Caprivi Strip, Chobe National Park is the second largest National Park in Botswana with the largest concentration of game on the African continent. The Chobe River, forming the northern boundary of the park, originates in the highlands of Angola. From there, it winds its way into the Zambezi River, which eventually flows into Victoria Falls, through Mozambique and into the Indian Ocean.
Because it crosses floodplains, forests and open woodlands, the Chobe consists of a complex network of channels and marshes, which makes for spectacular game viewing due to the lush vegetation that surrounds it. While it has water all year round, the Chobe rises significantly from February to May, after the rains in Angola that start in November. During this wet season, the level of the Zambezi floodplains rises, pushing water into the Chobe all the way to the seasonal Lake Liambezi. Once the lake reaches saturation point, the water has nowhere further to go, and so starts flowing in the opposite direction in a phenomenon known as the “backflow”.
During your stay with the Zambezi Queen Collection, you’ll be able to observe animals in their natural environment from a tender boat, making for a relaxing safari experience. A major attraction of the area is the elephants, whose resident population is estimated to be over 120 000. You’ll also be able to see large herds of buffalo, and if you’re lucky, rare sightings like herds of Roan Antelope and Sable. Besides the land and water-based mammals, this is also a birdwatcher’s paradise and you can expect to encounter over 450 species.
- Ichingo Chobe River Lodge is located on the Namibian side of the Chobe River. If you’re on a self-drive safari, secure parking can be arranged for your vehicle in Kasane. Please advise at time of booking whether you require secure parking. If you are flying there are four main access points by air:
- Kasane International Airport, Botswana (BBK) is about 15 minutes from the Kasane Immigration Office
- Victoria Falls Airport, Zimbabwe (VFA) is about 1 ½ hours from the Kasane Immigration Office
- Livingstone Airport, Zambia (LVI) is about 2 hours from the Kasane Immigration Office
- Katima Mulilo Airport, Namibia (MPA) is about 2 ½ hours from the Botswana Immigration Office
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults