- Jamala Madikwe is owner-managed and run. Set in the pristine 75 000 hectare malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve the ideal place for that ultimate safari experience.
- The lodge gently embraces the lay of the land with five freestanding villas. Each slice of paradise offers superlative luxury and intimate privacy combined with extravagant outdoor facilities which include individual rim-flow pools and salas, expansive wooden decks and private outdoor showers.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren under 16 years by special arrangement only
- PoolYes - Private Villa pools
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationMadikwe Game Reserve
3.5 to 4 hour (263 kms) drive from Johannesburg
Daily Flights (scheduled/charter) into the Madikwe Game Reserve.
5 Luxury freestanding Villas
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Gate Entry Fees: R 180 per person if entering by self-drive vehicle.
- For guests flying in, the Park Fees are R 240 per per person.
- A Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 165 per adult per night & R 85 per child (under 12 years) per night applies and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. Subject the change and valid until further notice.
- All fees are subject to change and to be settled at the lodge direct.
- Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for single accommodation special rates.
- No children under 16 years of age, unless confirmed by prior special arrangements or if the lodge is booked exclusively.
- Private vehicle required for bookings with children 6 – 16 years. Subject to availability and additional charges.
- The above is not applicable when the lodge is booked on an Exclusive Use basis.
About Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge
Jamala Madikwe is beautifully positioned within the Madikwe Game Reserve. Located in the North West Province, the reserve is home to the greatest diversity of wildlife.
Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge is Owner-managed and run. Jamala Madikwe offers an intimate bush experience, where personal service and attention to detail are the cornerstones of every waking moment.
The lodge successfully combines colonial style and African eccentricity in a delightful marriage of opposites. Set in the pristine 75 000 hectare malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve, Jamala Madikwe is the ideal place for that ultimate safari experience.
With facilities for a MAXIMUM OF TEN GUESTS, exclusivity is a hallmark of this very special property.
Jamala Madikwe gently embraces the lay of the land with five freestanding villas. Each slice of paradise offers superlative luxury and intimate privacy combined with extravagant outdoor facilities, which include individual rim-flow pools and salas, expansive wooden decks and private outdoor showers.
Jamala Madikwe Villa 1: Views over the African savannah plains AND the Jamala waterhole and VERY close to the main lodge
Jamala Madikwe Villa 2: Views over the African savannah plains AND the Jamala waterhole CLOSE to the main lodge
Jamala Madikwe Villa 3: TWIN EXTRA LENGTH BEDS for friends travelling together
Jamala Madikwe Villa 4: This Villa is situated SLIGHTLY FURTHER AWAY FROM the main lodge and offers the privacy every honeymoon couple dream about.
Jamala Madikwe Villa 5: Villa 5 is situated FURTHERMOST from the main lodge and also offers the privacy every honeymoon couple dream about. It sits gently under ancient lead wood trees its SECLUSION AND PRIVACY rivalled by non perfect for Safari purist wanting to escape to the ultimate African hideaway.
- Views over the African savannah plains from their wrap around decks
- Lounge with fireplace
- Dining area
- Walk-in dressing room
- Complimentary minibar and coffee/tea facilities
- Air conditioned
- Private rimflow pool and sala
- Outdoor shower
- Dressing gowns & pure cotton linen
About Madikwe Game Reserve
The Madikwe Reserve is situated in the North-West province of South Africa, on the border with Botswana. The large diversity of vegetation and ecozones allows for a rich diversity of game and bird species to inhabit the reserve.
Herman Charles Bosman has woven many a tale about Abjaterskop and the Marico River. It is perhaps he that best describes the vast area where enselsberg rise from the savannahs and an area that is given life from the Marico River. This is the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve, 75 000 hectares of unique topography and breath-taking beauty, it is also the home to the big 5, wild dog, cheetah and a large variety of mammal and bird life.
Madikwe’s rich cultural history began almost one million years ago and is as much part of the Reserve as the wildlife and other natural wonders in the area. Historical sites containing irreplaceable artifacts are in abundance and in time will be restored and displayed as part of South Africa’s heritage.
- Bird watching.
- Game viewing from the Jamala Madikwe deck and watch tower.
- Bush Walks: ZAR 1,850 based per 2 guests, subject to change and pre-arrangement is required. Min age16 years / Max is age 6o years, after which doctor validation is required to fitness level.
DIRECTIONS FROM OR TAMBO AIRPORT
- Exit the airport through O R Tambo Airport Road, follow the R21 North
- Continue along the R21 until the 134 on the left lane then switch to the right lane to get onto the N1
- Continue straight along the N1 until the 156 turn off and merge onto the N4
- Drive straight through 2 toll stations and then take the R556 Sun City/Majakaneng turn off
- Continue on the R556 until the four way stop about 5 km past the Sun City main entrance, take a right at the four way stop
- Continue on that road for about 9 km then turn left
- Take that road for about 38 km, go past Mabeskraal until the four way stop and turn right
- Drive straight through the road until it changes to gravel
- Keep following the gravel road until the Molatedi Gate, destination is at the gate