- The sophisticated spa and wellness centre includes multiple treatment rooms for both individuals and couples, a lap pool, and an equipped gym amongst other facilities.
- The lodge also features multiple dining areas including, the boma, the river bed and a state-of-the-art multi-functional venue, ideal for events such as bush conferences and african safari weddings
- It’s the largest luxury game lodge in the Greater Kruger National Park area, and is stylishly furnished to ensure an unforgettable African safari experience.
- Transfers from Hoedspruit/Eastgate Airport to the Lodge return are included in the rate free of charge for scheduled flights.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes (Low Risk Area)
LocationKapama Private Game Reserve
5.5 hour drive from Johannesburg or scheduled flight from Johannesburg/Cape Town into Hoedspruit Airport.
Transfers from Hoedspruit/Eastgate Airport to the Lodge return are free of charge for schedlued flights.
7 Courtyard Suites
33 Deluxe Suites
16 Spa Suites
4 Family Spa Suites
2 Royal Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Conservation Levy of R 200 per person per night applies and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children under 2 years stay free of charge.
- Children aged 2 – 11 years, sharing with two adults will receive a 50% discount on the per person sharing adult rate, subject to the availability of room types, which can accommodate children.
- The Family Spa Suite is based on a per night rate.
- Please note children under the age of 6 years will not be permitted on game drives. Where possible a kiddie’s safari will be arranged between normal safari times.
- Babysitting can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
- Children between the ages of 6 & 12 years are permitted on drives at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
About Kapama River Lodge
Kapama Game Reserve is within the Greater Kruger National Park wilderness area just 4½ hours drive northeast of Johannesburg.
The northern Drakensberg mountain range provides a majestic backdrop to the largest private game lodge in the Greater Kruger National Park region. Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish and roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it.Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curved around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere.
The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes featuring venison like kudu and impala.
- Air conditioning
- Private Balcony
- Mini bar
- Tea and Coffee facilities
About Kapama Game Reserve
Kapama Private Game Reserve is situated in the Limpopo Province and was proclaimed a private nature reserve in December 1993. Covering approximately 13 000 hectares of prime big game territory, Kapama Private Game Reserve has succeeded in combining the wilderness of the bush with the comforts of five-star hospitality and facilities.
The name comes from Kapama, a Swazi king, whose tribe inhabited and hunted the northern Drakensberg mountain region around Mariepskop back in the 1880s. A game relocation programme was introduced and the reserve now supports a wide variety of game including elephant, buffalo, rhinoceros, and large populations of giraffe, impala, blue wildebeest and kudu. Predators include lion, leopard, cheetah, spotted hyena and many smaller species.
Outdoor patio & decks
Indoor dining area
Outdoor dining area (Boma)
Curio/ Gift shop
Wellness centre (located at River Lodge)
Tea & Coffee facilities
Climate Control air-conditioning
- Game drives
- Bush walk
- Hot air balloon
- Elephant Back Safari
- Endangered Species Centre
- Romantic sleep out
- Body and skin treatments
Directions from Johannesburg
- Take either the N12 or the N4 from Johannesburg to Witbank and Middelburg. Turn onto the R540 towards Belfast, Dullstroom and Lydenburg. Dullstroom is set on the highveld and is an ideal point for exploring the region. The village has a quaint old-world atmosphere and is famous for its trout fishing. This is an ideal halfway stop on the way to Kapama Private Game Reserve. From Lydenburg proceed on the R36 to Orighstad, through the Strydom Tunnel to Hoedspruit.
- This scenic drive through Mpumalanga has awesome landscapes and unforgettable views. Drive up the mountain passes onto the escarpment and look down onto the wonders of the lowveld. At the Strydom Tunnel there are a number of stalls selling ethnic curios from the area.
- At Hoedspruit, take the R40 to Klaserie.
- For Kapama Southern Camp, continue on the R40 and turn left at the Eastgate Airport turn-off and continue for 15 km. Turn right at the Guernsey turn-off and continue on the gravel road for another 10 km. The Kapama Southern Camp entrance will be on your left-hand side.
- For Kapama River Lodge, Buffalo Camp and Kapama Karula, continue on the R40 until you reach the entrance on your left-hand side.