- This popular Pilanesberg game lodge offers various accommodation options such as Executive, Luxury and Standard Suites.
- Adventure-filled outdoor safari activities special discounted rates for couples, families, groups and conferences at Ivory Tree Game Lodge include big 5 game drives, quad biking, archery, airgun, and drumming.
- Game drive vehicles are custom built ensuring optimal panoramic visibility of wildlife sightings in The Pilanbesberg National Park.
- Ivory Tree Game Lodge feature bush spa treatments in an Award-winning Amani Spa.
- Ivory Tree Game Lodge is situated within the Pilanesberg Game Reserve, one of the largest volcanic complexes of its kind in the world.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages welcome
- SPAFull Spa
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationPilanesberg National Park
2.5 hour’s drive From Johannesburg to the Bakgatla Gate of the Pilanesberg. 40 min drive from Sun City.
- 60 Standard Suites (max 2 guests)
- 4 Luxury Suites with plunge pools (max 2 adults & 2 children under 12 years)
- 2 Family Suites ( max 2 adults & 4 children under 12 years)
- 1 Pilane Villa (max 8 guests)
- 1 Kosher Villa with Kosher kitchen ( max 8 guests)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are valid for SA Residents only. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Conservation Levy of R 145 per person per stay applies which will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation in a Standard Room.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Ivory Tree Game Lodge.
- The Standard Room accommodates a maximum of 2 adults. Please check with your Bushbreaks & More consultant for child rates when sharing with one adult.
- Luxury Suite, Executive Suite, Family Suite & Villa rates are per night and available on request.
- Except where children are accommodated on safari by means of a ‘bush bumble’, children under the age of 6 years will not be permitted on game drives.
- Children between the age of 6 & 12 years are permitted on drives at the discretion of the game ranger.
About Ivory Tree Game Lodge
Ivory Tree Game Lodge is situated in the north eastern region of the Pilanesberg National Park, the closest point of entry is through Bakgatla Gate. Nestled in the basin of an ancient amphitheatre divided by riverine woodlands and elephant trails lies an exclusive lodge, called Ivory Tree Game Lodge.
The guest areas have been carefully planned to ensure easy flowing and comfortable areas and were designed with the view to accommodating a group or to provide intimate retreats ensuring privacy.
The central areas include two lounges, the bar and cocktail lounge, a multi-tiered dining room, the conference facility, curio shop and open air boma.
The Suites areas were designed using a double volume style to ensure impressive views of the surrounding amphitheater. The large and stunning feature swimming pool has been positioned between the lodge and the nearby water hole.
56 standard suites are located on the edge of the amphitheatre basin, each features full en suite bathroom with outdoor showers, mini bar fridges, air-conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities. The standard suites are decorated in a range of earthy tones ranging from terra cottas to deep blues, the rooms have been carefully co-ordinated to ensure comfortable seating both indoors and out. The standard configuration includes two twin beds and in a limited number of rooms it is possible to offer a king size bed.
In additional to the standard Suites Ivory Tree has very recently introduced 4 Luxury Suites, beautifully decorated and very spacious, featuring a lounge area and a private patio with private plunge pool. Most of our guests are at Ivory Tree for the thrill of the open vehicle safari. Ivory Tree uses custom built 10 seater open game viewers which permit maximum all around visibility.
- All suites are air-conditioned
- Full en-suite facilities including outside showers
- Hot beverage facilities
About Pilanesberg National Park
The Pilanesberg National Park is home to a wide variety of general game including the Big 5, in addition both species of Rhino occur, namely black and white, and Cheetah and Wild Dog. Each group of guests is assigned a personal guide who is tasked with interpreting the sights and sounds of the African bush. Your guide will spend time with you at dinners as well and is always around to ensure that you remain comfortable during your stay at Ivory Tree Game Lodge.
Next door to the famous leisure and entertainment resort of Sun City, is the Pilanesberg National Park.
It may not be very large (550km²) compared to Kruger or some of the other great African parks, but it has a real wilderness feel to it and most of the big animals you could wish to see. It lies amongst the only significant hills in the area which rise skywards out of the flat highveld plain. This massif is a 1,200 million-year-old volcanic relic of four concentric mountain rings.
The Pilanesberg is the highest peak towering 600 metres above Mankwe Lake, which sits in the heart of the ancient volcano. The volcano’s circular bowl was recognised as being the perfect situation for a national park with its tall sides creating natural boundaries. The area was farmed until 1979 until Operation Genesis was launched to rehabilitate the land and stock it with game. This was one of the most imaginative game-stocking enterprises ever undertaken and the Pilanesberg became a great success story. There are currently around 10,000 head of game and it is a very popular game park for locals and overseas visitors alike – many of whom make the short trip from the nearby resort of Sun City.
PILANESBERG ANIMALS AND BIRDS
This park is home to good populations of a whole range of Africa’s game, including the ‘Big Five’; elephants, black and white rhinoceros, buffaloes, lions and leopards and you will also see giraffes, zebras, hippos and a wide variety of antelopes including the very attractive sable, eland, kudu and gemsbok. There are also cheetahs and hyenas and jackal.
Birdlife is good with over 300 species and bird lovers will be interested in the huge stroll-through aviary at the Manyane gate. Also in this area is a ‘vulture restaurant’ – created to help save the shy and endangered Cape vulture from regional extinction.
- Leave Johannesburg driving past Lanseria Airport towards Hartebeespoort Dam (suggested routes either William Nicol or Hans Strydom roadways)
- At the T-junction of Broederstroom ( fruit stall in front of you ) turn left
- Follow signs to Sun City turning right taking the bridge over the dam
- At stop street turn right
- At 4 way stop turn left ( takes you past Chameleon Village ) and once again follow Sun City signs taking you onto the N4
- Once on the N4 Toll road, take the 1 st off ramp for Pilansberg/Sun City
- Turn right over the Highway continuing as though traveling to Sun City (+/- 80km) going through at least 4 4-way stops
- At a 4 way stop with a Golden Era sign off to the right , turn right to “Northam” on the R510
- Continue along until you pass an industrial area on your left, soon after turn left to Mogwase and Pilanesberg
- At second stop street with a Caltex garage on the corner turn right to Pilanesberg, Manyane & Bakgatla Gates
- Continue until you hit a T-Junction
- Turn left to Bakgatla Gate and George Stegman Hospital Continue along this road which takes you to our driveway which is a huge thatched yellow entrance taking the right hand entrance to the lodge.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults