- Jock Safari Lodge takes its place at the pinnacle where the Mitomeni and Biyamiti rivers flow as one making it a superb space for breath-taking wildlife sightings.
- Guests can enjoy a range of activities available to enhance your African safari experience such as game drives, wilderness walks, bird watching, spa treatments & golf.
- Jock Safari Lodge is a secluded paradise over looking serene riverbeds where guests are insured an experience that is within pure harmony with the natural surroundings of the Kruger National Park.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren under 6 years are not permitted
- PoolMain lodge pool & private plunge pools available
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes (Low Risk Area)
LocationPrivate Concession in the Kruger National Park
5 hour drive from Johannesburg. Jock is situated approximately 60 minutes from the Kruger Malelane Gate.
Private charters flights from Johannesburg to Skukuza. Road transfers available on request.
12 Luxury suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking. Rates are subject to availability.
- Children between 12 – 16 years are not permitted on any walking safaris.
- Kruger National Park gate fees must be settled directly at the gate on entry into the park and are subject to change without prior notice:
- South African Residents – Adult: ZAR 105 per adult per day & ZAR 53 per child per day.
- SADC Residents – Adult: ZAR 200 per adult per day & ZAR 100 per child per day.
- International Residents – Adult: ZAR 400 per adult per day & ZAR 200 per child per day.
- Kruger National Park gate entry times are as follows:
- Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 05h30 – 18h30
- Mar & Oct 05h30 – 18h00
- Apr, Aug & Sep 06h00 – 18h00
- May, Jun, Jul 06h00 – 17h30
- All visitors who are 18 years and older, must produce a positive identity document for scanning in order to gain access to the Kruger National Park:
- SA Residents must produce their SA ID document or Driver’s Licence.
- Non SA Residents must produce their passports.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Please request rates for singe accommodation from your BushBreaks consultant.
- Children staying at Main Jock:
- Main Jock accommodates families with children from 6 years and older.
- Children between 6 – 11 years will be charged the applicable adult rate.
- Children 0 – 5 years are permitted on game drives conducted within the Jock Safari Lodge Concession.
- Children 6 – 11 years are permitted on game drives.
- Persons under the age of 12 years are not permitted on any walking safaris.
About Jock Safari Lodge
Before the turn of the century, the lure of gold brought men from all corners of the world to Southern Africa.
Sir Percy Fitzpatrick, author of the animal classic, Jock of the bushveld was one of these. They passed through some of Africa’s most scenic untamed wilderness. It is in this area that Jock Safari Lodge is based with our southern boundary being the old wagon route from Delgoa Bay into the gold fields of the interior.
Today the wilderness experience we offer is unchanged from these early times. It is in an area noted for its diversity in game, particularly the BIG FIVE.Jock Safari Lodge incorporates the romance and elegance of the past colonial era, and reflects in its unique style the indigenous Zulu and Shangaan cultures.
This luxurious lodge is situated in the southern area of the KNP at the confluence of the Mitomeni and Biyamiti rivers, half way between Skukuza and Malelane airports. It is approximately 35 km to both airports with only 3km of dirt road. Magnificent trees and an abundance of bird life surround the Lodge. From here our two track roads take you into 6000 ha of exclusive traversing in the first private concession set in over 2 million hectares of KNP. The lodge is easily accessible by road, just over 4 hours drive from Johannesburg, or 1 hour either Skukuza or Malelane airports.
Jock is located in a malaria area, but incidents are very low. Guests are advised to take precaution though.
- En-suite bathroom
- Air Conditioning
- Outdoor showers
- Digital safe in cupboard
- Each has a private sala overlooking the river & private plunge pool
About The Kruger National Park
The Kruger National Park is the primary destination in South Africa for many international tourists. Each year more than half a million visitors are registered.
The National Park was opened in 1898 at the instigation of then-president Paul Kruger. After hunters had considerably decimated the originally rich game stock, all the land between the Sabie and the Crocodile Rivers was put under the protection of Nature Conservation to ensure the survival of the remaining animals. Only as recently as 1961 was the extended Kruger Park fenced in.
The park stretches from the Crocodile River in the south up to the Limpopo River , which is the international border in the north. Altogether it is 350 km long, 65 km wide and comprises an area of about 20,000 sq km.
A web of roads of 1863 kilometres leads through the National Park, 697 km of them being tarred. For the visitor there are numerous differently equipped rest camps, most of them scenically positioned. Within the park boundaries, travel is only allowed between sunrise and sunset. After dark one has to stay in one of the fenced restcamps.
The best time for observing the animals is the dry winter season. Then the grass is low and bushes and trees don’t have leaves, so that one can have an unobstructed view. Because it virtually doesn’t rain in winter, the animals come to the waterholes to drink in the mornings and evenings and can easily be watched from the car.
- Take the N12 national road to Witbank which becomes the N4 national road.
- Follow the N4 through Nelspruit and Malelane.
- About 2 km outside Malelane, take the turn-off to enter the Kruger National Park at the Malelane Gate where an entrance fee is payable. Please have your confirmation or voucher with you.
- Once you enter Malelane gate, drive straight on the H3 road, for about 35 km and turn left at the “Jock Safari Lodge” sign.
- Then a 3 km dirt road and you are at the lodge.
Distance from Johannesburg: +/- 458 km
Note: The camp is situated half way between Skukuza and Malelane gates approximately 35 km in both directions with only 3 km of dirt road.