- Kapama Buffalo Camp is ideally suited to those who wish to discover the bush without compromising on comfort.
- Transfers from Hoedspruit/Eastgate Airport to the Lodge return at no charge for scheduled flights.
- Just 20 guests can be accommodated at Buffalo Camp, and the focus is on personal attention, superb service and complete comfort.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 16 years
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes (Low Risk Area)
LocationKapama Private Game Reserve
5.5 hour drive from Johannesburg or scheduled flight from Johannesburg/Cape Town into Hoedspruit Airport.
Transfers from Hoedspruit/Eastgate Airport to the Lodge return are free of charge for scheduled flights.
10 Luxury stilted canvas tents.
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Conservation Levy of R 200 per person per night applies and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- No children under the age of 16 years are permitted at Kapama Buffalo Camp, unless exclusive use of the lodge is booked.
About Kapama Buffalo Camp
Reminiscent of an East African safari camp of old, Buffalo Camp offers visitors a unique and intimate experience of the African bush. It is ideally suited to those who wish to discover the bush without compromising on comfort.
Ten luxury canvas tents, each accommodating two guests, are set on stilts amongst the canopies of ancient trees which line a seasonal river. Each of the en suite tents are inter connected with wooden walkways, which run high above the riverbed. Landscaped by mother nature herself, the entertainment facilities which include lounge, dinning room and boma are surrounded by an indigenous garden.
A tranquil swimming pool lies tucked away and provides the perfect spot to while away idle moments between dawn and evening safaris, for the more adventurous join your ranger on a bush walk. An elephant back safari is also available to Buffalo Camp guests.
- En-suite Bathroom
- Tea & Coffee facilities
- Mini Safe
- Mini Bar Fridge
- Climate Control air-conditioning
About Kapama Game Reserve
Kapama Private Game Reserve is situated in the Limpopo Province and was proclaimed a private nature reserve in December 1993. Covering approximately 13 000 hectares of prime big game territory, Kapama Private Game Reserve has succeeded in combining the wilderness of the bush with the comforts of five-star hospitality and facilities.
The name comes from Kapama, a Swazi king, whose tribe inhabited and hunted the northern Drakensberg mountain region around Mariepskop back in the 1880s. A game relocation programme was introduced and the reserve now supports a wide variety of game including elephant, buffalo, rhinoceros, and large populations of giraffe, impala, blue wildebeest and kudu. Predators include lion, leopard, cheetah, spotted hyena and many smaller species.
- Hot air ballooning
- Elephant back safari
- Romantic sleep out
- Family safari
Directions from Johannesburg
- Take either the N12 or the N4 from Johannesburg to Witbank and Middelburg. Turn onto the R540 towards Belfast, Dullstroom and Lydenburg. Dullstroom is set on the highveld and is an ideal point for exploring the region. The village has a quaint old-world atmosphere and is famous for its trout fishing. This is an ideal halfway stop on the way to Kapama Private Game Reserve. From Lydenburg proceed on the R36 to Orighstad, through the Strydom Tunnel to Hoedspruit.
- This scenic drive through Mpumalanga has awesome landscapes and unforgettable views. Drive up the mountain passes onto the escarpment and look down onto the wonders of the lowveld. At the Strydom Tunnel there are a number of stalls selling ethnic curios from the area.
- At Hoedspruit, take the R40 to Klaserie.
- For Kapama Southern Camp, continue on the R40 and turn left at the Eastgate Airport turn-off and continue for 15 km. Turn right at the Guernsey turn-off and continue on the gravel road for another 10 km. The Kapama Southern Camp entrance will be on your left-hand side.
- For Kapama River Lodge, Buffalo Camp and Kapama Karula, continue on the R40 until you reach the entrance on your left-hand side.