- Impodimo is the first lodge in Madikwe Game Reserve to have qualified Shangaan trackers as part of the team. This adds a different dimension to the safari experience ensuring consistent big game sightings.
- The Deluxe Safari Suite is for those who prefer something extra-ordinary. With the services of a private guide, tracker, open 4×4 game viewer, chef and butler exclusively yours.
- We ensure that families have an unforgettable safari experience. Kids may participate in our kiddies programme, where children are entertained and occupied with fun and educational wildlife activities.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings Only)
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolMain Area Pool & Private Plunge Pool In Deluxe Safari Suite
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationMadikwe Game Reserve
4 hour drive from Johannesburg.
Direct Flights / Road transfers from Johannesburg are available on a daily basis to and from Madikwe. Special prices available on request.
8 Luxury Suites
Family Safari Suite (Accommodates 4 Adults & 2 Children)
Deluxe Safari Suite (Accommodates 4 Adults) Deluxe/Family Safari Suites have a private Game drive vehicle & Ranger.
The family & deluxe suites have 2 luxury en-suite bedrooms, lounge & dining room, private plunge pool & private boma deck.
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SADC Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Gate Fees to be paid directly at the Lodge: R 180 per adult per stay & R 80 per child (under 12 years) per stay. For guests flying in, the gate fees are R 240 per adult per stay and R 150 per child per stay. (Subject to change)
- Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 190 per adult per night & R 95 per child (under 12 years) per night applies. The fees are subject to change and to be settled at the lodge direct.
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for special discounted rates for single accommodation in a Luxury Suite.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Impodimo Game Lodge.
- Children under 2 years of age will stay free of charge.
- When sharing with 2 adults in a Luxury Suite, children aged 3-12 years will pay 50% of the per person adult sharing rate. On request only.
- Please note children under the age of 6 years will not be permitted on game drives. Where possible a kiddies safari will be arranged between normal safari times.
- Children between the age of 6 & 12 years are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
- Baby sitting facilities can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
About Impodimo Game Lodge
Impodimo Game Lodge is set along a rocky ridge commanding stunning vistas of the reserve. It is also located at the source of a natural spring, which provides the lodge with elevated views as well as riverine serenity. The lodge offers dawn and dusk safaris. The safaris are carefully timed to ensure optimal seasonal comfort.
Carved from the hillside, eight glass fronted luxury chalets line a natural spring, each enjoying striking views either from within or from the outdoor shower. The lodge enjoys spectacular vistas extending as far as the eye can see, your choice may be to visit in summer and laze on the pool deck with a chilled chardonnay.
Or maybe a winter safari – retire to the library with a cognac or stoke the fire in your suite, gaze out at the stars before drifting away with vivid images of unrestricted close encounters with Africa’s big game.
About Madikwe Game Reserve
Herman Charles Bosman has woven many a tale about Abjaterskop and the Marico River. It is perhaps he that best describes the vast area where enselsberg rise from the savannahs and an area that is given life from the Marico River. This is the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve, 75 000 hectares of unique topography and breathtaking beauty, it is also the home to the big 5, wild dog, cheetah and a large variety of mammal and bird life.
This 75 000 hectare reserve is situated in the North-West province of South Africa, on the border with Botswana. The large diversity of vegetation and ecozones allows for a rich diversity of game and bird species to inhabit the reserve.
History of the Madikwe Game Reserve
The reserve was proclaimed in August 1991, but officially became the estate of the North-West Parks Board on the 31 October 1991.
The reserve is one of very few in the world that was proclaimed purely on the grounds of it being the most appropriate sustainable land use for the area in which the reserve lies. Studies done through independent consultants clearly showed that wildlife-based tourism would be the most beneficial option for an area that was in an economic depression. The vision for Madikwe was to have a joint venture run by the North-West Parks Board, private investors and the local communities living in the surrounding area.
The reserve has now become a role model for many similar ventures country wide due to the successes achieved within the reserve. Prior to the park being proclaimed, work had already begun on clearing derelict farm buildings, fencing, and a number of alien plant species. The park has a number of old buildings that were spared from demolition and now serve as The Parks Board headquarters. There were other game scout outposts built to house game scouts and other reserve staff.
The perimeter was fenced with approximately 150km of electric game fencing, which is electrified to prevent the escape of the larger game species. In the park local business and labour was used to demolish buildings, erect fences and to construct roads, dams and lodges.
Directions to Impodimo Game Lodge in the Madikwe Game Reserve
- From the N1 South, take the Beyers Naude ( D F Malan Drive ) Offramp and turn right onto Beyers Naude.
- Continue for approximately 13.1km until reaching the N14 (R28) highway.
- Take the on-ramp direction Krugersdorp.
- Travel South West for 5,5km.
- At the Traffic lights, turn right onto the N14/R24 toward Ventersdorp.
- Follow this direction for 10.3km.
- At the T-junction, turn right and then 0,8km turn left onto the Ventersdorp road (N14).
- After 9.9km you turn right at the four way stop and take the R24 in the direction of Rustenburg (+-15km)
- Pass through the town of Magaliesburg and take the left fork in the road, The R509 ( Derby ) to Boons and Derby (53km)
- Proceed through Derby to Koster (17km)
- Turn right in Koster to Swartruggens. (R 509 for 34km)
- Turn left at the stop street onto the N4 (cemetery in front of you)
- Continue straight through Swartruggens towards Groot Marico and Zeerust. You do not actually pass through the town of Groot Marico
- In Zeerust, turn right into President Street (Sign to Madikwe Game Reserve/ Gaberone) onto the R505/R49 to Gaberone.(The R505 eventually becomes the R47)
- Continue on this road through 2 rural villages and past Madikwe Road Takeaways (a store and filling station) and past Nietverdiend (a store, filling station and police station).
- Continue on this road past the Abjagterskop Gate for Madikwe Game Reserve on your right. (Thatched entrance with flags etc.) for 7km.
- 7 km past the Abjagterskop Gate, you will find another gate (Wonderboom gate) on the Right into the park. We will meet you here.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults