- Jaci’s Sabi House is a private, exclusive-use home in the heart of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- The house features a locally designed Main Lodge and separate Guest Cottage with spacious interiors, luxurious finishes and bespoke decor.
- Complemented by private swimming pool, indigenous garden and your own private chef, field guide and game viewing vehicle, Jaci’s Sabi House is all set to offer guests nothing less than a spectacular private Safari experience.
- Perfect & initmate bush hideaway for small groups & families.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages welcome
- Cellphone SignalLimited
- Malaria AreaYes (Low Risk Area)
LocationNorthern Sabi Sand game reserve
Johannesburg to Jaci’s Sabi House approximately 6 hours (approx. 500km)
Hoedspruit to Jaci’s Sabi House approximately 1 hours (approx.160 km)
Nelspruit to Jaci’s Sabi House approximately 3 hours (approx. 250km)
1 king bedded room accommodating a maximum of 2 guests SEPARATE GUEST COTTAGE
2 individual twin bedded rooms
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Sabi Sand Reserve Entrance Fees must be paid in cash on arrival at Gowrie Gate: R 310 per vehicle and R 140 per person is applicable. Valid until further notice and subject to change.
- It is recommended that you arrive before sunset. Arrangements for late arrivals need to be pre-arranged with the lodge reservations office – (additional charges may apply).
- A mandatory Sabi Sand Guest conservation Contribution of R161 per person per night, applicable to South African Residents, will be levied to all bookings and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking, subject to change. SA ID’s will be requested at the gate for verification.
- Rate is a per night for 6 guests.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Jaci’s Sabi House accommodates a maximum of 6 guests on a sole use basis.
- An additional 2 children under 12 can be accommodated on a stretcher bed in the main house lounge area, with access to their own en-suite, but shared bath / shower with the master bedroom. Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for child rates if they are in addition to the maximum 6 guests sharing.
- Children are permitted on game drives at the sole discretion of management and the game ranger.
About Jacis Sabi House
Jaci’s Sabi House is an exclusive-use, private abode situated in the Northern Sabi Sand Reserve. The thatch home is the ideal destination for the ultimate Safari /bush getaway, with access to prime game viewing areas within the Sabi Sand you can be assured of a Safari to be remembered.
Fully staffed – all you have to do is arrive and we will do the rest.
Jaci’s Sabi House accommodates a maximum of 6 guests at a time for exclusive-use bookings only and features a locally designed Main Lodge House and separate Guest Cottage with spacious interiors, luxurious finishes and bespoke decor. The thatch home is the ideal destination for the ultimate bush getaway, with access to prime game viewing areas within the Sabi Sand Reserve, where you can be assured of a Safari to be remembered. Complemented by private swimming pool, indigenous garden and your own private chef, field guide and game viewing vehicle, Jaci’s Sabi House is all set to offer guests nothing less than a spectacular private Safari experience.
About Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Renowned for Big Five game viewing, the 65 000 hectare Sabi Sand Game Reserve lies adjacent to the south-west corner of The Kruger National Park, with which it shares a 50 kilometer border. There are no fences between the two reserves, allowing game to move freely between the areas and, as a result, the reserve offers some of the most exceptional wildlife in southern Africa.
Two rivers cross Sabi Sand: the Sabi River on its boundary in the south and the Sand River that flows from northwest to southeast. This has resulted in an abundance of leopard, lion, rhino, elephant, buffalo, cheetah, zebra, giraffe, hyena and a wide variety of antelope and other species. To date 330 tree, 45 fish, 30 amphibian, 110 reptile, 500 bird and 145 mammal species have been noted in Sabi Sand! A number of endangered species have also made the reserve their home, and visitors to the area are often given a rare glimpse of Honey Badgers, Ground Hornbills and Wild Dogs.
Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve was formed in 1934, and was the forerunner of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which was established in 1948. As such it became the oldest private game reserve in South Africa and the birthplace of sustainable wildlife tourism in Southern Africa. A formal association of landowners, many operating commercial safaris, Sabi Sand Game Reserve’s goal is to promote and conserve the fauna and flora in the area and preserve the area as a wildlife sanctuary. All lodges in the greater Sabi Sand area are involved in environmental management such as alien plant control, combating erosion, monitoring wildlife, anti-poaching and fire control.
- Depart Johannesburg via the N12 highway and continue to Witbank which then becomes the N4 highway
- Continue straight, through Middelburg and on towards Belfast.
- Switch to the R540 to Dullstroom, continue on through Lydenburg, Origstad and through the Strydom tunnel.
- On approaching Hoedspruit take the R531 to Klaserie, Acornhoek and then follow the signs for Sabi Sand to Gowrie Gate. Please note that the last section of the road is on gravel and guests will have to drive at a reduced speed (allow for extra travel time especially if it has been raining)
- Follow directional signs to the camp.
Jaci’s Sabi House is approximately 12 kilometres from Gowrie Gate. Please note: the drive includes gravel road, the condition of which is dependant on the season and when last it was graded by the local municipality. Please update us on your estimated time of arrival when you pass through Bushbuck Ridge or Hluvakani.