- Nestling in the shadows of the Waterberg Mountains, near Bela-Bela, Itaga Lodge is located in the greater Mabalingwe Nature Reserve – a Malaria free area of Limpopo Province and home to the ‘Big 5’. (Lions are kept in a separate high security, fenced area).
- It takes only 2 hours to reach Itaga from Johannesburg and just over an hour from Pretoria, travelling via the national Polokwane road.
- Resident guests at Itaga Private Game Lodge have access to the Zebula Golf Estate & Spa. It is located just 20 minutes drive from the Lodge in our 4 x 4 vehicles, via our private access road through the reserve with an opportunity for an additional game drive along the way.
- Big FiveYes (Lions Kept In A Separate Enclosure - Only Open For Viewing On Wednesday & Sunday, Early Morning)
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 10 years
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationMabalingwe Nature Reserve
2.5 hours drive from Johannesburg.
8 Unique, individually styled African themed thatch chalets
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Game drives are not included in the rate. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for information regarding game drives.
- Single rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- Children under the age of 10 years are not permitted at Itaga Luxury Private Game Lodge, unless the lodge is booked exclusively.
- The Standard Chalets can accommodate 2 adults, no children sharing with 2 adults.
- The 2 Superior Chalets can accommodate one child to share with their parents. A child sharing with 2 adults in a Superior Chalet will be charged the full adult rate per night. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote for adults and children in a Superior Chalet.
About Itaga Luxury Private Game Lodge
Nestling in the shadows of the Waterberg Mountains, near Bela-Bela, Itaga Lodge is located in the greater Mabalingwe Nature Reserve – a Malaria free area of Limpopo Province and home to the ‘Big 5’. Lions are contained in a separate high security, fenced area. Visits to the Lion Enclosure are subject to availability and must be pre-booked and paid directly at the lodge.
It takes only 2 hours to reach Itaga from Johannesburg and just over an hour from Pretoria, travelling via the national Polokwane road.
Itaga has earned a proud reputation as an exclusive but affordable luxury lodging establishment offering 8 tastefully appointed, air-conditioned / heated en-suite, African themed chalets. The rooms have private pergola covered patios and guests have a choice of either shower & bath, or shower only. Most rooms also feature a screened outdoor ‘bush shower’ for that exhilarating ‘Out of Africa’ experience!
The thatched central complex has a romantically appointed dining area; an intimate lounge with feature fireplace; a cocktail bar with viewing deck overlooking the floodlit waterhole; a cozy open-air bush boma; an all day tea & coffee refreshment station for the convenience of our guests; a DSTV loft lounge and library; a gift, curio and fashion goods boutique; a swimming pool with large sundeck, and indoor / outdoor conference facilities catering for up to 16 corporate delegates. The elevated ‘upper deck’ offers stunning views across the plains and the quiet solitude of this private location makes it the perfect place to witness sensational sunsets, whilst savouring the moment with a sundowner cocktail.
For the safety of our guests (and the protection of our Marula trees from mischievous elephant), the area surrounding the camp is encircled by an electrified game fence.
- Private pergola covered patios
- Shower and bath or shower only
- Outdoor bush shower
- Electric hairdryers and power sockets
- Optional morning or afternoon Game Drives are available on request at an additional charge of R 250 per person, subject to change and to be settled at the lodge direct – (minimum 2 guests)
- Access to Zebula Golf Estate & Spa
- Adventures With Elephants
- Visiting the Mabalingwe Lion Enclosure – only Wednesday & Sunday, early morning
- Quad Biking at Zebula Golf Estate & Spa
- White Lion encounter – at another reserve nearby
- From Johannesburg or Pretoria, take the N1 North, Polokwane (Pietersburg) / Platinum Toll Highway.
- Pass through the Pumulani Toll Plaza.
- Pass the Panorama Petroport on your left hand-side and continue through the Carousel Toll Plaza.
- Pass the turnoff to the Carousel Casino on your left and approximately 50 km’s later; take the R516 Bela Bela / Settlers turn off (exit 238) and keep left on the slip way, then turn left to Bela Bela.
- At the T junction robots, turn right into the R101 Bela Bela road.
- Pass the Waterfront Arts and Craft Centre on your left, (‘A’ frame timber units) and at the next set of traffic lights, (immediately after crossing the railway bridge), turn left again into Potgieter Street and follow the road which curves around to the right, 1st stop street go over and then turn left at the slip way (into Chris Hani Drive), passing the entrance to the Forever Resorts Warmbaths complex (on your left hand side).
- Proceed to the roundabout and then turn left, following the signs to Mabalingwe, Thabazimbi and Rooiberg, at that circle.
- Follow the road for approximately 28 km’s. The Mabalingwe Nature Reserve entrance will be on your right hand side. Once you have gone through the Mabalingwe main gate, take an immediate sharp left turn onto the dirt road, (boom gate will be opened by security guards). After turning onto this road, follow the signs to Itaga Lodge, which is approximately 8 km’s from the Mabalingwe main gate entrance.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults