- Idube Game Reserve is well known for the frequent and excellent Leopard sightings – a photographer’s dream come true in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Idube Lodge is dedicated to giving guests a genuine and informative experience in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
- After breakfast, a morning guided safari bush walk is offered or guests can relax round the pool or on their decks.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 8 years
- PoolMain Lodge swimming pool and private plunge pool at The Makubela Suites
- SPAIn-room Massages - subject to availability
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationSabi Sand Game Reserve, Mpumalanga
5.5 hours (450 kms) drive from Johannesburg International Airport
2 hours (110 kms) drive from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
1.5 hours (43 kms) drive from Skukuza
9 Safari Chalets
2 Makubela Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.A Sabi Sand Gate Entrance fee of R 310 per vehicle and R 140 per person will be charged at the Entrance Gate. (Subject to change without prior notice)
- The Sabi Sand / Rhino Conservation Levy of R 152 per person per night, subject to change, will be added to each reservation invoice as an extra conservation fee. This will be charged on behalf of the Sabi Sand Reserve and will be paid over to the Reserve. A maximum of 3 nights per person per night will be charged for longer stays.
- Please contact your Bushbreaks consultant to request special discounted rates for single accommodation.
- Children under 8 years are not permitted at the lodge.
- Child rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks consultant.
About Idube Game Lodge
Idube Game Reserve is one of the most successful and oldest game lodge within the Sabi Sand reserve designed and built by owner Louis Marais. Idube offers a great experience and nowhere in South Africa can one find a wildlife experience quite like the one experienced within the 65 000 hectare wildlife sanctuary that is the Sabi Sands, and Idube is definitely one of the great value for money lodges in this famous reserve!
With experienced rangers and trackers are trained to give guests the best possible wild life experience.
Idube lodge has 9 en-suite standard chalets, each individually decorated, with attractively draped mosquito nets, giving a touch of safari romance. Windows also have mosquito gauze for added comfort.
All chalets have air-conditioner, fan, tea and coffee facilities and outside shower. Bathrooms have recently had a complete makeover and all have double vanity basins, bath, toilet and shower and are finished in attractive natural colours and textures. Geysers (boilers) are powered by gas to reduce use of electricity. Each chalet has its own private deck furnished with large, comfortable chairs – just the place to enjoy the birds or watch Idube’s daily animal visitors feeding, as they make their relaxed way across the grass and between the chalets.
The Makubela Suites are Idube’s brand new suites completed in February 2011. Take a walk down the wooden walkway and you will be in your own private world, apart from any other buildings and completely surrounded by natural bush.
Each spacious suite has an entrance hall, bedroom and lounge, large bathroom, including bath and shower, and a separate outside shower, which are accessible from both the bathroom and the outside deck. The 2 suites can be made interleading.
Suites each have a minibar, tea and coffee facilitities, safe, hairdryer, overhead fan, airconditioner, mosquito net and mosquito screens on windows. Rooms open up with sliding/ folding doors on 2 sides to a large wooden patio, into which is set a private pool. The view is all out to the bush beyond and the animals wandering freely across the clearing.
As part of the Makubela package, dinner can served at your suite. The lantern lit romantic dinner served on the private deck will add another unforgettable memory of your Idube holiday.
The name Makubela is a tribute to a female leopard seen many times by Idube guests over the years. She was fatally mauled by a male and she sought refuge at Idube, where she died. We remember how this beautiful creature added wonder and pleasure to our lives.
- Private Deck
- Mosquito Screens and nets
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor Shower
- Safety Deposit Box
- Separate Shower and Bath
- Serviced Daily
- Tea/Coffee Facilities
About Sabi Sand Game Reserve
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve which was formed in 1934 and shares 50km of unfenced boundary with the world famous Kruger National Park thrives to be the perfect Luxury African Safari dream destination. This gives the abundant wildlife & BIG 5 game the opportunity to roam around freely and go wherever they wish – but they tend to stay right where they are! The Sand River and Sabi River supply much needed water in the dry season and create an eco-system with one of the highest and most bio-diverse wildlife populations in Southern Africa. The Sabi Sand is one of South Africa’s most prestigious game parks, owing partly to the fact that it has one of the plentiful game populations in the country that includes the Big Five as well as numerous other species. It also offers some of the best sightings of the elusive Leopard.
Game drives offer quality viewing opportunities of the rich wildlife and the ones at night give you the chance to take a peek into the lives of the nocturnal animals in the reserve. Revel in the delights of this premier safari destination and allow yourself to be absorbed by the tranquillity of the area. The magic of Africa will leave its mark on your memory and heart. Choose from the many outstanding lodges that have made it their mission to perfect the luxury safari experience for all guests.
- Village tours